US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

harryh59
9/21/16

Blew $1200 for nothing. They were really bad BEFORE the lawsuit.

Tried Plenty of Fish and met my sweetheart. We are happily married with a beautiful baby.

jenniferd127
6/26/16

I signed up for IJL about 5 months ago because the individual I talked with made the whole process seem much better than online dating. I 100% trusted what was being told to me and really had high expectations for the entire process and was looking forward to dating through them.

My first match that was sent to me never responded back. I didn't think anything of it and agreed to go with the next person they had matched me with. The date was almost one of the worst dates I had ever been on. He was an absolute jerk, didn't stand to greet me, didn't know how to hold a conversation, ate like a pig, just horrible. I was so disappointed with the first date. However, I put it behind me and was excited for the next match to come along.

The second match ended leaving the country before we could go on our date. The third match was a gentleman who didn't meet any of my interests and had a child. Even though it wasn't what I was wanting I went on the date as I am suppose to be working with real matchmakers here they probably know better. During this date the guy was very friendly; however, he discussed his past relationships, his suicide attempt, weapons he has at his house, etc. and completely freaked me out.

My fourth match ended up being rescheduled multiple times and then he became unavailable to date. My fifth match stood me up at the restaurant. I waited for 30 minutes and then finally left without him showing up or providing any notice of being late or unable to arrive.

My entire experience so far has been an absolute nightmare and has been as bad if not worse than online dating. I had a very lengthy discussion with the dating expert about my interests, who I am, what I am looking for, etc. before going on any date. I would think with this information that I would be set up with individuals that actually matched my interests. From the dates that I have went on I don't feel like IJL has actually listened to what I am interested in, my hobbies, etc. For example: I mentioned I would like to go horseback riding sometime even though my first encounter with horses terrified me. I also mentioned I only wanted to date someone with a child if we had a LOT in common. The date which had a child our only common interest was horseback riding. I DON'T even know if I like it or could even do it. I was terrified just being around horses the one time! Lastly, every time I talk with the matchmaker I am asked to change my main preferences such as race, education, etc. I don't feel like I should be asked to change my major preferences just because they can't do their job. If my preferences were an issue then that should have been made clear at the beginning before I signed up!

Every single person that signs up is suppose to go through a face-to-face interview. This interview goes over what should be discussed on a date, how to act, etc. They attempt to make sure everyone is prepared and ready to act appropriate on a date. Therefore, I was 100% shocked by the experiences I have had on the dates. Discussing prior relationships, guns, being arrested, etc. is a complete NO on first dates. Again, I feel like IJL doesn't really know the people they have taken money from. They are clearly just interested in collecting income and not looking out for the best interests of the members who have signed up to find someone.

The cost of the 6 month program I signed up for was a big investment and it has been no better than online dating. With online dating I could have at least spared myself from meeting with these gentlemen as I would have spotted the issues prior to meeting up. I 100% regret signing up and will never recommend this to anyone!!!!! I have one more date left and honestly at this time am not looking forward to it at all.

Just want everyone to get a real picture prior to spending a ton of money for IJL!

carlt210
7/16/14

It's Just Lunch worked OK for me but didn't meet the love of my life. Cheap introductory deal but more expensive later.

sharonm20
5/15/12

I signed up with two matchmaking companies this year and the two agencies were night and day different. I'm having a very positive experience with Cupid's Coach, and not so good with It's Just Lunch. I'm here in Southern CA and the IJL matchmakers are all in Florida. They've never met me and they just seem to be throwing me together with just anyone.

fredrichb
1/19/12

They took my money and asked me what I wanted in my dates. I said thin and trim, that's about all, just thin and trim. All my dates were fat. I told them I was not happy and wanted a refund. "HA HA HA, NO you can't have a refund, we'll just send you out with more [fat] dates." Horribly expensive and not much better than speed dating, which is only $30.

andrac
1/12/10

It has been a complete waste of money and time. It so expensive! If you sign up for a long-term membership remember they only have to set you up on 5 dates. They will sell you a great picture of what they will do for you and then you could be like me forced to meet up with a date that you would rather run and hide from. Oh ya! There are some weird and very unattractive people out there and if you sign up with It's Just Lunch you could be exposed to having a date with them!