Review of BlackPeopleMeet

Dallas, TX 75225
Tel: 1-866-727-8920

angelal112
11/30/17

I've been on this site for about a year. As a Black female in the 40-60 age group is just down right hurtful, horrible, deceptive and disgusting.I have never in my life been so stressed up and depress from this site! I don't know why the FTC won't get involve and investigate this horrible site! You have men who put up fake profiles, indicating their divorce, seeking marriage or serious relationship when most of them are already MARRIED looking for a sidekick. Some claim to be bankers, loan officers, when they are car salesmen. They are abusive verbally and many have criminal records especially DUI and Domestic Violence. You got players on there in there 60s married trying to date 5-6 women at once that live nearby while also married. You got those that are in prison that have cell phones and they try to hook you for when they get out of prison they have a place to come. Most of these men have recently got out of failed marriages and are bitter. There're looking for one night stands, they do drugs and are alcoholics. It's a sad sight it's disgusting. If you find anyone who looks half way decent they do not live in your state and many have serious fake profiles. I have never in my life been so disappointed and hurt from the results. Fraud and Deceptive practices on this site needs to be reported to FTC for investigation because you are paying your money to find someone and none of them are trustworthy. Liars and practices emotional pain. This site either needs to clean up its act or be shut down! It causes more problems of sadness than happiness! You have to watch out for the Kevin Jenkins 61, looking for marriage, serious relationship out of Chandler, AZ who claims to have just relocated from Texas last 3 months! Big lie! Kevin Jenkins aka "Closer 56" name on BPM is very married of 21 years to Regina Jenkins, Real Estate Agent at Century 21 in Gilbert, AZ and yet he claims he's divorced so he can pull women on the side. Closer 56 claims to be a lot of things but he's a car salesman at Henry Brown GMC in Gilbert AZ and will try to manipulate you into getting a car. Once you meet him he's a charmer at first then he turns nasty on you and starts with emotional and verbal abuse and he really lives in Queen Creek w/wife. Been living in AZ for the past 5 years from TX and just watch out for him and his kind because if you don't you will be sorry after you find out you have been taken advantage of in the worse way! Ladies be cautious on this site these men are horrible! Take it from someone who has experience the evil side of online dating! Never think you are the ony one may one of 5-10 other women! Oh yes they light to ghost a lot and gaslight a lot very abusive men!

Tip for consumers: Be careful of the Kevin Jenkins out of Chandler AZ that goes by "Closer 56". You will be used. If you are not heavy drinker and smoke pot like he does you will not be the chosen one.

thomasc207
11/24/17

Not perfect but good. If u weren't lucky u may wanna use blacksingles4u highly recommend it. my opinion: u can't meet someone using one of those two sites u should really just go out and meet people in a bar. in that case online datin is just not for u. my opinion Those are the only 2 sites worth joining, forget the rest.

roseb112
11/20/17

I cancelled my account and they still continued to charge me and then told me I could not get a refund nor speak to a supervisor, scammers

ednag26
11/8/17

It shows that I viewed people who I have not. I can hide my profile and it shows how many people viewed it (how can they view a hidden profile). Good site but need to be honest. I have met friends which is a good thing but hope BPM will stop trying to make a sale by doing these sneaky inside jobs. I contact them but they are in denial.

kevg3
10/28/17

Joined for 30 days an all I find on there is a bunch of 2 dollar chicks trying to get fed a meal due to a past broken heart ..most send in 3-4 year old dated pics an some send neck up pics that don't show the bottom of there anatomy which generally means they are obese..please join eharmony my black brothers as caucasino woman await us on there an plenty of fish as I'm soooo done with these hood rat black woman that don't know there ass holes from there elbows..

katew74
10/12/17

I joined to meet black men, I continuously get hit on by white men. I joined to meet men, there's a bunch of boys sending flirts and picture likes, no confidence, just cowards. I made it clear in my profile not to send a bunch of likes and no flirts. I also stopped bpm from emailing me every time on of these cowards send a flirt or like and they removed me and won't refund me. Go to POF, at least it's free. BPM is a joke!!!

tym134
10/8/17

I joined and had a great experience... it auto-renewed, which kinda pissed me off (but it does tell you this in the terms).....but because it auto-renewed, I was contacted by a man that turned out to be more than I ever prayed for.....and is now my husband. But before him, I went out with some great guys, only met 1 looney toon and never experienced weird drama. My expectations were realistic, I was honest about who I was and I never rushed into anything. Worked great for me......best of luck to you all!!

sheliaj4
9/19/17

They say its free to brows right, i did for a minute so i decided to do the 1 month for 16.75. Afterwards i sstarte afterwards, all of a sudden men start hitting me up but i couldn't respond back. It would say upgrade to be able to read what they're saying. My thought was UPGRADE for what. If i wasnt going to be able to communicate why did i just pay 16.75. When just browsing is free. I called my debit card to check if they've taken the money and i got very upset to hear 2 payments pending. 1 for 16.75 and 1 for 3.99. What was the 3.99 for. So i called my bank and put a stop on it and now all i say is $#*! bpm because they are scammers and ppl yall need to call and put a block on them because they are slick and they will continue to take your money even after your time is up. They tried to take a extra 3.99 out of my account and for what

jackiey8
9/17/17

I'm not able to log into my renewed account but the payment is already paid . I've sent several messages. I'm frustrated I just want my money bac....

richardl195
9/15/17

Don't used this site they will not cancel you if are a membership they will charge you twice on your credit card I had to cancel my credit card and I had to dispute to get a refund back on my account do not be a membership on this site plus they used Indiana customer service even their Supervisor is from India claim they are here in Texas and they will not help you to cancel and they will charge you 99 dollars to deactivated your account I will notified BBB the best thing for this site is to get a prepaid card just enough they can only take certain amount on the card and transaction will not go through if they keep charging you or dispute it to get your refund back. I would rate them 0 not 1 they don't even deserve a 1

logank16
9/12/17

After my wife left me last year I've been trying to go out again, enjoying life as good as only possible, if you know what I mean. Been searching for a decent online dating site for black folks and came across BlackSingles4u, BlackPeopleMeet, BlackCupid, and BlackPlanet. Decided to create an account on all of them.

Both, BlackSingles4u and BlackPeopleMeet, are excellent. Been using both and can't be more happy. No, no new girl yet but getting there. Was not really happy using BlackCupid and BlackPlanet; don't know why though

ss161
9/9/17
• Updated review

My update is that the BBB could not settle this issue so I wrote to the DOJ of my home state via their website and waited several months and received nothing but a patronizing email when I specifically wanted answers as to why this withholding of my credit card info cannot be rectified since I am no longer a customer.

“Strong potential for credit card theft”
8/28/17
• Previous review

I have attempted to have this website remove my credit card info for a few months now and they refuse. Any reasonable and prudent person, and even the consumer groups recommend that you do not store any credit card info online and you should have the right to have it removed if you are no longer a customer! I had written to the BBB and to peoplemedia.com to no avail!!!
This website is part of the Peoplemedia.com network so please research the parent company when utilizing dating websites and BUYER BEWARE THEY HOLD YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO HOSTAGE FOR NO SENSIBLE REASON!

rachelb136
9/3/17

And they want to charge you to do almost everything, thus taking away from the full experience. My monthly payment should take care of what I need to do. For BPM to charge me additional to do basic things is ridiculous. And why when I receive a notification that someone message me, must I always log in to see the message; why can't the message itself come through my notification? This site/app, makes the user have to do way too much work for the high monthly fee we have to pay. Offer more for this fee and stop making the user have chase every notification. Visit some of the other dating websites and view their appearance and hey they operate when it comes to paid subscribers/notifications.

katiej41
9/1/17

The men on this site are trolling for sex and nothing else only took 10 days see how many weirdo are on this site. Signed up for 30 days and they charged me twice. Beware!

barbarab272
8/24/17

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!!! I NOTICE IT QUICK AND I TRIED TO CANCEL AND THEY KEPT MY MONEY. FOR ALL WE HAVE BEEN SCAM YOU ALL NEED TO CONTACT THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION TO FILE A COMPLAINT AND THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU IN DALLAS TEXAS LEAST THAT THE ADDRESS THEY ARE USING. THEN YOU ALL NEED TO CONTACT DALLAS TEXAS POLICE DEPARTMENT AND FILE A "SWINDLE FORM" ON THEY WEBSITE!!! SOMEBODY FROM THE COMPANY IS GOING TO JAIL!!! KEPT MY MONEY AND RIP ME OFF!!!!

johnnad1
8/19/17

This site is garbage . Also a rip off, I signes up for a "free membership" period which then became a 3 month subscription that my card is still being charged for. The "customer service" number is a fake number, and the actual site is below par. Many of the members are old white men looking for sugar babies or to engage in interracial sex. While the other members are the same from other sites like POF. I truly regret signing up over a year ago. I am forcedto get a new card bc I keep getting charged even though I canceled 8 months ago AFTER my subscription ended!

sammyb20
8/17/17

I asked the rep to cancel my acc after 1 month because I had no use for it they charged me over and over time again and no refund even after seeing I have not been on it for 7 months

valeriex
8/14/17

I would like to start a class action lawsuit against this site for the spam they do. They won't activate the cancel the automatic renewal button on your account. They think most people forget about it, which is what I did, and they kept debiting $29.95 out of my account each month. I think we should come together and let's figure this out. Please contact me at georgiaval1@yahoo.com

cassr2
8/14/17
• Updated review

Like I advised, before- use a prepaid card with limited funds so that they can't keep zapping your card after you have tried to stop subscription.

“protect your finances”
7/1/17
• Previous review

Use a prepaid card with limited funds on it, to prevent them from continuing renewals. I have been on this site for 3 years. Let it lapse for 6 months. Decided to try it again, this time, for only one month because I saw someone that I knew who had decent credentials. The site wiped out the profile that I had spent a considerable amount of time, creating over a year ago, only because they said that I had violated rules by my writing that I am able to read & respond to messages, again, because I have renewed. How is that a violation? Yet, there are sleaze bags on the site that they do not censor. Not going to bother to put together as extensive a profile that I had, before, because if they delete it, no big waste of my time. And, I always use a prepaid card and never my credit card or debit card, and I make sure I spend any excess on the card before they can take it. Nothing but losers and men with low self esteem on this site.

Tip for consumers: Only use a prepaid card with limited funds, to prevent their automatic renewals.

dm500
8/13/17

The sight is horrible!!!! Although I did meet my current partner on the sight 3 years ago I remember it being slim Pickens at the time with that said most men of the sight were just looking for sex after weeding threw all that I manage to find someone I could talk to who didn't just want to have sex who could hold a real conversation and who wanted to get to know me not my bra size

rosieh11
8/6/17

I was also on BPMeet off and on for 3 years,and each time my subscription expires I get a lot of e-mails. Now mine you when my subscription is valid I don't get any e-mails at all. That's what they want to keep you paying. The worst site there is.

joyf17
8/4/17

I have tried BPM twice and both times I have been disappointed! Not only are most of the men I saw there fat and not handsome, but they seem to be uneducated too. Also, I found their favorite topic of conversation to be about one thing and one thing only -SEX! For an attractive, well educated woman with a great deal to offer, I found BPM to be a waste of time, money and energy.

silvesters2
8/3/17

good dating site and absolutely no freakin' clue why everyone's so negative 'bout it.been a member for 3 months and had a few dates.site works fine.blacksingles4u is a good alternative if u havent been lucky on bpm.worth a try instead of $#*!in' around 'bout bpm.

peppip
8/1/17

It's a waste of money I wish I would have checked the reviews before I signed up!!! It's horrible the men are dam near asking for sex on the first conversation this online dating thing is a waste

walkerp10
7/31/17

Please refund my money. You require credit card number to reset password. No I do think it is going to happen., Refund Patricia_Walker7@sbcglobal.net Wil be contacting BBB

Contact black people meet. Tell them ur going to put a law suit against them for not checking this person out. Because they let them use ur picture. Without your permission.

By angie b.

DON'T DO IT YOU GOING TO REGRET IT.

By Gail S.

Yes it is legit but you do have to pay to send flirts and emails. However the quality of people on this site is really bad and you may run across several fake profiles set up by the BlackPeopleMeet representatives in an attempt to get you to renew your membership,I know I did. If you are seeking quality this is not the site and don't believe the commercial and all the hype. Please look someplace. You'll be glad you did. Good Luck in your search.

By Val S.

These processing fees are monies the companies try to recoup. Usually the credit card companies charge a fee to the company that accepts the credit/debit card for payment. The credit card company charges a percentage of the payment. Now the company that submit charge may tell you about the resources needed to process the charge (computer time, human capital, overhead, etc.) but that is already allocated in the original charge. They don't mind taking money from you, but let someone charge them a fee and they come back too you.

By Sally H.

You won't get your money back, I signed up for three months, I ended my membership in March before the due date in May 23 and they took my money any way, when I called and asked about it they said I didn't put in my cancellation in time, so they didn't give my money back either. They are so rude when come to refunds

By Amy c.

First let me state that I am not a therapist nor anyone of the learned field of psychology. I have no insight to the issue. We have to realize that meeting people on these social sights we cannot be aware of their emotional state nor what of how, if anything we say or do will impact them. If you feel you have been unjustly characterized, I would say that you be the bigger person and publicly (in writing on the same site) apologize. I know you may feel you did nothing to deserve this and it may be true. I know you are concerned about the negative connotation this may associate to you, but sometimes we have to swallow the little things to move on to bigger things. Yes some may read and have a negative impression of you, but we don’t know both sides of the issue and mature intelligent people will be able to see that. After all, some may read your apology and see you in a different light. Just note that you did not intentionally wanted to leave the association in a negative manner, if it seemed as such, you sincerely apologize. There is no need to list the names of the individuals or write/contact the individual personally who are involved involved, for it is none of our business. Drop the issue, move on. It is only in big business during a hostile takeover that people’s lives are ruined. People read these and move on to the next day. Yes, get a new telephone number. Letting someone know of criminal activity of a person is if true is a safety and security issue to those on these social sites. Dehumanizing a person should not what we should be about doing. So good luck and keep moving on.

By Sally H.

No. Too many smokers, men who have 10 kids and never married the mothers, no education, some are too pushy and want your personal phone number right away, and some are downright crazy. Be careful.

By Cass R.

agreed! with jeff - better choice for me - AfroRomance plan to keep my sub. there. or the FREE mingle2 just my thoughts.

By JaKE S.

You should post current photo's. If you meet someone,they will have to look at you so don't lie. Post fairly recent photo's.. 20 year old photos just don't get it.

By Sally H.
Questions? Get answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

11 Photos for BlackPeopleMeet