Review of BlackPeopleMeet

Dallas, TX 75225
Tel: 1-866-727-8920

jd240
6/27/17

... when I tried this site several years ago; and quite frankly, I'm surprised it's still around. The men aren't the only "undesirables" on this site. There are plenty of women that leave much to be desired as well regardless of how they look or their accomplishments. All that glitters is not gold... not by a longshot, especially in the online dating world. Genuinely good women aren't crude or critical or superfiicial or shallow... and you eventually attract what you essentially are underneath the glitter. If you really don't understand the art of romance, then stop trying to meet romantic men; you don't understand them... and if you're a material status girl who knows the price of everything but doesn't know the value of anything, then stop trying to meet "honest men of character"; you don't deserve them and stop wasting OUR time. If you're a woman who hasn't packed her "baggage" away yet, then don't expect to meet the type of man who has ... etc. etc. So after a couple of months of playing online with "girls" of ALL ages, I met the Woman of my dreams the old fashioned way; just being out and about and catching a REAL vibe from a beautiful REAL woman with a genuine heart and a deep sense of community... but without preconceived judgments, delusions of granduer and superficial notions... or an I-phone stuck to her face. LOL

dumarf
6/24/17

BPM is your typical dating site. You will have to pay to send messages back and forth if you find someone you are interested in. I was on the site for about 2 days(March 2017) when I decided to message this beautiful woman and to my amazement she wrote back. We sent messages to each other constantly for about a week before we decided to switch over to kik. We had great conversations and was honest with each other early on. I am happy to report that we are building a solid relationship and she's everything that I ever wanted in a partner. I believe in the law of attraction and she was sent to me via BPM. I could never ask for a better woman to spend my life with!

non270
6/21/17

All the dating site say the same with the same people and most of the profile are not real and too many people trying to scam. I know the site can't control the scammer but it's too much, that's why honest people just stay away. Plus it cost way to much to be members

pamelaw72
6/20/17

Awful, nasty men that need to grow up. I thought I was going to find the love of my life. Not. Men are players and they all need Jesus

airn2
6/19/17

I have been off and on this site for a while now. Whenever I let my subscription expire magically I have over 200 views and messages the next day. This is all to make you sign up again. I set what my preferences are and that isn't filtered in. Not to mention my matches of the day are always very young or very old, no where near what I want. Rip off... they need to be investigated and refund consumers money.

candacey1
6/14/17

This is the absolute worse and disappointing site ever and a slap in the face because you have to pay. I chose this site over POF because I was thinking its paid so better results. First off 90 percent of the people who contact me are not local. I'm only 29 and if I could screen shot and upload I will show that majority of messages are from way older men, its disgusting! The site doesn't have filters like POF where you can make adjustments of who can or can't contact you like based on a person distance, age and etc! I only subscribed for one month and they tried to offer me a discount and honestly this POS ran site should be free! The site lacks enthusiasm! I signed up for POF a free site and I've enjoyed it way more. Disappointed in BPM and I wanted too support a black business but the site needs major improvements! Sign up at your own risk!

kesters
6/10/17

This site will steal your money like a professional pick pocket. If you sign up for 1 month they will be lots of algorithmic fake activity on your account to get you to subscribe for subsequent months. If you cancel the auto renew, they will try to bait you with a 50% reduction for the second month. If you insist on not auto renewing, then that's it, you're done. You can send 100 messages and not get a single view. You will be like a fish out of water with no way to get back in the game. I'm glad I followed my instincts and only subscribed for 1 month.

kristinl27
6/4/17

Let me just start off by saying the comments below are hilarious! I do somewhat agree with what some of the people below are stating, you definitely have to be careful and use lots of good judgement and wisdom when it comes to choosing who you converse with and give your time to. I was only on the site 72 hours and I did come across some crazies, (hence my reasoning for giving the site a 3 instead of a 5). With that being said, for those of you who feel a bit discouraged, don't immediately give up on the site and it's power of using algorithms to bring you your match. My (now husband) and I met on BPM on Sept 21, 2014. Unlike every other person I connected with on the site, we immediately hit it off so well to the point we chatted back and forth on the site for 7 straight hours. At the end of the conversation we exchanged numbers and he called me literally two minutes later. The rest is history. We've now been together almost 3 years and our 1 year marriage anniversary is this December. So I say all that to say thank you BPM. God used your site to bring me the love of my life and best friend. To all the hopeful singles out there, don't lose hope guys. Your perfect match is out there and on the way, just have some faith!

andrewr113
5/26/17

Joined BPM a few months ago and in my opinion it is one of the best. Since I started using dating sites I've tried BlackSingles4u, BlackPeopleMeet and BlackCupid. BlackCupid was the only one I did not like that much. Don't know why, just not my type of site. But BPM and BlackSingles4u are really legit. No idea why everyone's throwing s$$$ at BPM. Just my 2cents.

jennyb62
5/21/17

I'm not a member her but I know many guys that are.. Ladys be careful.. These men are desperate with low self esteem and self worth.. There is a guy with the initial GLS he is a black fat pig.. That poses as a handsome friendly guy.. On when he is standing up and sucking his stomach in.. Lost of these guys move from other states with non visible diseases to stress them and there pain.. There are broke as a joke. With the illusion of wealth.. Don't be fooled. Drives a black Christler 300: Comes to sex you up and tried to take your money.. And when he can't. Will do everything in his power to destroy you.. Why th lots of threat to harm you in ever way.. Be careful ladies.. And men. I believe he is also bi sexual

at781
5/19/17

I was on the site 5 years ago and thought I met the man of my dreams....got married and found out that he had been married 3 times before he married me, was irresponsible, couldn't do anything but lie about any and everything. I left last year and I am now filing for divorce.

donnam209
5/18/17

They will charge your acct. even though it is NOT set to automatic renewal. They go to your account, change the status, charge you then refuse to give you a refund. It doesn't matter if there has been no activity in weeks because the site sucks, they just take your money. They are theives!

alfredad
5/15/17

I moved from San Diego to Addison Tx thinking this would be a good time to meet some good looking black men I was so up set that the only men looking at my Profile were men with 4/6 KIDS DARK SKINED MEN with NO HAIR and to OLD or too young they didn't care about what my profile was saying this is why I stop dating and having sex for the last 6 years today black man has TOO MANY KIDS WITH NO MONEY THEY THINK THAT $#*! IS CUTE IT SO SAD PAPERSACK

wendis6
5/9/17

This site should be called meetaloser.com. The men I have met are liars. They don't want a relationship or a good woman. They are on the site all day hunting for women like an animal stalks its prey.
Avoid LUCKYCHARM4U, NOTTHEAVERAGE, RAVENSMAN all prey on woman!!!!

calig2
5/9/17

A bunch of losers, liars and old fat men on this site. I saw an ex on the site claiming he was 51 when he really is 58. LOL....loser. I'm about to start naming names so watch out!!!

mahoganyb1
5/6/17

I would give blackpeoplemeet.com a ZERO RATING if the option was available. Black Meet should be called Black People Cheat because the site is full of cheaters that are looking for the next person to lie to. Ladies, there are NOT any single men on Black People Meet. Please, do not waste your money on this site.

truthb4
5/4/17

I paid money.Not they would let my log in.They are saying reactive to gain access.This site is FRAUD!!

alexiat2
5/3/17

This site regularly discrimates against women as far as what it will allow them to post meanwhile men are allowed to post any and everything. Furthermore, the customer service is VERY poor. The phone number to reach them is 866-727-8920, and trying to get a supervisor on the phone is pretty much non-existent. Don't waste your money if you decide to be a paying member. They act like they are paying you instead of the other way around. Go out and meet people the old fashioned way. Online dating is not what it's cracked up to be especially when you have a company that doesn't meet your needs.

ladyd9
4/22/17

This man has ruined my life. This site sucks royally and the quality of men is low. I have met several men and the ones I have met seem to be overly aggressive, ugly, fat and liars. Make sure you check your account when you cancel because they will try to be slick and charge you.

Tip for consumers: Run Forest run!!!!

kimp122
4/22/17

My girlfriend husband on the site, acting like he's single, posting pictures of their home, and children. Like he's a single parent.

lisal255
4/19/17

They have man posing as someone else trying to swindle women out of money. I contacted BPM several times and still have not received a response (its been 4yrs) All they want is that monthly payment they don't care what you do on that site.

constancer1
4/18/17

Even when you cancel your membership they still bill you and won't refund your money. Two months of cancelations.

tyw10
4/17/17

Filled wit overly aggresdive, psycho men, with anger, gross sexual issues, rude, false. The site using the system to send flirts for you, review profiles on men you never look at. Just to generate conversation with loosers. Waste of money stay away. All of he profiles are not real.

jamesh424
4/15/17

Pretty famous dating site for african americans, maybe the biggest. I really like the way its all set up, nice and simple to use and really easy to find find someone to chat with. Will stick with it for now and may add up a second option, BlackSingles4u, as a couple of friends have been using it and they are pretty satisfied. For now four stars. Don't see any 'scam evidence' yet.

tonys161
4/10/17

The site is poor quality first off and its a scam I cancelled my account but it auto renewed twice . I didn't catch the first one but I caught the second. The rep said they didnt receive a request to cancel. Also not many active people on then it gives false alerts and statuses for people. People (new ) that have not been on for months. To many free dating sites to pay and nothing is better then the old fashion way.

Helpful answer

Contact black people meet. Tell them ur going to put a law suit against them for not checking this person out. Because they let them use ur picture. Without your permission.

By angie b. on 9/14/15
Helpful answer

DON'T DO IT YOU GOING TO REGRET IT.

By Gail S. on 11/5/15
Helpful answer

Yes it is legit but you do have to pay to send flirts and emails. However the quality of people on this site is really bad and you may run across several fake profiles set up by the BlackPeopleMeet representatives in an attempt to get you to renew your membership,I know I did. If you are seeking quality this is not the site and don't believe the commercial and all the hype. Please look someplace. You'll be glad you did. Good Luck in your search.

By Val S. on 6/23/16
Helpful answer

These processing fees are monies the companies try to recoup. Usually the credit card companies charge a fee to the company that accepts the credit/debit card for payment. The credit card company charges a percentage of the payment. Now the company that submit charge may tell you about the resources needed to process the charge (computer time, human capital, overhead, etc.) but that is already allocated in the original charge. They don't mind taking money from you, but let someone charge them a fee and they come back too you.

By Sally H. on 8/8/15
Helpful answer

You won't get your money back, I signed up for three months, I ended my membership in March before the due date in May 23 and they took my money any way, when I called and asked about it they said I didn't put in my cancellation in time, so they didn't give my money back either. They are so rude when come to refunds

By Amy c. on 6/2/15
Helpful answer

First let me state that I am not a therapist nor anyone of the learned field of psychology. I have no insight to the issue. We have to realize that meeting people on these social sights we cannot be aware of their emotional state nor what of how, if anything we say or do will impact them. If you feel you have been unjustly characterized, I would say that you be the bigger person and publicly (in writing on the same site) apologize. I know you may feel you did nothing to deserve this and it may be true. I know you are concerned about the negative connotation this may associate to you, but sometimes we have to swallow the little things to move on to bigger things. Yes some may read and have a negative impression of you, but we don’t know both sides of the issue and mature intelligent people will be able to see that. After all, some may read your apology and see you in a different light. Just note that you did not intentionally wanted to leave the association in a negative manner, if it seemed as such, you sincerely apologize. There is no need to list the names of the individuals or write/contact the individual personally who are involved involved, for it is none of our business. Drop the issue, move on. It is only in big business during a hostile takeover that people’s lives are ruined. People read these and move on to the next day. Yes, get a new telephone number. Letting someone know of criminal activity of a person is if true is a safety and security issue to those on these social sites. Dehumanizing a person should not what we should be about doing. So good luck and keep moving on.

By Sally H. on 4/25/15
Helpful answer

agreed! with jeff - better choice for me - AfroRomance plan to keep my sub. there. or the FREE mingle2 just my thoughts.

By JaKE S. on 12/11/15
Helpful answer

You should post current photo's. If you meet someone,they will have to look at you so don't lie. Post fairly recent photo's.. 20 year old photos just don't get it.

By Sally H. on 12/10/14

No, NO and NOOO!

By My O. on 4/17/16
Helpful answer

If you have a Bank call them and let the bank know that this amount was an unauthorized transaction and explain the misleading website. The bank will refund you your money. They will put them on investigation to get there (Bank) money back. Also the bank can give you there phone number. Thr bank will send you info letting you know its settled.

By Gail S. on 2/2/16
Questions? Get answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

5 Photos for BlackPeopleMeet