Review of BlackPeopleMeet

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ladyd9
4/22/17

This man has ruined my life. This site sucks royally and the quality of men is low. I have met several men and the ones I have met seem to be overly aggressive, ugly, fat and liars. Make sure you check your account when you cancel because they will try to be slick and charge you.

Tip for consumers: Run Forest run!!!!

kimp122
4/22/17

My girlfriend husband on the site, acting like he's single, posting pictures of their home, and children. Like he's a single parent.

lisal255
4/19/17

They have man posing as someone else trying to swindle women out of money. I contacted BPM several times and still have not received a response (its been 4yrs) All they want is that monthly payment they don't care what you do on that site.

constancer1
4/18/17

Even when you cancel your membership they still bill you and won't refund your money. Two months of cancelations.

tyw10
4/17/17

Filled wit overly aggresdive, psycho men, with anger, gross sexual issues, rude, false. The site using the system to send flirts for you, review profiles on men you never look at. Just to generate conversation with loosers. Waste of money stay away. All of he profiles are not real.

jamesh424
4/15/17

Pretty famous dating site for african americans, maybe the biggest. I really like the way its all set up, nice and simple to use and really easy to find find someone to chat with. Will stick with it for now and may add up a second option, BlackSingles4u, as a couple of friends have been using it and they are pretty satisfied. For now four stars. Don't see any 'scam evidence' yet.

tonys161
4/10/17

The site is poor quality first off and its a scam I cancelled my account but it auto renewed twice . I didn't catch the first one but I caught the second. The rep said they didnt receive a request to cancel. Also not many active people on then it gives false alerts and statuses for people. People (new ) that have not been on for months. To many free dating sites to pay and nothing is better then the old fashion way.

jasonc177
4/3/17

All Good on this site if there wasn't so many stuck-ups.Thats why some of them need too be unhappy. This for the happy people.

janp57
4/1/17

Save your money. I Took a 3 month subscription (based on reviews here now I must checkimy Credit card to see if I was over billed)
Joined on a Friday, removed my profile and cancelled subscription in a week here's why: same "matches" pops up every day despite swiping left to say NO not interested. Freaky looking females pop up as a match for me when I have clearly indicated in preferences I am seeking males. Very poor Calibre of Matches. Not user friendly. Can't even rearrange your photo layout. Liking someone's profile triggers an automated misleading message that you are unaware of until you check your history. Very disturbing. I quit and have feedback in the process that based on the reviews I have just read will likely not be considered.

misst6
3/22/17

A month ago, I Signed up and 'met' someone who expressed mutual interest. Seemed we had alot in common. Agreed to have dinner in a public place 2 wks later. Date was AMAZING! He claimed to be an ex-Navy Seal and claims he was medically retired. I saw no physical reasons as to why he would be medically retired, so I conclude it was due to mental issues. He immediately began displaying strong narcissist behavior - cursing at me, degrading me, accusing me of trying to control him and twisting the blame back to me, then pulled the silent treatment until I called him on the carpet and he told me he doesn't think we should comtact each other or see each other anymore. He also told me not to harass of f@ck with him and he wished me well. This man is crazy to say the least. HE TOLD ME my last name and I had never mentioned it to him. Claims I came as a suggested FB friend. I believe he looked up every profile on FB of people with my 1st name until he found my picture and boom...there's my last name. He speaks of his naval intel skills and says he knows more about me that I think he does. I did a name search on him and the name he gave me comes up nowhere on the world wide web or any social media sites. Scary part is if he runs my public record, he will then have my address! I checked with BPM and asked if they could give me the name his account is registered under and of course, no reply. This is some scary sh!t! I can't even file a restraining order because I don't know the fools real name! I say my prayers and keep it moving...
Please be careful people.

kevina80
3/19/17

The problem is not so much the site it's the women ! Most seen to be looking for some great God on a Trojan white horse to come wisk them away and take them to some fantasy land they have dreamed up. I've never see so many black women with 3,4,5 kids and have never been married a day in their lives. They complain that so many profiles are false, because they go for the smoke and mirrors, superficial B,S... When a real brother comes you way you can't recognize him! And will not give him the time of date. The only woman I made a real connection with was a beautiful Latin woman. I love black women and was married to one for 25 yrs but got tired of kissing her @ss and bending over backwards with out having my need met.

Just one man's take.

williamsp9
3/16/17

Unfortunately, so many of the reviews on here on correct. So many sad, lonely, scammers on BPM! Men who are only out for sex and worse! Men in their 50s who don't have cars or a decent place to live. It is beyond reprehensible that their are so many people who behave so childish and immature and will take advantage of someone's heart and soul! Christian Black People is also the same. If you look at the profiles, you will see the same names and photos. I dated a man on CBPM, and he just stopped communicating with me. He is back up there with a fake profile and misinformation! I feel so sorry for so many of the wonderful people who get scammed by these losers! Avoid Black Christian People too! They are full of scammers and they are no Christians believe me!

genem37
3/10/17

I had the EXACT thing happen, registered for a one month and was charged for 6 months then when i called their so called Customer service and demanded to speak to a manager they said they couldnt transfer the call. .

chuit
3/8/17

David H. and Ann C. must work for the company (which happens to be owned & operated by whites). The choice of Black Men that actually have anything more than sex to offer are EXTREMELY limited on this site. Don't bother listing preferences, they'll "match" you with any age/sex/and location to make it seem like you've got several options. You will find the same guys on every other site including Craigslist. BPM is a rip-off.

deborag6
2/26/17

I joined intros a monthly subscription but was billed for a six-month-old subscription talk to customer service it would not help I went through my bank and reverse charges and show my bank but I chose and what they did to my account my bank reversed my charges don't do it don't do it don't do it don't do it not worth your time headache money or energy

davidh474
2/25/17

Not really sure why everyone's complaining about BPM. Seems like people have absolutely no clue how hard it is to find a reputable black dating community. No complaints so far. Site is easy to use, many members. BPM and BlackSingles4u are the best dating sites in this category.

jr232
2/15/17

This site does not offer any customer service or security. I met someone (mikepell5y)and he hacked my profile/account in 2 days, reported me when I rejected him and Bpm shut down my account without even a warning. This is not a secure site and it's basically a stalkers paradise! I'm not a bitter woman who was dumped or played I was a good woman looking to meet a good man, not a crazy one!

annc92
2/7/17

This is a beautiful commercial of Black Men speaking/ commenting on Black Women & what they love about a Black Woman. I SIMPLY Love it. Well done.
Ann

chanc141
2/6/17

I was lucky enough to meet the best man in the world on this site 4 years ago. We started off slow... talked only by phone for 3 months. Met for dinner and have been together ever since. He proposed to me last May and our wedding is in September. Ladies... please use your natural woman's intuition when dating. Dont bother with men that say what the DO NOT want on their profile... too negative. This site worked miracles for me. I can for you as well if you use is wisely!

ashh8
2/6/17

The site stays down but they dont have problems taking your money. IF you LOOK at a persons profile it will send them a MISLEADING message saying that you are flirting or saying things you never said...WORST SITE EVER!!!!!

ladeannaf
1/30/17

I was charged $25 dollars when I chose a one month subscription. I called Customer service and they were no help. BPM gives 50% off of their monthly $15 rate, which amounts to $7.50, however, when I selected that plan, I was billed for a 6 month plan. I called CS, which is apparently in India, and the best they could offer was the full one month fee. Also, the site is mostly a waste of time. Too many flirts, no real messages, and just men from hundreds of miles away. DON'T JOIN! !!!!

lorettal11
1/29/17

I have had several conversations and can spot the bs rght away. However, Larry Holcombe from Lathrop, CA aka luv2pls caught my attention. We took things very slow and after a year he informed me he was going through the motions. Thanks for your honesty, but after all this time? There are people that are interested in various types of relationships and those are not the ones we had discussed. We were both very clear on what we were looking for and discussed it several times. He is not looking for a long term relationship as his profile indicates. He is still stuck on his ex and can't move beyond it. I will get past this but want others to be aware of his lies and manipulation. He isn't all he claims, talks poorly of his children even when he says family is everything. Claims he is sober (but watch the other stuff he engages in). And can't stay away from the casinos. Just be careful!!

enidc2
1/28/17

I thought I met the man of my dreams, only to find out later that he is a con man, serial liar and serial cheater. His name is Antonio Davis from Lithonia Ga. He is diabolic and narcissistic. He disarm you with his charming personality and sweet talk but he is an evil character. Ladies beware of Tony Davis. I would try BPM again, I think there are good men on the site the only problem is making the right connection. I won't give up because of that poisonous apple!

raei
1/27/17

I elected a one-month subscription via clicking the appropriate radio button. I decided to pay through pay pal and noticed after completing the completing the transaction I was subscribed for 6 months, charged almost $70.00 and was scheduled for renewal. The Terms and conditions clearly protects the company and beats the consumer out of their hard earned money.

lt61
1/25/17

I joined in November 2016 and Ended my Subscription December 2017.The men on this site are perpetrating a fraud about their age, occupation and annual salary, I encountered men who are homeless, petty criminals, and con artist. Please get their name or phone number to do a check on their background on the internet sight and check your local courts to see if that have warrants or outstanding court dates. I'm a professional woman in my 50's and I don't have time for the iSSSSSH.

34 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question