US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

johns1434
8/23/16

There are a lot of rip off dating sites on the internet now days. A lot of them have fake photos, fake profiles, I don't know about this one but I have my suspicion. This is my last payment to blackpeoplemeet.

kingo8
8/20/16

Fake flirts to get you to pay. Once you pay...no more flirts. You send messages to people who do not reply. This is likely because they have a free account, which is a tease for both parties. The worst is that the "matching" algorithm has shown profiles of the wrong gender THREE times in two weeks! (I am male seeking female -- I have been shown 3 male profiles).

Tip for consumers: DONT! Rip-off site.

lisar175
8/19/16

This site is a waste of money not paying to date Anyone the men are here some are Falsely advertising their lives forreal they wanna meet up with you have sex try and take money from you for paying their bills so it's for fools who wanna get ripped off and pay for this site but can't pay the bills fyi Know ya worth some men are deep down not right they are dirty! And make it hard for the good men that are still in this world!!! Beware of BigVslim sleeping with women knowing there is no future I have never paid a man's phone bill not saying that I won't but hell looks nice but out to hurt so don't get caught up in fantasy and desire time is precious Some men on here seem to think because they are attractive they can do women anyway and FYI wring doing will never find you a future or happiness!!! May the a father always Bless!! Please Beware of BigVslim he goes by that name and sales suits, do not let those nice texts and or calls or suits he wears fool you that man is not right! PROVEN FACT!!! He is on face book as well as many other sites I'm sure!!!

michelej11
8/16/16

I have met my soulmate. We met in August 2013 and plan to marry in Dec 2016. Thank you BlackPeopleMeet!!

chiniques
8/7/16

Look like a rip off. At least offer a free trial. Our black people can be so cheap. I'll go back to match.com.....don't deserve a 1

charlened10
8/2/16

I subcribed to this site a couple of years ago. The first turn off was a bunch of generic winks. So absolutely ridiculous. If this is a dating site, have something to say. Second turn off was getting email from same guy liking and winking @ every pic. Really !!!! . After going on several dates it added up to be a big waste a time. Grown men, good jobs, w/no ambition, emotional baggage (worse than woman) and just wanting a booty call. Fast fowrad to present rejoined site after relocating to new area (Alabama) and OMG. Nothing changed. Winks and no dialoge. One guy got nasty cause I wouldnt give him my phone#,. End all did connect with a gentlemen, good long night conversation. After about a month Im puzzled why he was reluctant to meet. First meet was in a parking lot and he was a nervous wreck. Geez I surrender!!!! Being single isnt as bad as this site!!!!!

ceer1
8/2/16

I must say I thought it was just another stupid site full of random creepies. I had a free account for months, weird guys lurking on my profile, and I wasn't even fully ready for a relationship when I made an account. I'd just got out of what I thought was my forever relationship of 10 years...actually my mom paid for the site for a month. I had no intentions on finding love on here just a bit of dating fun. The day I subscribed to the site is the day my new love messaged me. I'm currently still with him a year later. We now have a baby and plan to marry later on. And the funny thing which it's really not funny...is that he isn't black. Not that you have to be black on the site but that's kinda the idea to meet fellow black people and I met a white man lol. But love knows no color, sex or age. It wasn't an easy year for us, we almost split, but we pulled thru and we have a lot more happy to experience together. We are better together than apart, and we learned that lesson the hard way. I'm happy with my man and my baby.
You can find love on here when you aren't looking. What you put in is what you get out.

miguelt16
7/28/16

I found myself on this site after being heartbroken yet again. Approaching my mid thirties I was beginning to feel hopeless about ever find that special someone for my life. I had to take a long look inside of me before I could do anything because let's face it, no website can just "give me" the happy life and true mate I sought.

I decided I was going to go for the gusto and began dating this time with vigor and excitement, unlike in the past when I dreaded the experience. The site had a massive amount of single, intellegent and beautiful black women. It wasn't long before I was in the full dating swing of things. Then I had to figure out "how" to date. Once I figured that out, dates came just as frequent but more focused, a lot less wasting time and money. I narrowed it down to just a few and before you know it I had found someone who was perfect for me, and she lived less than five miles from my home.

On July 4th, we were married and today I couldn't be happier. I'm an introvert who has trouble opening up and sometimes I'm even socially awkward. Which would sound weird to anyone who knows me but it's true in the beginning of any relationship I've always been a mess. So just walking up to women has never been my thing. I've done it but never been successful at it.

This site was a blessing. It gave me the venue to say what was on my mind to women I found suitable and the opportunity to get to know them before I actually met them. This is the best site I've ever used. And worth every penny!!!

ms310
7/27/16

They are over charging every time you renew your subscription. Sad, what a rip off!

micheller106
7/25/16

This site is useless. All you get is false interest messages with one sentence. Once replied to there is never a response. I think they fake the interests towards paying customers. I would never recommend this site.

camillet13
7/16/16

They advertise one price but when you give your credit card info you'll pay double that price with no receipt!

qweniquew
7/9/16

This site should check to see if people are married! This site as well as other dating sites promotes cheating! Terry L White is married!

jacks489
7/6/16

Be aware, they will send fake flirts and notifications just to get you to spend money to join this site.
Worst site on the internet. Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid are a lot better!!!

notc2
7/2/16

Ladies beware of Basketballcraz50.. He is a manipulator and a pathological liar. Will have you thinking that you're the crazy one and second guessing yourself...I've met nothing but men with problems on this site, please beware..save your money

ginar22
6/29/16

The worst site ever it's not worth the money or time just a lot of clutter from people who don't pay and don't read the profiles they will not let you say what you want in your profile and the men are old ugly horn dogs

michaeld212
6/28/16

I tried to join a few times, using different payment methods but all you get is a notice that your card has been declined and I tried with a few different cards as well as my ATM which all work, even Paypal doesn't work. They have absolutely no customer service so it's basically just a fake dating site...

Don't waste your time..

wandab25
6/25/16

I registered on line and kept getting responses over 111 of them from females. I am a female interested in males only. The 111 responses appeared to be a scam to encourage up grade. I had previously requested assistance through email for correcting gender and to no avail I never received assistance. I decided to unsubscribe from emails, the emails keep coming. RIDICULOUS!!!
There is no phone number or any personal way to contact customer service.

shirleyb67
6/25/16

I have met some nice guys on BPM. I never sign up for more than 30 days and never with my credit/debit cards. I go out and purchase visa/MasterCard gift cards..child plz. I signed up one month last year and met a well established man. Got to know him and he flew me out twice round trip (he better) and treated me like a queen. I don't know what went wrong but we talked off and on after second visit. Now he's retiring at 52..bought a big house..sold his smaller one. Doing everything in his power to get me back but its a wrap. Geminis only play with you for so long. So out of the two times I joined I met like 5 men and had no problem getting their numbers. I been wired money...2 trips and begging like crazy to see me. One thing I'm not is desperate for a man. I gotten attention all my life. I just gotten out of 22 yr relationship and was desperate. Maybe if alot of u stop lying about ur weight and sending fake pics..u to could get lucky.

janesew1
6/22/16

I'vd tried BPM several times over the years,so I can say with conviction"don't waste your time or money"!!! It is truly filled with a bunch of losers.They have a lot of what I call"ghost profiles" guys long gone,but didn't delete their profiles.A lot of profiles with no pictures or with pictures,but the men didn't take the time to volunteer anything else.men looking for a booty call and nothing more.All my experiences and the guys I did meet on this site have been negative.Though there are probably some good men on this site,I wasn't fortunate enough to meet any of them.I can honestly say I will NEVER subscribe to it again 6/22/16

trishaj2
6/19/16

LADIES PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ARMY4LIFE HES A JERK. NEVER BEEN FAITHLIES ABOUT HIS AGE HES 50. BEING MARRIED 3XS. USE YOU TO GET,WANT HE WHATS THEN TELL YOU HE DO NOT WANT TO BE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP. RUNNNN

adriennet5
5/30/16

Met my sweetheart on BPM 3yrs ago. I was waiting for my membership to run out and the very last week I received a message. We talked for a month and finally we met. He planned the perfect date. Best date I've been on in all my life. We look forward to spending the future together. We've talked wedding plans. Will keep BPM posted. Don't give up ladies!!!

alicec74
5/17/16

Meet a man, went on one date and he tried to sleep with me. He was a really nice guy, so I gave him another chance before he asked me to co-sign for him, and asked me to buy him some Jordan shoes all in three weeks of knowing him. He rents his cars and tries using women into thinking that he is the best thing since sliced bread. After that 3 weeks, I deleted my profile, his phone number and never spoke to him again. I guess the feelings was mutual because he never called again after I told him I was not buying him anything.

aliciaw26
5/11/16

I just joined BPM. I am a white female, attractive, hardworking & excellent mother. I was on this site a week and realized no good if your looking for anything other then sex. Men try to come off as gentleman but don't last. I met one guy ( GRACEWALK) and he had the most attractive profile & pics very handsome supposedly divorced w 4 kids. A YOUTH MINISTER FOR YOUTH!!!! This part was true I googled his name. Found that he APPEARS to be a reputable local minister. He was looking for a WOMAN OF GOD.....1st day we chat, he's insulting me right off bat saying I sound like a smoker, I don't smoke, asked me if I had teeth bc I wasn't showing them in my pic, implied I was 400 lbs because most of women her met were heavy and he can't have an "obese or ugly woman", ask me first night we talked on phone 1 day after meeting he asked me to come meet him for an hour and asked if I could twerk! I am a 34 year old grown woman I don't twerk! I bet some of the disadvantaged youth he ministers twerk though. Then reveals he has 2 adopted high school & college age daughters, one of which was gonna be staying w him for summer!! Yeah I bet! So I use VOIP app because I don't know this man so I used Talkatone figured if all went well would give my real number later. He instead of asking me went did Google search then got nasty I didn't give him my real number gee now y'all see why!!!! Asking me if my children are mixed or white. So after being insulted by this man and him already PROBING me first couple days was enough red flags for me. I messaged him told him something was off about HIM and I wasn't interested. Was meeting him Friday for coffee but that's off!! Ladies, be careful here especially if you have children. This man works with youth that's a scary thought. Beware! This man is a wolf in sheep clothing! And, I read one of his Bios online he did 10 years in prison for something. Probably using ministry as a front for something sinister. Oh put cherry on top he said he was looking for a white wife but he's on a site that is predominately black and made for black people. Lmao!!! Ladies be careful!!! Good luck!! Spen your money on better things girls

gd45
5/10/16

I have ran into moderators who work for BPM go around taking pictures of ugly men to post on here. I have been recorded w/o permission and wired-tap by men from CA, AZ, NEVADA and TX to hear my conversation. When they found out my telephone number, I was illegally added to a list of 19 other women w/o my permission illegally and many of the men on BPM are scam artisits, gay or bisexual, trying to get you to their house, psycho along with most being ex-offenders and history of domestic violence and abuse also there are child sex offenders on BPM. Being on BPM for a little over a year has been a nightmare. I plan on filing a lawsuit against Black People Meet as whenever you post your profile and if they don't like it they will remove your entire profile and that is violation of the Consumer Financial Protection Act if you are a paying customers. Yes many on this site are married. It is best to run a full background check on them. When you start catching on to who they are and what they are they back off, call you derrogatory names and block your number if you try to call them. Some of their telephone numbers are stolen phones they send you nude pictures and pictures of their private parts. I suspect many are early releases from prison looking for a fresh start. There have been alleged prison guards, police officers, investors, pimps, gangsters, etc. They use the ex-wife factor or ex died of cancer, ex left them w/house they all have daughters no sons and they never want to meet in a public place always late at night but never let them know where you live or come over. My concern lies with the invasion of privacy with illegal phone recordings as many of them are Masons, FreeMasons plus something even worse. They work in a circle group and will try their best to manipulate you any way they can. You are a black professional woman, if they can't get their way, they will refer to you as a "ghetto nigga $#*!" I've been called and they are quick to say that's why they prefer white women. Black People Meet should be called Fake People Meet. I am going to end my subscription because the men they send my way are getting worse and also you indicate men only and they send women to your site. I have met some men who gave themselves away and indicated they work for Black People Meet. I have also been a victim of "catfish" and "wingman" where they send someone else to check you out before they meet you. It is mind games and emotionally and mentally abusive. This site really needs to go under federal investigation for fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud, theft, invasion of privacy and committing illegal activities by utilizing your telephone number and incorporating it on massive lists of 18-19 other women all at the same time. I have taken pictures of all of this information before I file a Federal Lawsuit against Black People Meet and if anyone else is interested in a class action suit please reach out because enough is enough. I've been told to fly somewhere and sit in an airport while someome drives 7 hours to pick me up and yet when you ask them to meet you half way they act like they cannot leave their state. One of the predators whose in his 50s preys on young college girls at ASU as he told me. One who rides around w/15 yr old in his truck, There are so many that I have collected phone numbers and pictures as I write my own story on my website and expose as I hope the FBI along with FTC conduct a full investigation because I don't think that BPM knows that are violating sincere honest people consumer's rights when you pay for a subscription and they lock you out of your own account and still illegally charge you. Also I will mention these moderators who work for BPM are the one's who are trying to date you, already have your credit card information and they all use special phones to call you on and will shut them off when need be. Some of us Black professional women sincerely are looking for that special one, and the older the men are on this BPM the more childish they are and that is sad and ugly. Please investigate BPM or take them down. They also have an office base in Chandler, Scottsdale, Mesa and Tempe AZ. Heavy connections in Las Vegas, Los Angeles and Chicago and many them are by way of New Jersey and New York. Proceed with caution ladies these men are out for blood and if they put you on a group list without your permission then the FBI and FTC should get involved as that is violation of your privacy and consumer protection act. There is a hugh fine BPM will eventually have to pay out as I hope this gets Media Coverage of this online dating site.

samantham58
4/30/16

I purchased a subscription -1st mistake. 60% of them have unaddressed mental health issues- everything from attachment issues to bipolar to misogyny. The site sends messages between members not initiated by members to stir interaction. The site is constantly messing with your profile and pics even though you've not broken any rules. The filters are fake. However you choose to shuffle the profiles from your search you still have 42 pages of men in the same order. Frauds, liars, scammers,games and teeming with LOSERS.

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question