US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jr232
2/15/17

This site does not offer any customer service or security. I met someone (mikepell5y)and he hacked my profile/account in 2 days, reported me when I rejected him and Bpm shut down my account without even a warning. This is not a secure site and it's basically a stalkers paradise! I'm not a bitter woman who was dumped or played I was a good woman looking to meet a good man, not a crazy one!

annc92
2/7/17

This is a beautiful commercial of Black Men speaking/ commenting on Black Women & what they love about a Black Woman. I SIMPLY Love it. Well done.
Ann

chanc141
2/6/17

I was lucky enough to meet the best man in the world on this site 4 years ago. We started off slow... talked only by phone for 3 months. Met for dinner and have been together ever since. He proposed to me last May and our wedding is in September. Ladies... please use your natural woman's intuition when dating. Dont bother with men that say what the DO NOT want on their profile... too negative. This site worked miracles for me. I can for you as well if you use is wisely!

ashh8
2/6/17

The site stays down but they dont have problems taking your money. IF you LOOK at a persons profile it will send them a MISLEADING message saying that you are flirting or saying things you never said...WORST SITE EVER!!!!!

ladeannaf
1/30/17

I was charged $25 dollars when I chose a one month subscription. I called Customer service and they were no help. BPM gives 50% off of their monthly $15 rate, which amounts to $7.50, however, when I selected that plan, I was billed for a 6 month plan. I called CS, which is apparently in India, and the best they could offer was the full one month fee. Also, the site is mostly a waste of time. Too many flirts, no real messages, and just men from hundreds of miles away. DON'T JOIN! !!!!

lorettal11
1/29/17

I have had several conversations and can spot the bs rght away. However, Larry Holcombe from Lathrop, CA aka luv2pls caught my attention. We took things very slow and after a year he informed me he was going through the motions. Thanks for your honesty, but after all this time? There are people that are interested in various types of relationships and those are not the ones we had discussed. We were both very clear on what we were looking for and discussed it several times. He is not looking for a long term relationship as his profile indicates. He is still stuck on his ex and can't move beyond it. I will get past this but want others to be aware of his lies and manipulation. He isn't all he claims, talks poorly of his children even when he says family is everything. Claims he is sober (but watch the other stuff he engages in). And can't stay away from the casinos. Just be careful!!

enidc2
1/28/17

I thought I met the man of my dreams, only to find out later that he is a con man, serial liar and serial cheater. His name is Antonio Davis from Lithonia Ga. He is diabolic and narcissistic. He disarm you with his charming personality and sweet talk but he is an evil character. Ladies beware of Tony Davis. I would try BPM again, I think there are good men on the site the only problem is making the right connection. I won't give up because of that poisonous apple!

raei
1/27/17

I elected a one-month subscription via clicking the appropriate radio button. I decided to pay through pay pal and noticed after completing the completing the transaction I was subscribed for 6 months, charged almost $70.00 and was scheduled for renewal. The Terms and conditions clearly protects the company and beats the consumer out of their hard earned money.

lt61
1/25/17

I joined in November 2016 and Ended my Subscription December 2017.The men on this site are perpetrating a fraud about their age, occupation and annual salary, I encountered men who are homeless, petty criminals, and con artist. Please get their name or phone number to do a check on their background on the internet sight and check your local courts to see if that have warrants or outstanding court dates. I'm a professional woman in my 50's and I don't have time for the iSSSSSH.

clarisab
1/14/17

So I started using bpm in 2015. Just like anyone else I was scared about using this site to meet random guys but I decided to sign up anyways. After my account was created and pictures for updated I began to receive several messages from random dudes who wanted to talk. Now I on the other hand never responded to them. What I did was to read their profiles. I eventually decided to respond to a few guys whom seem pretty chill to talk to. One day this one guy messaged me and we ended up hitting it off. So my focus now was on him n we spoke everyday since then. We decided to finally meet for the first time. I was scared to but to my surprise he wasn't a bad person but he started to become more weird during the two months I've known him and I didn't like it so I went back to the site. I wanted to give it another shot. I was then contacted by another guy whom I wasn't interested in because he wasn't my type but I decided to talk to him anyways and guess what he was awesome and a year later we are living happy together. So my thing is sometimes we go to these sites looking for what we expect the person to be instead of getting to know someone who r not in our expectations. My 2 cents.

garyh161
1/11/17

I been using this for maybe a year and when my plan canceled I'd probably started getting more messages and flirts than when I had my account up

tomr132
1/11/17

I don't know why y'all complain about BlackPeopleMeet?! You ain't gonna find a better site except for BlackSingles4u maybe. You get out what you put in. BlackPeopleMeet ain't that bad.

nancyn43
1/5/17

Joined this site after my voluntary singlehood of 2 years. OMG the men are in constant sexual conquests, full of attempted manipulations, and perversions. It can be entertaining if you have that kind of time.Don't waste too much time or your money unless you want to be entertained or need the constant "your beautiful", "hello gorgeous" etc etc to stroke your ego. But if your not in need of that level of self affirmation. Keep it moving. If your looking for love your best bet, is not this!

dianed67
1/4/17

I've been on BPM for about a year now. I don't login all the time, but when I do, I'm always disappointed.
The men I've met don't look like their picture, and they're usually shorter than then what they put in their profiles.
I'm gonna discontinue my membership. I found a better site for meeting black singles http://ebonysinglestravel.com They have a unique way of introducing you to black singles by hosting events and trips. I think meeting someone in person is betting than trying your luck with the Internet.

togom
12/25/16

Why no street address for this business. Can anyone go to a PO Box with a problem.This is a rip off scam

sonjap5
12/22/16

I have been on the site since April 2016 and will be discontinuing my subscription in 2017. it is nice if you want to just get out sometimes to meet people. I have met some nice quality Black men on the site and know of people who actually met their husbands/wives on dating sites, but I have met more jerks than anything on this one (not looking like their picture at all (posting 10 years+ pictures), only wanting sex, lying about their age and situation and just not having their lives in order.) I have also tried eharmony and match and my experience has been other Black people on those sites are looking for the "other" and don't want a relationship with a Black person (I have also heard this from other Black people)

I suggest look up a person on your state court websites, GOOGLE their name, Facebook or Linkedin accounts, background check subscriptions as you ask the important questions. With the internet, it is easy to find out about a person, it just takes some time.

The interface is terrible, I hate the flirts, they serve no purpose and should be removed from the site, along with the automated messages. If a person likes your picture, they should be forced to send a regular email communicating like people should do and not hide behind those stupid automated messages.

I understand they need ads but the ads are all over the place and interfere with the viewing of the site, the algorithms they use need to be updated. Fortunately I have not had problems with being over charged, but have heard that from other people i have met. To me this shows the owners of this site are making money without any effort. I wish they could verify the users. Sadly a lot of people use it so they have no need to do better.

markoi
12/18/16

That's gay it's from Nigeria!
Name is Saiful Alam and he sell electronics products!

caribbeans
12/15/16

The search engine is extreemly poor, the age is set from 18 to 120, there are no option to change this. There is absolutely no field for search criteria for education and income. I am a 52 yr old busy professional female, its a waste of my time browsing through profiles of men in their 30s, men who are not college educated, does not meet my income requirment and are simply not compatible.

nadineh7
12/4/16

I got charged for 6 month membership eventhough I clicked on& signed up for 1 month membership.Very deceiving.Today is dec 4,2016.I'm waiting on their response,Be aware

benitan1
11/23/16

After "admittedly" being on the site, on and off for four years, I can honestly say I feel extremely ashamed that my family and friends even knew I joined. Only to come up short with no leads to finding that special someone. It wasn't all that bad in the beginning, and I kind of enjoyed all the attention. Now, it's a whole other story. All I get is men on continuously peeking in, giving me compliments etc., I did however go on two dates. And of course, neither JERK! looked like his profile. Jacked up teeth, big guts, sloppy, etc., so not my style. I'm thrilled my membership is coming to an end. I will NEVER! renew. I don't care of my of a "alleged" deal they will throw my way. Oh yea, the site if full of $#*! too. Go elsewhere.

cherithl
11/20/16

I do not like this site. There is no open chatroom to make it interesting and meet with both genders at once. It is a strange set up. I doubt if you all have hired any black people to help run a black site because this is an extremely boring site that no African American would ever design and pretend its good. It's a site generated robot and this robot site tries to woo and date the women and men- all fake and robotic. It's a waste of money. Horrible idea for a site. It reminds of the the black TV show, "Good Times" where the black people never get out of the ghetto. Horrible site.

marcor33
11/14/16

All them haters, LOL! No idea what all ya were expecting by joining a dating site but this is pretty much one of the best. I've used it in the past and it ain't perfect, but it's pretty damn freakin good. I guess using this one or BlackSingles4u will get the job done. Both are by far the freakin best dating sites and I've used both of em and theynever disappointed me. You ain't happy using one of those sites you're doing something wrong and should avoid online dating.

belindat4
11/4/16

Majority of these men are not what they appear to be. Their only looking for one thing and alot of them do have wives/girlfriends. This site is a waist of money and I don't recommend it to any female. This site doesn't even deserve a star.

charlesb153
11/2/16

I have not been able to access the site and the email to recover lost password does not work. I have contacted the company over 1 month without no response by phone or via email. and still continue to be charged I am turning them into the Better Business Bureau

amys192
10/30/16

Beware ladies. He lives in Milwaukee with his mother and a huge con artist. Plays on your weakness for you to take care of him. All I can say is run!

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question