Review of ABC Gift Cards

Tel: 1-800-364-0488
support@abcgiftcards.com

alanl73
8/11/17

Stay away!!! I tried 3 times to purchase gift cards from ABC Gift Cards and each time my order was cancelled immediately after my order was confirmed. I opened ticket #300070 to find out why my order was flagged by their fraud systems as high risk. I've used the same credit card to purchase 2 other gift cards from CardCookie and Cardpool with no problem. Obviously there isn't a fraud issue going on, but they refuse to investigate it. Alan Leopold

ajm27
7/21/17

First time I used them the card was a fraud. Invalid and $0.00 left. Didn't see these reviews until later..........FRAUD

dough58
7/17/17

Please ! Dont waste Your money: Although s complete fraud it will take a lot of Your time and likely more thsn You have invested in legal fees!
They are already rock bottom in BBB ratings- Check Your State Atyorney General to see if You have an actative statute that prohibits the devaluation of a gift card : Minnesota does but too busy with cops shooting people at the moment!

Tip for consumers: A complete rip off !

mellodyj
7/11/17

THEY ARE SCAMMERS!! DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR INFORMATION AND SELL IT. THEY TOOK MY INFO TO SELL IT.

kristino6
6/29/17

I sold 8 shoe carnival cards mailed them to them and got paid a lil late but got paid cpl mos later sold them 5 cards totaling a payment of $800 however when it came time to pay got a payment of only $175,when i called them they said there was a problem with the cards i sold them a cpl mos ago.Now that wouldve been impossible,the pin numbers werent even scratched off so i went ahead n checked the transaction history on the cards they claimed had zero balances had been used the same day they recieved the cards i knew that because i had them delivered to be "signed for only"when i related to them this info they hung up on me how unproffesional these ppl are.

bobm230
6/15/17

ABC Gift Card is knowingly obtaining gift cards that have been purchased with stolen credit cards and from other countries via scams. Anyone that has had problems with this company, needs to file a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Department at https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

This is the only way to put an end to this site and to stop these crooks.

wayneh60
6/14/17

I HAD 2 CARDS NOT MUCH OVER OVER 45 DAYS THAT WERE $0 BALANCE AND THEY WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING. I PRAY FOR THEIR RAPID DEMISE AND G-D IS WATCHING!

andyc107
6/5/17

I purchased Elephant Bar gift card from ABC gift card, but when I tried to use it in the restaurant, she said the card has no value.

screwa
6/1/17

They sold u those defraud cards then once you realize, they will TRY THEIR BEST NOT TO REFUND YOU! Stay away just as doing yourself a favor

cathyg30
5/2/17

Last month, I bought a $500 gift card and upon trying to use it, it had already been redeemed. The next $500 gift card for the same merchant was already used. Don't you think ABC would check the balance of the remaining cards? No, I received one more $500 gift card for the same merchant that had already been used. Very poor service. They are intentionally trying to steal your money.

sandram162
4/20/17

Buyer beware. ABC will not make customers whole when the gift cards they purchase have a zero balance. They will not refund you the money, give you a credit or contact the criminals with whom they so business. Do NOT BUY from them.

shenequah
4/6/17

Bought a gift card from ABC Gift Cards/Card Cash. When I tried to use it there was no money on it. They would not honor my claim because it was beyond their 45 day guarantee. Never will I buy anything from them again and my advice would be that no one should unless you want to lose your money.

josephinep5
4/6/17

I emailed and called ABC customer service at 1-800-346-0488 about a gift card that I was about to place but no answer. I'm so grateful for this review website, otherwise, I would be another victim of their scam.

jw166
3/18/17

I have ordered 100's of gift cards online. I placed an order with this company for a measly $50.00 Cracker Barrel card. It got flagged as potential "fraud". Seriously? How many thieves are going to Cracker Barrel these days with a gift card from this place??? My credit score is over 800, and fraudulent does not match my character one bit.

I e-mailed twice about the "why" of all of it, and received no valid response. In reading some other reviews? I suppose it worked out for the best....for me.

loris210
2/16/17

I would not do business with these people. They sold me 2 invalid cards yesterday and couldn't process my claim when I called customer service - so to keep from losing my item I was trying to buy (on sale for the day only) - I decided to buy additional cards in order to make my purchase. I had to purchase 5 cards in order to make it happen - so obviously their quality control is very messed up and you will lose any money that you've paid for a card that's invalid unless you discover within their paltry 45 day guarantee. Go to Cardpool or Raise and you will get better quality and a longer guarantee.

daviss17
2/13/17

This company sold me a stolen card. When I presented it to the restaurant I had to show them proof of purchase so that they didn't call the police.

laurah162
1/27/17

As a consumer, it's my job to know how long a guarantee lasts, but they could have responded just a wee-bit nicer when I politely asked for help after my card was compromised (word-for-word first response with only the name blacked out):

"Please be advised that we have received this claim beyond our 45 day buyer protection period.

CardCash is a gift card marketplace where millions of sellers can sell their unwanted pre-owned gift cards at a discount. CardCash checks the balance at the time of the listing. Statistically only a very small percentage of our cards have issues where the seller used the gift card or it got canceled after we have checked the balance at the time of the listing. The percentages are kept very low because of all the proprietary fraud technology and KYC measures CardCash has working behind the scenes.

Buying from any Marketplace involves the classical Risk vs Reward decision. Consumers shopping on a marketplace can save up to 35% but will at times receive cards that are invalid or have a balance discrepancy. This is not something we can control. However, in order to make our customers feel a bit more comfortable we offer a 45 day buyer protection guarantee. CardCash encourages all of its customers to use the cards within that time period and if they encounter an issue to immediately let us know.

We also require that all claims to be submitted to us within that 45 day period as that increases the probability of reaching the original seller and receiving a refund from him or her. In such situations, if CardCash cannot recoup the funds from the original seller it will take the loss as part of its guarantee and issue a refund to the customer. For claims submitted beyond the 45 day period, CardCash will still attempt to request a refund from the original seller but if unsuccessful , CardCash cannot absorb any additional liability and is very clear about this policy all over the website.

In your situation, we were unfortunately unsuccessful in recouping funds from the original seller and cannot offer any refunds for this order since it is beyond the 45 day period.

The 45 day buyer protection guarantee is clearly posted on the sidebar of our website. See for example https://www.cardcash.com/buy-gift-cards in addition it is clearly stipulated in the terms and conditions of the site, which customers accept prior to using our site and making a purchase.

For more information about our 45 day guarantee please see here https://www.cardcash.com/guarantee/ .

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, however at CardCash we firmly believe we took the appropriate steps to alert the customers of our 45 day buyer protection period.

Best Regards,
S******
Claims Specialist
CardCash/ABC Gift Cards.com"

gordons46
1/9/17

Use your purchased card(s) within their 45 day guarantee or else you're out of luck. I purchase gift cards to have on hand when I need them and often don't use their entire balance within 45 days of purchase. I purchased a $25 Dunkin Donuts card and learned it was deactivated when I tried to use it. I called Dunkin Donuts and they told me it was deactivated because it was a fraudulent card. I had a similar experience with a $25 Subway card I purchased. It also was deactivated due to being fraudulently obtained. I could not get a refund or credit from ABC Gift Cards or their sister company, Card Cash.

dorothyn14
12/20/16

I called in to see about my order number to ABC, and had a very nice lady answer the phone. She promised me I would get my two gift cards by 1:17 PM. I called back at 1:45 PM talked to the same woman. I got a run around she gave me an option to cancel my order. I told her I was wanting the gift cards that had already been processed with Paypal. I then went out on line and looked at the reviews. After reading several of these reviews I see a pattern here. I called back and cancelled the order and told the gentleman that I wasn't happy about the lying and I would make sure that people knew about my experience.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THEM.

naomio4
12/15/16

On 9/28/16 I sold two giftcards to ABC Giftcards. I sold a $100 Safeway grocery store gift card and a $100 Chipotle giftcard. ABC Giftcards said they will give me $92 for the Safeway gift card and $72 for the Chipotle gift card. In total, I was to receive $164.

The order number for this transaction is #1179191

ABC Giftcards received my gift cards on 10/7/16 and I received the $164 on 10/11/16 without any issues.

The giftcard ID for the Chipotle gift card is 6111223128822090. When you put the Chiptole gift card ID number into Chiptole's gift card balance webpage, it says the gift card started being used on 10/11/16.

The ID number for the Chiptole gift card I sold: 6111223128822090

Chiptole's Gift Card balance website: https://chipotle.com/gift-cards-frame?id=cmg.bi

On 12/1/16, I placed another order with ABC Gift Cards. I wanted to sell another Safeway gift card. This gift card had a balance of $98.30. ABC Gift Cards said that they will pay me $90.44 for the gift card.

The order number for the 12/1/16 transaction is 1204760.

On 12/12/16, ABC Gift Cards received the $98.30 Safeway gift card. On 12/13/16, ABC Giftcards paid me $18.44 instead of the promised $90.44.

When I contacted them several times during the week of 12/13/16, the representatives said that I was paid $18.44 instead of $90.44 because they said Chiptole gift card I previously sent was used. This is impossible on my end because Chipotle.com says the gift card started being used a week after I sent them the gift card.

I asked to speak with the manager on 12/15/16. The representative said that the manager is not taking any calls. I told the representative that I did not care and to transfer me to the manager. The manager's phone immediately went to voicemail. I recalled ABC Giftcards and told them to transfer me again to their manager. Once again, after I was transferred, the manager's phone immediately went to voicemail.

ABC Giftcards is fraudulent. According to other complaints from other gift card sellers, they are known for using the gift cards receive and pretending that the seller used them prior to sending them to ABC Gift Cards.

To resolve this, I would like to receive my full payment amount : $90.44.

Once again, ABC Gift Cards is saying that I used the Chipotle gift card I sold them. This is untrue because:

1. ABC Gift Card received the Chipotle gift card on 10/7/16
2. The Chipotle gift card, according to Chipotle's gift card balance website, started being used on 10/11/16.

The ID number for the Chipotle gift card: 6111223128822090

Chipotle's gift card balance website: https://chipotle.com/gift-cards-frame?id=cmg.bi

Tip for consumers: Do not buy or sell gift cards with this company.

People who have bought from them have complained of receiving used/empty gift cards. This is why- their employees use the gift cards that they receive from sellers (like myself), thus ripping of the people who give them the gift cards and the people who buy the gift cards looking for a discount.

omere3
12/14/16

They are selling the gift cards had been purchased by stolen credit cards. So when you go to shopping with their gift cards, you might end up getting nothing and loss of your money. Their excuse is the fine print.So they are basically, cashing out for scammers. I have no idea how they are still in business with this all illegal activities.

pamelas109
9/29/16

I bought these cards to give as gifts, and my friend told me that their card didn't work when they tried to use them. How embarrassing! ABC is in the process of giving me a refund, but I'll definitely be verifying that it posts to my account. I will not be using them again, and instead using another site. Very unhappy!

jackiep32
9/14/16

i recently bought a $200 gift card to petsmart from this site for about $160 and it worked great!! i would be cautious and check if it works before their 45 day guarantee ends though just in case. in my case my card arrived on time, in good condition, and worked as expected. thanks abc gift cards!!! :D

nancyw104
8/31/16

I purchased a Costco gift card. Tried to use and it had $0 on it. A total hassle and run around trying to get my refund. It's been a week and still no refund!
Deplorable customer service!

toml117
8/20/16

I HAVE SOLD SEVERAL GIFT CARDS TO THEM, SOME i MAILED IN, AND SOME I DID ON LINE TO GET PAID LESS , BUT PAID FASTER. NEVER ANY PROBLEMS I GOT MY CHECK IN THE MAIL IN ABOUT 9 DAYS AND THE DIRECT DEPOSITS IN ABOUT 6 DAYS . THIS COMPANY I GREAT !!!!

Helpful answer

Hi Gary, Sorry about that! Please send an email to claims@abcgiftcards.com and it will be dealt with in 1-5 business days. Thank you!

By Gabby K. [ABC Gift Cards Rep] on 5/11/16
Helpful answer

how did it go? You can tell me I want to do the same but I'm not sure if it's reliable

By jose p. on 11/24/15
Helpful answer

I will not ever use them again. Horrible experience!

By Hydee G. on 10/15/15
Helpful answer

Can somebody check this site??

By Joseph J. on 10/16/12

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the ABC Gift Cards staff and other customers.

ABC Gift Cards?