Review of BlackPeopleMeet

Dallas, TX 75225
Tel: 1-866-727-8920

katew74
10/12/17

I joined to meet black men, I continuously get hit on by white men. I joined to meet men, there's a bunch of boys sending flirts and picture likes, no confidence, just cowards. I made it clear in my profile not to send a bunch of likes and no flirts. I also stopped bpm from emailing me every time on of these cowards send a flirt or like and they removed me and won't refund me. Go to POF, at least it's free. BPM is a joke!!!

tym134
10/8/17

I joined and had a great experience... it auto-renewed, which kinda pissed me off (but it does tell you this in the terms).....but because it auto-renewed, I was contacted by a man that turned out to be more than I ever prayed for.....and is now my husband. But before him, I went out with some great guys, only met 1 looney toon and never experienced weird drama. My expectations were realistic, I was honest about who I was and I never rushed into anything. Worked great for me......best of luck to you all!!

sheliaj4
9/19/17

They say its free to brows right, i did for a minute so i decided to do the 1 month for 16.75. Afterwards i sstarte afterwards, all of a sudden men start hitting me up but i couldn't respond back. It would say upgrade to be able to read what they're saying. My thought was UPGRADE for what. If i wasnt going to be able to communicate why did i just pay 16.75. When just browsing is free. I called my debit card to check if they've taken the money and i got very upset to hear 2 payments pending. 1 for 16.75 and 1 for 3.99. What was the 3.99 for. So i called my bank and put a stop on it and now all i say is $#*! bpm because they are scammers and ppl yall need to call and put a block on them because they are slick and they will continue to take your money even after your time is up. They tried to take a extra 3.99 out of my account and for what

jackiey8
9/17/17

I'm not able to log into my renewed account but the payment is already paid . I've sent several messages. I'm frustrated I just want my money bac....

richardl195
9/15/17

Don't used this site they will not cancel you if are a membership they will charge you twice on your credit card I had to cancel my credit card and I had to dispute to get a refund back on my account do not be a membership on this site plus they used Indiana customer service even their Supervisor is from India claim they are here in Texas and they will not help you to cancel and they will charge you 99 dollars to deactivated your account I will notified BBB the best thing for this site is to get a prepaid card just enough they can only take certain amount on the card and transaction will not go through if they keep charging you or dispute it to get your refund back. I would rate them 0 not 1 they don't even deserve a 1

logank16
9/12/17

After my wife left me last year I've been trying to go out again, enjoying life as good as only possible, if you know what I mean. Been searching for a decent online dating site for black folks and came across BlackSingles4u, BlackPeopleMeet, BlackCupid, and BlackPlanet. Decided to create an account on all of them.

Both, BlackSingles4u and BlackPeopleMeet, are excellent. Been using both and can't be more happy. No, no new girl yet but getting there. Was not really happy using BlackCupid and BlackPlanet; don't know why though

ss161
9/9/17
• Updated review

My update is that the BBB could not settle this issue so I wrote to the DOJ of my home state via their website and waited several months and received nothing but a patronizing email when I specifically wanted answers as to why this withholding of my credit card info cannot be rectified since I am no longer a customer.

“Strong potential for credit card theft”
8/28/17
• Previous review

I have attempted to have this website remove my credit card info for a few months now and they refuse. Any reasonable and prudent person, and even the consumer groups recommend that you do not store any credit card info online and you should have the right to have it removed if you are no longer a customer! I had written to the BBB and to peoplemedia.com to no avail!!!
This website is part of the Peoplemedia.com network so please research the parent company when utilizing dating websites and BUYER BEWARE THEY HOLD YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO HOSTAGE FOR NO SENSIBLE REASON!

rachelb136
9/3/17

And they want to charge you to do almost everything, thus taking away from the full experience. My monthly payment should take care of what I need to do. For BPM to charge me additional to do basic things is ridiculous. And why when I receive a notification that someone message me, must I always log in to see the message; why can't the message itself come through my notification? This site/app, makes the user have to do way too much work for the high monthly fee we have to pay. Offer more for this fee and stop making the user have chase every notification. Visit some of the other dating websites and view their appearance and hey they operate when it comes to paid subscribers/notifications.

katiej41
9/1/17

The men on this site are trolling for sex and nothing else only took 10 days see how many weirdo are on this site. Signed up for 30 days and they charged me twice. Beware!

barbarab272
8/24/17

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! I NOTICE IT QUICK AND I TRIED TO CANCEL AND THEY KEPT MY MONEY. FOR ALL WE HAVE BEEN SCAM YOU ALL NEED TO CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION TO FILE A COMPLAINT AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN DALLAS TEXAS LEAST THAT THE ADDRESS THEY ARE USING. THEN YOU ALL NEED TO CONTACT DALLAS TEXAS POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FILE A "SWINDLE FORM" ON THEY WEBSITE!!! SOMEBODY FROM THE COMPANY IS GOING TO JAIL!!! KEPT MY MONEY AND RIP ME OFF!!!!

johnnad1
8/19/17

This site is garbage . Also a rip off, I signes up for a "free membership" period which then became a 3 month subscription that my card is still being charged for. The "customer service" number is a fake number, and the actual site is below par. Many of the members are old white men looking for sugar babies or to engage in interracial sex. While the other members are the same from other sites like POF. I truly regret signing up over a year ago. I am forcedto get a new card bc I keep getting charged even though I canceled 8 months ago AFTER my subscription ended!

sammyb20
8/17/17

I asked the rep to cancel my acc after 1 month because I had no use for it they charged me over and over time again and no refund even after seeing I have not been on it for 7 months

valeriex
8/14/17

I would like to start a class action lawsuit against this site for the spam they do. They won't activate the cancel the automatic renewal button on your account. They think most people forget about it, which is what I did, and they kept debiting $29.95 out of my account each month. I think we should come together and let's figure this out. Please contact me at georgiaval1@yahoo.com

cassr2
8/14/17
• Updated review

Like I advised, before- use a prepaid card with limited funds so that they can't keep zapping your card after you have tried to stop subscription.

“protect your finances”
7/1/17
• Previous review

Use a prepaid card with limited funds on it, to prevent them from continuing renewals. I have been on this site for 3 years. Let it lapse for 6 months. Decided to try it again, this time, for only one month because I saw someone that I knew who had decent credentials. The site wiped out the profile that I had spent a considerable amount of time, creating over a year ago, only because they said that I had violated rules by my writing that I am able to read & respond to messages, again, because I have renewed. How is that a violation? Yet, there are sleaze bags on the site that they do not censor. Not going to bother to put together as extensive a profile that I had, before, because if they delete it, no big waste of my time. And, I always use a prepaid card and never my credit card or debit card, and I make sure I spend any excess on the card before they can take it. Nothing but losers and men with low self esteem on this site.

Tip for consumers: Only use a prepaid card with limited funds, to prevent their automatic renewals.

dm500
8/13/17

The sight is horrible!!!! Although I did meet my current partner on the sight 3 years ago I remember it being slim Pickens at the time with that said most men of the sight were just looking for sex after weeding threw all that I manage to find someone I could talk to who didn't just want to have sex who could hold a real conversation and who wanted to get to know me not my bra size

rosieh11
8/6/17

I was also on BPMeet off and on for 3 years,and each time my subscription expires I get a lot of e-mails. Now mine you when my subscription is valid I don't get any e-mails at all. That's what they want to keep you paying. The worst site there is.

joyf17
8/4/17

I have tried BPM twice and both times I have been disappointed! Not only are most of the men I saw there fat and not handsome, but they seem to be uneducated too. Also, I found their favorite topic of conversation to be about one thing and one thing only -SEX! For an attractive, well educated woman with a great deal to offer, I found BPM to be a waste of time, money and energy.

silvesters2
8/3/17

good dating site and absolutely no freakin' clue why everyone's so negative 'bout it.been a member for 3 months and had a few dates.site works fine.blacksingles4u is a good alternative if u havent been lucky on bpm.worth a try instead of $#*!in' around 'bout bpm.

peppip
8/1/17

It's a waste of money I wish I would have checked the reviews before I signed up!!! It's horrible the men are dam near asking for sex on the first conversation this online dating thing is a waste

walkerp10
7/31/17

Please refund my money. You require credit card number to reset password. No I do think it is going to happen., Refund Patricia_Walker7@sbcglobal.net Wil be contacting BBB

lolam30
7/14/17

This is actually my 2nd time trying BPM & also my 2nd time being very disappointed! "Fool Me Once...."
I, like many, thought bc you pay to be on here, that your options would be better. Not! Where do they get these men from? & I use the term men lightly. And the 1out of 1000000 that actually can complete a sentence using proper English is located 9700 miles away. All they want to do is troll pictures & send flirts....Never an actual greeting...how old are we? I know everything isn't for everybody, & sadly BPM isn't for me. I so wanted to love this site & find a mature, articulate, settled, stable, sane attractive (even semi attractive) Black Man! Well guess what...BLACK PEOPLE MEET DOESN'T HAVE ANY! GO FIGURE! LOL
But this is just my experience (twice) You have to be your own judge.

denises129
7/12/17

I joined bpm twice. I was looking for a friend that could lead to something special. I went through the men with a fine tooth comb. It was like a needle in a haystack. I don't like to judge men but I come to realize we're living in the last days. The word is filled with so much lust and pervertiness Worldly possession the love of money being the root of all evil. Real love is no where to be found. God has blessed me so much if I never find my soulmate it probably was a blessing in disguise. Bpm is not the way to go. If it is meant to be god knows. Wait on him he's never failed us yet LADIES!! Never settle

jd240
6/27/17

... when I tried this site several years ago; and quite frankly, I'm surprised it's still around. The men aren't the only "undesirables" on this site. There are plenty of women that leave much to be desired as well regardless of how they look or their accomplishments. All that glitters is not gold... not by a longshot, especially in the online dating world. Genuinely good women aren't crude or critical or superfiicial or shallow... and you eventually attract what you essentially are underneath the glitter. If you really don't understand the art of romance, then stop trying to meet romantic men; you don't understand them... and if you're a material status girl who knows the price of everything but doesn't know the value of anything, then stop trying to meet "honest men of character"; you don't deserve them and stop wasting OUR time. If you're a woman who hasn't packed her "baggage" away yet, then don't expect to meet the type of man who has ... etc. etc. So after a couple of months of playing online with "girls" of ALL ages, I met the Woman of my dreams the old fashioned way; just being out and about and catching a REAL vibe from a beautiful REAL woman with a genuine heart and a deep sense of community... but without preconceived judgments, delusions of granduer and superficial notions... or an I-phone stuck to her face. LOL

dumarf
6/24/17

BPM is your typical dating site. You will have to pay to send messages back and forth if you find someone you are interested in. I was on the site for about 2 days(March 2017) when I decided to message this beautiful woman and to my amazement she wrote back. We sent messages to each other constantly for about a week before we decided to switch over to kik. We had great conversations and was honest with each other early on. I am happy to report that we are building a solid relationship and she's everything that I ever wanted in a partner. I believe in the law of attraction and she was sent to me via BPM. I could never ask for a better woman to spend my life with!

non270
6/21/17

All the dating site say the same with the same people and most of the profile are not real and too many people trying to scam. I know the site can't control the scammer but it's too much, that's why honest people just stay away. Plus it cost way to much to be members

Helpful answer

Contact black people meet. Tell them ur going to put a law suit against them for not checking this person out. Because they let them use ur picture. Without your permission.

By angie b. on 9/14/15
Helpful answer

DON'T DO IT YOU GOING TO REGRET IT.

By Gail S. on 11/5/15
Helpful answer

Yes it is legit but you do have to pay to send flirts and emails. However the quality of people on this site is really bad and you may run across several fake profiles set up by the BlackPeopleMeet representatives in an attempt to get you to renew your membership,I know I did. If you are seeking quality this is not the site and don't believe the commercial and all the hype. Please look someplace. You'll be glad you did. Good Luck in your search.

By Val S. on 6/23/16
Helpful answer

These processing fees are monies the companies try to recoup. Usually the credit card companies charge a fee to the company that accepts the credit/debit card for payment. The credit card company charges a percentage of the payment. Now the company that submit charge may tell you about the resources needed to process the charge (computer time, human capital, overhead, etc.) but that is already allocated in the original charge. They don't mind taking money from you, but let someone charge them a fee and they come back too you.

By Sally H. on 8/8/15
Helpful answer

You won't get your money back, I signed up for three months, I ended my membership in March before the due date in May 23 and they took my money any way, when I called and asked about it they said I didn't put in my cancellation in time, so they didn't give my money back either. They are so rude when come to refunds

By Amy c. on 6/2/15
Helpful answer

First let me state that I am not a therapist nor anyone of the learned field of psychology. I have no insight to the issue. We have to realize that meeting people on these social sights we cannot be aware of their emotional state nor what of how, if anything we say or do will impact them. If you feel you have been unjustly characterized, I would say that you be the bigger person and publicly (in writing on the same site) apologize. I know you may feel you did nothing to deserve this and it may be true. I know you are concerned about the negative connotation this may associate to you, but sometimes we have to swallow the little things to move on to bigger things. Yes some may read and have a negative impression of you, but we don’t know both sides of the issue and mature intelligent people will be able to see that. After all, some may read your apology and see you in a different light. Just note that you did not intentionally wanted to leave the association in a negative manner, if it seemed as such, you sincerely apologize. There is no need to list the names of the individuals or write/contact the individual personally who are involved involved, for it is none of our business. Drop the issue, move on. It is only in big business during a hostile takeover that people’s lives are ruined. People read these and move on to the next day. Yes, get a new telephone number. Letting someone know of criminal activity of a person is if true is a safety and security issue to those on these social sites. Dehumanizing a person should not what we should be about doing. So good luck and keep moving on.

By Sally H. on 4/25/15
Helpful answer

No. Too many smokers, men who have 10 kids and never married the mothers, no education, some are too pushy and want your personal phone number right away, and some are downright crazy. Be careful.

By Cass R. on 4/17/16
Helpful answer

agreed! with jeff - better choice for me - AfroRomance plan to keep my sub. there. or the FREE mingle2 just my thoughts.

By JaKE S. on 12/11/15
Helpful answer

You should post current photo's. If you meet someone,they will have to look at you so don't lie. Post fairly recent photo's.. 20 year old photos just don't get it.

By Sally H. on 12/10/14
Helpful answer

Either this is Too Much (personal) Information or this post is spam.

By Cass R. on 6/1/17
Questions? Get answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

5 Photos for BlackPeopleMeet