US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

clarisab
1/14/17

So I started using bpm in 2015. Just like anyone else I was scared about using this site to meet random guys but I decided to sign up anyways. After my account was created and pictures for updated I began to receive several messages from random dudes who wanted to talk. Now I on the other hand never responded to them. What I did was to read their profiles. I eventually decided to respond to a few guys whom seem pretty chill to talk to. One day this one guy messaged me and we ended up hitting it off. So my focus now was on him n we spoke everyday since then. We decided to finally meet for the first time. I was scared to but to my surprise he wasn't a bad person but he started to become more weird during the two months I've known him and I didn't like it so I went back to the site. I wanted to give it another shot. I was then contacted by another guy whom I wasn't interested in because he wasn't my type but I decided to talk to him anyways and guess what he was awesome and a year later we are living happy together. So my thing is sometimes we go to these sites looking for what we expect the person to be instead of getting to know someone who r not in our expectations. My 2 cents.

garyh161
1/11/17

I been using this for maybe a year and when my plan canceled I'd probably started getting more messages and flirts than when I had my account up

tomr132
1/11/17

I don't know why y'all complain about BlackPeopleMeet?! You ain't gonna find a better site except for BlackSingles4u maybe. You get out what you put in. BlackPeopleMeet ain't that bad.

nancyn43
1/5/17

Joined this site after my voluntary singlehood of 2 years. OMG the men are in constant sexual conquests, full of attempted manipulations, and perversions. It can be entertaining if you have that kind of time.Don't waste too much time or your money unless you want to be entertained or need the constant "your beautiful", "hello gorgeous" etc etc to stroke your ego. But if your not in need of that level of self affirmation. Keep it moving. If your looking for love your best bet, is not this!

dianed67
1/4/17

I've been on BPM for about a year now. I don't login all the time, but when I do, I'm always disappointed.
The men I've met don't look like their picture, and they're usually shorter than then what they put in their profiles.
I'm gonna discontinue my membership. I found a better site for meeting black singles http://ebonysinglestravel.com They have a unique way of introducing you to black singles by hosting events and trips. I think meeting someone in person is betting than trying your luck with the Internet.

togom
12/25/16

Why no street address for this business. Can anyone go to a PO Box with a problem.This is a rip off scam

sonjap5
12/22/16

I have been on the site since April 2016 and will be discontinuing my subscription in 2017. it is nice if you want to just get out sometimes to meet people. I have met some nice quality Black men on the site and know of people who actually met their husbands/wives on dating sites, but I have met more jerks than anything on this one (not looking like their picture at all (posting 10 years+ pictures), only wanting sex, lying about their age and situation and just not having their lives in order.) I have also tried eharmony and match and my experience has been other Black people on those sites are looking for the "other" and don't want a relationship with a Black person (I have also heard this from other Black people)

I suggest look up a person on your state court websites, GOOGLE their name, Facebook or Linkedin accounts, background check subscriptions as you ask the important questions. With the internet, it is easy to find out about a person, it just takes some time.

The interface is terrible, I hate the flirts, they serve no purpose and should be removed from the site, along with the automated messages. If a person likes your picture, they should be forced to send a regular email communicating like people should do and not hide behind those stupid automated messages.

I understand they need ads but the ads are all over the place and interfere with the viewing of the site, the algorithms they use need to be updated. Fortunately I have not had problems with being over charged, but have heard that from other people i have met. To me this shows the owners of this site are making money without any effort. I wish they could verify the users. Sadly a lot of people use it so they have no need to do better.

markoi
12/18/16

That's gay it's from Nigeria!
Name is Saiful Alam and he sell electronics products!

caribbeans
12/15/16

The search engine is extreemly poor, the age is set from 18 to 120, there are no option to change this. There is absolutely no field for search criteria for education and income. I am a 52 yr old busy professional female, its a waste of my time browsing through profiles of men in their 30s, men who are not college educated, does not meet my income requirment and are simply not compatible.

nadineh7
12/4/16

I got charged for 6 month membership eventhough I clicked on& signed up for 1 month membership.Very deceiving.Today is dec 4,2016.I'm waiting on their response,Be aware

benitan1
11/23/16

After "admittedly" being on the site, on and off for four years, I can honestly say I feel extremely ashamed that my family and friends even knew I joined. Only to come up short with no leads to finding that special someone. It wasn't all that bad in the beginning, and I kind of enjoyed all the attention. Now, it's a whole other story. All I get is men on continuously peeking in, giving me compliments etc., I did however go on two dates. And of course, neither JERK! looked like his profile. Jacked up teeth, big guts, sloppy, etc., so not my style. I'm thrilled my membership is coming to an end. I will NEVER! renew. I don't care of my of a "alleged" deal they will throw my way. Oh yea, the site if full of $#*! too. Go elsewhere.

cherithl
11/20/16

I do not like this site. There is no open chatroom to make it interesting and meet with both genders at once. It is a strange set up. I doubt if you all have hired any black people to help run a black site because this is an extremely boring site that no African American would ever design and pretend its good. It's a site generated robot and this robot site tries to woo and date the women and men- all fake and robotic. It's a waste of money. Horrible idea for a site. It reminds of the the black TV show, "Good Times" where the black people never get out of the ghetto. Horrible site.

marcor33
11/14/16

All them haters, LOL! No idea what all ya were expecting by joining a dating site but this is pretty much one of the best. I've used it in the past and it ain't perfect, but it's pretty damn freakin good. I guess using this one or BlackSingles4u will get the job done. Both are by far the freakin best dating sites and I've used both of em and theynever disappointed me. You ain't happy using one of those sites you're doing something wrong and should avoid online dating.

belindat4
11/4/16

Majority of these men are not what they appear to be. Their only looking for one thing and alot of them do have wives/girlfriends. This site is a waist of money and I don't recommend it to any female. This site doesn't even deserve a star.

charlesb153
11/2/16

I have not been able to access the site and the email to recover lost password does not work. I have contacted the company over 1 month without no response by phone or via email. and still continue to be charged I am turning them into the Better Business Bureau

amys192
10/30/16

Beware ladies. He lives in Milwaukee with his mother and a huge con artist. Plays on your weakness for you to take care of him. All I can say is run!

jd189
10/27/16

I agree with many posts that I have read here. I met up with this one wholly insecure idiot on the site. I mean, this person told me that I "use too many 'big' words" and that I made him "feel stupid". He said that I needed to "dumb down" the conversation... It was as if every word that I uttered made him increasingly angry. His triggers were conversation about women's empowerment, college, and "big words". I believe that he may have suffered abuse in his childhood by the hands of a woman with a college degree and an expansive vocabulary. Perhaps she stuck a dictionary up his a$$ once, so he felt f*cked by knowledge.Literally... After this, I took the site for a joke!

latreaseh
10/13/16

I wouldn't say BPM is personally responsible for these losers who sign up for this service. Unfortunately, it just give these guys a platform to try to seek out their next victims, and to spread their dysfunction. Ladies beware of the following men on BPM, everything from psychotic liars to abusive to sex addicts, or financially unstable: SIX2ONE90N10, sikeknight, jnay1972 (just had a baby), SquiresPsyD, Leoism---CoolLVTQMTKN- he's a sweet guy, but almost 50, and still lives with his uncle, and doesn't have stable employment or reliable car. Please run in the opposite directions with: RAMELL5000, he lies and tells you his name is Ramello Lundie, and he's a lawyer, and never been married and has no kids. All lies, he is recently married, and has children, and he's behind on child support. He has been convicted from everything from rape to fraud, his real name is Melvin Lundie---beware!

steves278
9/27/16

It is really hard to think of a better black dating site than this one. Only site which may be an alternative is BlackSingles4u.com but forget the rest. So I am surprised to read all those negative reviews and I believe that most of the guys leaving bad comments have no idea what they talkin' about. I like the site a lot and after spending years on several black dating sites (avoid the 100% free sites, they are just a waste of time) I know that there are only two or three worth joining sites and this is one of them. Period!

johns1434
8/23/16

There are a lot of rip off dating sites on the internet now days. A lot of them have fake photos, fake profiles, I don't know about this one but I have my suspicion. This is my last payment to blackpeoplemeet.

kingo8
8/20/16

Fake flirts to get you to pay. Once you pay...no more flirts. You send messages to people who do not reply. This is likely because they have a free account, which is a tease for both parties. The worst is that the "matching" algorithm has shown profiles of the wrong gender THREE times in two weeks! (I am male seeking female -- I have been shown 3 male profiles).

Tip for consumers: DONT! Rip-off site.

lisar175
8/19/16

This site is a waste of money not paying to date Anyone the men are here some are Falsely advertising their lives forreal they wanna meet up with you have sex try and take money from you for paying their bills so it's for fools who wanna get ripped off and pay for this site but can't pay the bills fyi Know ya worth some men are deep down not right they are dirty! And make it hard for the good men that are still in this world!!! Beware of BigVslim sleeping with women knowing there is no future I have never paid a man's phone bill not saying that I won't but hell looks nice but out to hurt so don't get caught up in fantasy and desire time is precious Some men on here seem to think because they are attractive they can do women anyway and FYI wring doing will never find you a future or happiness!!! May the a father always Bless!! Please Beware of BigVslim he goes by that name and sales suits, do not let those nice texts and or calls or suits he wears fool you that man is not right! PROVEN FACT!!! He is on face book as well as many other sites I'm sure!!!

michelej11
8/16/16

I have met my soulmate. We met in August 2013 and plan to marry in Dec 2016. Thank you BlackPeopleMeet!!

chiniques
Chinique S.
8/7/16

Look like a rip off. At least offer a free trial. Our black people can be so cheap. I'll go back to match.com.....don't deserve a 1

charlened10
8/2/16

I subcribed to this site a couple of years ago. The first turn off was a bunch of generic winks. So absolutely ridiculous. If this is a dating site, have something to say. Second turn off was getting email from same guy liking and winking @ every pic. Really !!!! . After going on several dates it added up to be a big waste a time. Grown men, good jobs, w/no ambition, emotional baggage (worse than woman) and just wanting a booty call. Fast fowrad to present rejoined site after relocating to new area (Alabama) and OMG. Nothing changed. Winks and no dialoge. One guy got nasty cause I wouldnt give him my phone#,. End all did connect with a gentlemen, good long night conversation. After about a month Im puzzled why he was reluctant to meet. First meet was in a parking lot and he was a nervous wreck. Geez I surrender!!!! Being single isnt as bad as this site!!!!!

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question