US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cindim5
8/8/16

I was looking at this site about three months ago and joined for about 2 weeks. I decided it wasn't for me, and subsequently cancelled my membership. I heard nothing further from this dating site. Then 3 days ago I began to see messages from users in my email. Today I was checking my bank account and found that this company processed a charge of $99.98 on my PayPal account!!! I do not even use the PayPal any longer. I have tried to contact Pink Cupid all day with no result. I am filing a dispute with B of A against this payment.

gilberta11
7/19/16

Tried Cupid for a bit of a laugh and its pretty good actually. Surprised at how many girls use this site! I actually joined up the same week I joined WeJustFit.com and although Ive had more dates with WeJustFit, I think Ill keep up my Cupid subscripsion anyway, as its good to have a few options and its not to expensive. Will make a final decision when the three months are up but not a bad site at all.

samz8
4/10/16

they are fakers from Ukraine and introduce themselves they are from australia when you go on one of their 30 websites . avoid them they are so good in stolen your money you will not be possible to understand . do not pay. and do not give any ID to them as verification. they will steal you .
Fake profiles from Ukraine and other countries are on their websites.

if you have already paid try to get your money back .

norah15
4/5/16

I was on this website and they are 100% fake. They are very professional and have tens of websites under cupid media as Muslima.com and all of them are fake .
Avoid them or you will lose money. If You pay membership ask from paypal return .
Make your review of them on this website or others for scammers.

Also never put your ID as verification process as they steal identity .

positivec
3/23/16

Signed up had about 30 emails as soon as I paid a subscription no more emails and no replies! After my subscription ended guess what 30 odd emails from the same people!
just a scam!

marcosp10
3/22/16

Hrnyluv or Butterscotchseven this is Marcos
Call me 808-954-0345 or email me
Marcosr808@gmail.com

camberi
3/14/16

This is one of my favorite dating sites I have used. I guess dating sites like Mingle2day may offer a larger member base in certain regions but I also felt comfortable on Cupid. I did not meet anyone, but it was a fun site to use.

rad178
3/4/16

In case it wasnt clear to you from all you've read, stay away from the site. Dont be tempted by all the pictures. There is absolutely nothing from scammers trying to get you to send $. Anyway, I did pay for a subscription service and heard all the scams. Everything from death in the family, my kid needs an operation, i need an operation, omg i just got robbed etc ... heard it all. Stay away and save your $$$

stevez11
2/16/16

These reviews say it all. I have nothing to add.
Stay away!

gregm65
1,268 helpful votes
2/11/16

Typical fake site. You sign up, "women" start contacting you (the fat, sweaty guy who owns the site), you check the "Who's Viewed Me" tab, and find out that no one has even looked at your profile.

thomasb146
2/8/16

I am not impressed with anything they have to offer.

mikeg163
2/1/16

I was hit on by multiple woman much younger from other countries to lure me in. Once signed I discovered its site all a lie! Be careful if you don't cancel they will keep charging you!

anda9
11/3/15

Used it for one month, never signed auto pay,totally forgot about the site, ended up paying 245 dollars instead of $34.99, am filing dispute with paypal who allowed this thieves to access my account, and they are located in Australia, no customers services, warning you, DON'T JOIN EVER.

joakinl
10/10/15

Cupid sites are a bunch of thieves who pray on sometimes vulnerable and isolated people seeking companionship.
I hope the company gets what is coming to it
Disgruntled &co

edwardl31
9/15/15

Cupid is a criminal operation. most US banks will not let you use their credit cards to sign up for a reason -- Cupid will renew your paid membership even when you have an end date. They hide the place where you get to stop the subscription.Most people have to google to find the page. It is also filled with romance scammers -- and they are not removed even if you report them. I know, I've reported them and they were never removed. -- If you want waste money join. If you want to meet real people go somewhere else.

kimberlyc35
9/1/15

Can't send messages as a standard member. Have to pay. What kind of dating website is this?!

davidb300
6/28/15

The below applies to my experience in New Zealand, as we are a small rock in the pacific we probably have less scammers as it's harder to scam us due to geographical location.
I joined Cupid in New Zealand a couple of years ago and found quite a few women and went on first dates with them. Yes there are scammers on the site, I came across plenty, but, it's not the sites fault, you soon find out they are fake by asking their location, then you ask them a question about their location that they should easily know. If they can't answer it, they are not from around those parts.
I was just hitting the on line people and started chatting.
And guys, if your 50+ or so, don't go thinking a hot 26 year old with a large lung capacity, and a body that works out every day, is going to want to pop anything of yours in her mouth, go for something in the ball park, not in Disneyland, you'll have less issues.

amandam56
1/5/15

Stay far away from this site. I paid for one month only and as soon as I paid, they blocked me from the site and emailed stating I was blocked until I sent a photo copy of my credit card and driver license front and back. This is absolutely ludicrous when every other site on the Internet is capable of processing payment the traditional way. Steer clear!

Tip for consumers: Steer clear and don't pay.

evaj2
11/18/14

I went in thinking i was paying 15.00 but in i2point 9Sec.they charged me 189.78 when i called them right after they said they would give me back 89.84 but that the 99.94 i would have to wait for 10 days so they can review it i was like whats to review you took something that i didn't agree to or even give you anyway no money yet they emailed me saying they woluld stop all process so i do have

maryannf2
5/29/14

I am new to Facebook. I noticed a few days ago an icon called Cupid on the left side of my FB page. WOW!!! I clicked and saw that they STOLE my pictures from my FB and also personal information and created a DATING profile for me...WITHOUT my permission. I tried to delete it, but there is no way! I just paid $12 thinking I could delete it if I was a 'member.' NOPE!!! j
I am deleting facebook, calling my bank, and an attorney.

Oh...Why did I come to this site? I should have known better. I see that there is ONE reviewer (Melinda) that has complaints about EVERYTHING, probably the water she drank today. That's too bad because it detracts from the legitimate complaints from people like me.

now iam holding with someone from the Ukraine! Before that it was the Phillipines..Yikes...this is crazy!!

davidb199
4/1/14

I've been in contac with several women on this site. Two of them asked , me for money for a plane ticket from somewhere in Africa. At first they befriend me and seem to be the best saleswomen on earth. The other women asked me to buy her an I phone, I barely know her! Should I say more?

gajendrar
3/19/14

I stumbled upon this website through facebook and i think its a pretty cool site where u definately meet real people offcourse for a small membership fee which is quite acceptable.the only thing u should be aware of is cam models who also create a fake profile and then will rip u off by asking ur card details on the links she sends so please avoid that people..the only drawback this site has is they have some sister companies like girlsdateforfree and adultfriendfinder and all whichh has almost the same members u have on cupid so doesnt make sense becoming a member on those site.

simonh47
2/27/14

Obvious scam, would give it zero stars, but you need to give at least one. Cannot find any decent international dating sites.....i.e. internationalcupid.com, columbiancupid.com, they are ALL scams.

johns646
2/2/14

The very worst web-site I have ever been on. I wouldn't suggest tothis site to anyone - trying to meet someone!!! Most are of low intelligence and very negative.

martins62
1/18/14

How can a Cupid tell lies? This site said I emailed someone. I've not even a member with e-mailing rights! So I could not have emailed anyone in Cupid.com

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cupid staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question