US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

nadineh7
12/4/16

I got charged for 6 month membership eventhough I clicked on& signed up for 1 month membership.Very deceiving.Today is dec 4,2016.I'm waiting on their response,Be aware

benitan1
11/23/16

After "admittedly" being on the site, on and off for four years, I can honestly say I feel extremely ashamed that my family and friends even knew I joined. Only to come up short with no leads to finding that special someone. It wasn't all that bad in the beginning, and I kind of enjoyed all the attention. Now, it's a whole other story. All I get is men on continuously peeking in, giving me compliments etc., I did however go on two dates. And of course, neither JERK! looked like his profile. Jacked up teeth, big guts, sloppy, etc., so not my style. I'm thrilled my membership is coming to an end. I will NEVER! renew. I don't care of my of a "alleged" deal they will throw my way. Oh yea, the site if full of $#*! too. Go elsewhere.

cherithl
11/20/16

I do not like this site. There is no open chatroom to make it interesting and meet with both genders at once. It is a strange set up. I doubt if you all have hired any black people to help run a black site because this is an extremely boring site that no African American would ever design and pretend its good. It's a site generated robot and this robot site tries to woo and date the women and men- all fake and robotic. It's a waste of money. Horrible idea for a site. It reminds of the the black TV show, "Good Times" where the black people never get out of the ghetto. Horrible site.

marcor33
11/14/16

All them haters, LOL! No idea what all ya were expecting by joining a dating site but this is pretty much one of the best. I've used it in the past and it ain't perfect, but it's pretty damn freakin good. I guess using this one or BlackSingles4u will get the job done. Both are by far the freakin best dating sites and I've used both of em and theynever disappointed me. You ain't happy using one of those sites you're doing something wrong and should avoid online dating.

belindat4
11/4/16

Majority of these men are not what they appear to be. Their only looking for one thing and alot of them do have wives/girlfriends. This site is a waist of money and I don't recommend it to any female. This site doesn't even deserve a star.

charlesb153
11/2/16

I have not been able to access the site and the email to recover lost password does not work. I have contacted the company over 1 month without no response by phone or via email. and still continue to be charged I am turning them into the Better Business Bureau

amys192
10/30/16

Beware ladies. He lives in Milwaukee with his mother and a huge con artist. Plays on your weakness for you to take care of him. All I can say is run!

jd189
10/27/16

I agree with many posts that I have read here. I met up with this one wholly insecure idiot on the site. I mean, this person told me that I "use too many 'big' words" and that I made him "feel stupid". He said that I needed to "dumb down" the conversation... It was as if every word that I uttered made him increasingly angry. His triggers were conversation about women's empowerment, college, and "big words". I believe that he may have suffered abuse in his childhood by the hands of a woman with a college degree and an expansive vocabulary. Perhaps she stuck a dictionary up his a$$ once, so he felt f*cked by knowledge.Literally... After this, I took the site for a joke!

latreaseh
10/13/16

I wouldn't say BPM is personally responsible for these losers who sign up for this service. Unfortunately, it just give these guys a platform to try to seek out their next victims, and to spread their dysfunction. Ladies beware of the following men on BPM, everything from psychotic liars to abusive to sex addicts, or financially unstable: SIX2ONE90N10, sikeknight, jnay1972 (just had a baby), SquiresPsyD, Leoism---CoolLVTQMTKN- he's a sweet guy, but almost 50, and still lives with his uncle, and doesn't have stable employment or reliable car. Please run in the opposite directions with: RAMELL5000, he lies and tells you his name is Ramello Lundie, and he's a lawyer, and never been married and has no kids. All lies, he is recently married, and has children, and he's behind on child support. He has been convicted from everything from rape to fraud, his real name is Melvin Lundie---beware!

steves278
9/27/16

It is really hard to think of a better black dating site than this one. Only site which may be an alternative is BlackSingles4u.com but forget the rest. So I am surprised to read all those negative reviews and I believe that most of the guys leaving bad comments have no idea what they talkin' about. I like the site a lot and after spending years on several black dating sites (avoid the 100% free sites, they are just a waste of time) I know that there are only two or three worth joining sites and this is one of them. Period!

johns1434
8/23/16

There are a lot of rip off dating sites on the internet now days. A lot of them have fake photos, fake profiles, I don't know about this one but I have my suspicion. This is my last payment to blackpeoplemeet.

kingo8
8/20/16

Fake flirts to get you to pay. Once you pay...no more flirts. You send messages to people who do not reply. This is likely because they have a free account, which is a tease for both parties. The worst is that the "matching" algorithm has shown profiles of the wrong gender THREE times in two weeks! (I am male seeking female -- I have been shown 3 male profiles).

Tip for consumers: DONT! Rip-off site.

lisar175
8/19/16

This site is a waste of money not paying to date Anyone the men are here some are Falsely advertising their lives forreal they wanna meet up with you have sex try and take money from you for paying their bills so it's for fools who wanna get ripped off and pay for this site but can't pay the bills fyi Know ya worth some men are deep down not right they are dirty! And make it hard for the good men that are still in this world!!! Beware of BigVslim sleeping with women knowing there is no future I have never paid a man's phone bill not saying that I won't but hell looks nice but out to hurt so don't get caught up in fantasy and desire time is precious Some men on here seem to think because they are attractive they can do women anyway and FYI wring doing will never find you a future or happiness!!! May the a father always Bless!! Please Beware of BigVslim he goes by that name and sales suits, do not let those nice texts and or calls or suits he wears fool you that man is not right! PROVEN FACT!!! He is on face book as well as many other sites I'm sure!!!

michelej11
8/16/16

I have met my soulmate. We met in August 2013 and plan to marry in Dec 2016. Thank you BlackPeopleMeet!!

chiniques
Chinique S.
8/7/16

Look like a rip off. At least offer a free trial. Our black people can be so cheap. I'll go back to match.com.....don't deserve a 1

charlened10
8/2/16

I subcribed to this site a couple of years ago. The first turn off was a bunch of generic winks. So absolutely ridiculous. If this is a dating site, have something to say. Second turn off was getting email from same guy liking and winking @ every pic. Really !!!! . After going on several dates it added up to be a big waste a time. Grown men, good jobs, w/no ambition, emotional baggage (worse than woman) and just wanting a booty call. Fast fowrad to present rejoined site after relocating to new area (Alabama) and OMG. Nothing changed. Winks and no dialoge. One guy got nasty cause I wouldnt give him my phone#,. End all did connect with a gentlemen, good long night conversation. After about a month Im puzzled why he was reluctant to meet. First meet was in a parking lot and he was a nervous wreck. Geez I surrender!!!! Being single isnt as bad as this site!!!!!

ceer1
8/2/16

I must say I thought it was just another stupid site full of random creepies. I had a free account for months, weird guys lurking on my profile, and I wasn't even fully ready for a relationship when I made an account. I'd just got out of what I thought was my forever relationship of 10 years...actually my mom paid for the site for a month. I had no intentions on finding love on here just a bit of dating fun. The day I subscribed to the site is the day my new love messaged me. I'm currently still with him a year later. We now have a baby and plan to marry later on. And the funny thing which it's really not funny...is that he isn't black. Not that you have to be black on the site but that's kinda the idea to meet fellow black people and I met a white man lol. But love knows no color, sex or age. It wasn't an easy year for us, we almost split, but we pulled thru and we have a lot more happy to experience together. We are better together than apart, and we learned that lesson the hard way. I'm happy with my man and my baby.
You can find love on here when you aren't looking. What you put in is what you get out.

miguelt16
7/28/16

I found myself on this site after being heartbroken yet again. Approaching my mid thirties I was beginning to feel hopeless about ever find that special someone for my life. I had to take a long look inside of me before I could do anything because let's face it, no website can just "give me" the happy life and true mate I sought.

I decided I was going to go for the gusto and began dating this time with vigor and excitement, unlike in the past when I dreaded the experience. The site had a massive amount of single, intellegent and beautiful black women. It wasn't long before I was in the full dating swing of things. Then I had to figure out "how" to date. Once I figured that out, dates came just as frequent but more focused, a lot less wasting time and money. I narrowed it down to just a few and before you know it I had found someone who was perfect for me, and she lived less than five miles from my home.

On July 4th, we were married and today I couldn't be happier. I'm an introvert who has trouble opening up and sometimes I'm even socially awkward. Which would sound weird to anyone who knows me but it's true in the beginning of any relationship I've always been a mess. So just walking up to women has never been my thing. I've done it but never been successful at it.

This site was a blessing. It gave me the venue to say what was on my mind to women I found suitable and the opportunity to get to know them before I actually met them. This is the best site I've ever used. And worth every penny!!!

ms310
7/27/16

They are over charging every time you renew your subscription. Sad, what a rip off!

micheller106
7/25/16

This site is useless. All you get is false interest messages with one sentence. Once replied to there is never a response. I think they fake the interests towards paying customers. I would never recommend this site.

camillet13
7/16/16

They advertise one price but when you give your credit card info you'll pay double that price with no receipt!

qweniquew
7/9/16

This site should check to see if people are married! This site as well as other dating sites promotes cheating! Terry L White is married!

jacks489
7/6/16

Be aware, they will send fake flirts and notifications just to get you to spend money to join this site.
Worst site on the internet. Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid are a lot better!!!

notc2
7/2/16

Ladies beware of Basketballcraz50.. He is a manipulator and a pathological liar. Will have you thinking that you're the crazy one and second guessing yourself...I've met nothing but men with problems on this site, please beware..save your money

ginar22
6/29/16

The worst site ever it's not worth the money or time just a lot of clutter from people who don't pay and don't read the profiles they will not let you say what you want in your profile and the men are old ugly horn dogs

30 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question