US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

gordons46
1/9/17

Use your purchased card(s) within their 45 day guarantee or else you're out of luck. I purchase gift cards to have on hand when I need them and often don't use their entire balance within 45 days of purchase. I purchased a $25 Dunkin Donuts card and learned it was deactivated when I tried to use it. I called Dunkin Donuts and they told me it was deactivated because it was a fraudulent card. I had a similar experience with a $25 Subway card I purchased. It also was deactivated due to being fraudulently obtained. I could not get a refund or credit from ABC Gift Cards or their sister company, Card Cash.

dorothyn14
12/20/16

I called in to see about my order number to ABC, and had a very nice lady answer the phone. She promised me I would get my two gift cards by 1:17 PM. I called back at 1:45 PM talked to the same woman. I got a run around she gave me an option to cancel my order. I told her I was wanting the gift cards that had already been processed with Paypal. I then went out on line and looked at the reviews. After reading several of these reviews I see a pattern here. I called back and cancelled the order and told the gentleman that I wasn't happy about the lying and I would make sure that people knew about my experience.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THEM.

naomio4
12/15/16

On 9/28/16 I sold two giftcards to ABC Giftcards. I sold a $100 Safeway grocery store gift card and a $100 Chipotle giftcard. ABC Giftcards said they will give me $92 for the Safeway gift card and $72 for the Chipotle gift card. In total, I was to receive $164.

The order number for this transaction is #1179191

ABC Giftcards received my gift cards on 10/7/16 and I received the $164 on 10/11/16 without any issues.

The giftcard ID for the Chipotle gift card is 6111223128822090. When you put the Chiptole gift card ID number into Chiptole's gift card balance webpage, it says the gift card started being used on 10/11/16.

The ID number for the Chiptole gift card I sold: 6111223128822090

Chiptole's Gift Card balance website: https://chipotle.com/gift-cards-frame?id=cmg.bi

On 12/1/16, I placed another order with ABC Gift Cards. I wanted to sell another Safeway gift card. This gift card had a balance of $98.30. ABC Gift Cards said that they will pay me $90.44 for the gift card.

The order number for the 12/1/16 transaction is 1204760.

On 12/12/16, ABC Gift Cards received the $98.30 Safeway gift card. On 12/13/16, ABC Giftcards paid me $18.44 instead of the promised $90.44.

When I contacted them several times during the week of 12/13/16, the representatives said that I was paid $18.44 instead of $90.44 because they said Chiptole gift card I previously sent was used. This is impossible on my end because Chipotle.com says the gift card started being used a week after I sent them the gift card.

I asked to speak with the manager on 12/15/16. The representative said that the manager is not taking any calls. I told the representative that I did not care and to transfer me to the manager. The manager's phone immediately went to voicemail. I recalled ABC Giftcards and told them to transfer me again to their manager. Once again, after I was transferred, the manager's phone immediately went to voicemail.

ABC Giftcards is fraudulent. According to other complaints from other gift card sellers, they are known for using the gift cards receive and pretending that the seller used them prior to sending them to ABC Gift Cards.

To resolve this, I would like to receive my full payment amount : $90.44.

Once again, ABC Gift Cards is saying that I used the Chipotle gift card I sold them. This is untrue because:

1. ABC Gift Card received the Chipotle gift card on 10/7/16
2. The Chipotle gift card, according to Chipotle's gift card balance website, started being used on 10/11/16.

The ID number for the Chipotle gift card: 6111223128822090

Chipotle's gift card balance website: https://chipotle.com/gift-cards-frame?id=cmg.bi

Tip for consumers: Do not buy or sell gift cards with this company. People who have bought from them have complained of receiving used/empty gift cards. This is why- their employees use the gift cards that they receive from sellers (like myself), thus ripping of the people who give them the gift cards and the people who buy the gift cards looking for a discount.

omere3
12/14/16

They are selling the gift cards had been purchased by stolen credit cards. So when you go to shopping with their gift cards, you might end up getting nothing and loss of your money. Their excuse is the fine print.So they are basically, cashing out for scammers. I have no idea how they are still in business with this all illegal activities.

pamelas109
9/29/16

I bought these cards to give as gifts, and my friend told me that their card didn't work when they tried to use them. How embarrassing! ABC is in the process of giving me a refund, but I'll definitely be verifying that it posts to my account. I will not be using them again, and instead using another site. Very unhappy!

jackiep32
9/14/16

i recently bought a $200 gift card to petsmart from this site for about $160 and it worked great!! i would be cautious and check if it works before their 45 day guarantee ends though just in case. in my case my card arrived on time, in good condition, and worked as expected. thanks abc gift cards!!! :D

nancyw104
8/31/16

I purchased a Costco gift card. Tried to use and it had $0 on it. A total hassle and run around trying to get my refund. It's been a week and still no refund!
Deplorable customer service!

toml117
8/20/16

I HAVE SOLD SEVERAL GIFT CARDS TO THEM, SOME i MAILED IN, AND SOME I DID ON LINE TO GET PAID LESS , BUT PAID FASTER. NEVER ANY PROBLEMS I GOT MY CHECK IN THE MAIL IN ABOUT 9 DAYS AND THE DIRECT DEPOSITS IN ABOUT 6 DAYS . THIS COMPANY I GREAT !!!!

drp14
8/15/16

There are many many reviews that explain how often ABC (also known as CARDCASH) sells worthless gift cards. I bought from them and didn't have a problem until buying a Lowes merchandise credit. Their shipping is very slow in general so the Lowes card arrived after I had already purchaed what I needed at full price. I saved it. When I went to spend it, I was told it had been used at store 1802, THREE MONTHS BEFORE It was SOLD TO ME (spent October 2015, bought from ABC in January 2016). Nice. I contacted the company & was told their 45 guarantee is stated clearly on their website, they have millions of gift cards so...tough. This is the hottest guarantee of any of the card sites, btw. Nice. Thanks for passing your losses on to the customer. Also stated clearly on their website is how they have 3 layers of fraud protection which is obviously bull. So, in one transaction, all the money I have ever saved buying discount cards was stolen by ABC./CARDCASH. It is not worth ever doing business with them again. You have been warned.

cathyb44
8/10/16

I purchased a gift card in March and when I got it I checked my balance and it was $100.00. About 2 weeks ago I had some bad gift certificates (from another company) and in the process I found out that people are selling their certificates and then after they are sold they dispute the charge. That's why so many of the cards are giving $0 balances. Once I discovered this I checked all of my gift cards and turned up 2 more bad certificates. The one I had purchased over a year ago but when I contacted that company--without question and without hassle--they refunded the money. When I contacted ABC I got nothing but a runaway. They said I contacted them after the 45 days (which is true) but they told me that they tried to contact the seller and can't get the money back so I'm out of my money. However, I contacted the gift card place and found out that the certificate is still in dispute and technically ABC still has the money for that certificate. So, they have MY money and I have a worthless card but they are REFUSING to refund the money. To me this constitutes fraud. Had they been out of the money that would be a different situation but they are not of the money. Besides, when a person checks his or her certificate and finds that the amount is correct and that the card never expires, who would even expect to find that the card BECOMES worthless? They really need to WARN the buyer about this possibility. PLEASE keep checking your cards (perhaps every week or two) so that if a discrepancy occurs you can contact the company AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

They brag that they have all these levels of fraud security and that an invalid card is rare--but it doesn't sound rare by all of these reviews. My suggestion is that you buy your cards from Raise.com or giftcardzen.com where you have longer protection periods and where there's no hassle (at least not for me) when a refund is requested. I've had about 20 bad certificates from Raise.com but they have refunded me for EVERY card I reported. Service like this will keep me coming back to them but I don't ever want to buy another card from ABC.

lianek
7/21/16

I requested a refund from abcgiftcards.com . I was out of the country and could not go to the retailer that the card was for. I contacted the merchant and giftcard. Was told that the card was not verifiable because the merchant was having technical difficulty and was not able to verify the amt. I tried calling back 5 times on different days, and the site was still down. As far as i'm concerned my gift card is invalid and I have lost my money! Bad business.

jh118
6/21/16

I CHECKED THE BALANCE ON MY PANERA GIFT CARD (at https://www.paneracards.com/checkbalance.aspx) SOON AFTER I RECEIVED IT FROM ABC GIFT CARDS, AND CONFIRMED THAT ITS VALUE WAS $90.94. HOWEVER, WHEN I TRIED TO USE IT FOR THE FIRST TIME (AFTER ABOUT 1.5 MONTHS), THE CASHIER AT THE PANERA IN RESTON, VA SAID ITS BALANCE WAS ZERO. (THIS MADE ME ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED!)
ABC GIFT CARDS RELUCTANTLY SAID THEY WOULD REFUND MY PURCHASE PRICE AND PROMISED TO COMPENSATE ME WITH A WEBSITE CREDIT FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED THE REFUND, AND NOW THEY SAY, SORRY, NO WEBSITE CREDIT. WORST GIFT CARD COMPANY EVER!

mb161
6/10/16

ABC/CardCash Gift Cards
Order# 1096384
Date Action Value
12/18/15 Bought 24 $50.00 $1,200.00
Walmart Gift Cards
1/24/16 Registered telephone complaint -
cards not accepted by merchant
1/24/15 - Registered several telephone complaints
5/3/16 Email to ABC detailing problem
5/5/16 Email to ABC detailing problem
5/6/16 Email to ABC detailing problem
5/9/16 Suggestion to ABC for resolution

ABC/CashCard has declared this issue closed
Final resolution denied.

Tip for consumers: Do not buy ABC Gift Cards or CardCash Gift Cards.

jasonc128
4/7/16

First of all, when I filled this out it said "E Gift Card" that I was exchanging so I figured that's what was happening. No mention of shipping until after I completed the transaction. It asked for all of the information and then I went to fedex and paid ten dollars to ship it. Upon arrival, it took them days to just email me that it was "flagged by their system as high risk"
And sent back. I called them to see what the heck this was about, they couldn't tell me anything said they will email me within 24 hours. I told the gentlemen no, call me I want someone to explain to me WHY this is high risk, and if so, why didn't your system pick up on that before I paid to ship it!? No call. Ever. Poor response to emails and no explanation ever.

What's worse is I had a TV I was going to buy with the gift card, and since it took them so long to send it back, Best Buy (my card) sold them out they were an old model special. Now, I will have to pay another $1000 for the same TV (not doing it now).

These company is garbage, there is no nice way to put it.

moya6
2/19/16

I purchased three gift cards paid via paypal, less than a minute later I received a email said that my order is canceled without any reasons . After weeks and weeks they never release my funds in paypal. They literally stole my money. Stay away from this company.

sophiak12
1/19/16

I bought 4 Pier 1 gift cards (total amount paid $641.56). Per the "tracking number" they provided it said that it was delivered 12/9/15. But when I came back from vacation there was nothing in my mailbox. I emailed them requesting that they honor their "45 day guarantee," and when I finally heard back from them (2 weeks later), they said that there's nothing they can do. These people are a bunch of thieves! Pleaseeeee do NOT trust them. Dishonest and worst customer service ever.

edb46
1/13/16

Sold a gift card to them. Sent it in. Two weeks later- no cash deposit. Called them and all they could tell me is that they had no information about why I didn't receive my payment. Asked for my card to be sent back. They said Ok. Still waiting. So - no card and no cash. It's just like being robbed!!

hydeeg
10/12/15

I purchased almost $100 in gift cards from ABC gift cards. It's 13 days later................. no gift cards and their "customer service" phone line says "so sorry were not open right now". This is the first - and last - time I will ever buy from this website. At this point I just want my money back............... but so far I haven't been able to get ahold of a human to make that happen. I have purchased from other websites, and never had this problem.

jana65
7/27/14

They Quickly Mail Your Check For Correct Amount And Prompt Payment.

zalm3
8/28/13

DON'T USE THESE GUYS. abcgiftcards.com buys used gift cards with balances from people, and sells them for a discount to other folks. I bought 2 Cabela's gift cards - a $70 & $80 card. I received them promptly in the mail and immediately went to Cabela's site to confirm the cards balances. They had both been used and redeemed and carried zero balances. MY MAIN POINT IS: WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS SELLING USED GIFT CARDS IS SO UNSOPHISTICATED AS TO NOT CHECK A CARD(S) BALANCE JUST PRIOR TO MAILING IT? The answer escapes me. Anyway, I contacted them promptly and filed a claim with them. Their warranty / guarantee is only 45 days from purchase, so it is best to act immediately. I had to go their cardcash.com site to be able to contact them via email. Their abcgiftcard.com site had no contact page. I will give them that their claims service was good. Within days they acknowledged my email, kept me updated to the progress, and credited my money with 5 or 6 days of filing. WHY SHOULD A PERSON EVEN HAVE TO EXPERIENCE THIS FRUSTRATION IN THE FIRST PLACE? Again, the answer escapes me.

jent15
4/23/13

This website is AWESOME!!! Want to buy a gift card, but don't have a lot of cash? BUY every type of gift card imaginable at up to 30% discount! Do you have gift cards but would rather have cash? SELL it to abcgiftcards.com! Got gift cards for stores you don't really shop at? TRADE them in for gift cards to the stores you want! All transactions are guaranteed! Payment methods accepted are credit card and PayPal.

My teenage daughter was doing really well in school, so I decided to reward her with a mini shopping spree. Purchased several gift cards for Subway, AMC Theaters, Hot Topic, Charlotte Russe and Wet Seal. Total value = $150 Price I paid = $100 My daughter walking around the mall like a BOSS = Priceless :-)

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ABC Gift Cards staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Answer
gabbyk1
Gabby K. [ABC Gift Cards Rep]
A: Hi Gary,

Sorry about that! Please send an email to claims@abcgiftcards.com and it will be dealt with in 1-5 business days.

Thank you!