Review of ABC Gift Cards

Tel: 1-800-364-0488
support@abcgiftcards.com

bettym56
9/13/17

Please use great caution when purchasing discount gift cards from them. While they seem to have the "best" deals; there is a reason for that. Many, too many of their cards are stolen and will not work. I'd rather pay the extra 1% and use a reputable company.

chikok
9/13/17

I bought 2 cards and right after I ordered, I found my mistake and requested cancellation. But the company ignored and shipped it and said no refund. I recommend not buying any gift cards from this company due to avoid any further troubles .

tabithah14
9/12/17

I bought 2 gift cards from this online company. One valued at $50 for Panera and one valued at $100 for francesca's. They were both gifts. Both people who received the gift said that once they used them for the first time the balance was zero. They credited me back what I paid for the $100 card but not the $50 card because it was outside of the 90 days. This is BS! I have bought several gift cards from other companies and never had an issue. I will never buy from them again and I will be sure to share how awful this company is with social media and my friends/family.

eddiem59
9/1/17

Be aware with restaurant gift cards

Be aware of purchasing restaurant gift cards from Abcgiftcards. So far 3 of my cards have been declined in resaturants. 2 of which i can't Get refund because your are force to use them in 45 days. So bot worth buying a good deal. I purchased one right before we sat to eat and guess what yes it was declined. I use 4 different site for gift cards and will continue to use the other 3. Not once did i have a problem with. Abcgiftcards are crooks

victori1117
8/31/17

After the 90 days guarantee the money can disappear from the gift card, like it happened to me. The card was cancelled by the original owner and the money taken. ABC answer: "Buying from any Marketplace involves the classical Risk vs Reward decision". No refund or replacement for the lost money.
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

johnm1148
8/30/17

Charged twice for one card ordered - refused refund for second charge. Customer service was also not courteous or helpful

jayv32
8/27/17

Worst ever. Never use them. They give you stolen cards and very embarrassing when you are at the store.

alanl73
8/11/17

Stay away!!! I tried 3 times to purchase gift cards from ABC Gift Cards and each time my order was cancelled immediately after my order was confirmed. I opened ticket #300070 to find out why my order was flagged by their fraud systems as high risk. I've used the same credit card to purchase 2 other gift cards from CardCookie and Cardpool with no problem. Obviously there isn't a fraud issue going on, but they refuse to investigate it. Alan Leopold

ajm27
7/21/17

First time I used them the card was a fraud. Invalid and $0.00 left. Didn't see these reviews until later..........FRAUD

dough58
7/17/17

Please ! Dont waste Your money: Although s complete fraud it will take a lot of Your time and likely more thsn You have invested in legal fees!
They are already rock bottom in BBB ratings- Check Your State Atyorney General to see if You have an actative statute that prohibits the devaluation of a gift card : Minnesota does but too busy with cops shooting people at the moment!

Tip for consumers: A complete rip off !

mellodyj
7/11/17

THEY ARE SCAMMERS!! DO NOT USE THEM. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR INFORMATION AND SELL IT. THEY TOOK MY INFO TO SELL IT.

kristino6
6/29/17

I sold 8 shoe carnival cards mailed them to them and got paid a lil late but got paid cpl mos later sold them 5 cards totaling a payment of $800 however when it came time to pay got a payment of only $175,when i called them they said there was a problem with the cards i sold them a cpl mos ago.Now that wouldve been impossible,the pin numbers werent even scratched off so i went ahead n checked the transaction history on the cards they claimed had zero balances had been used the same day they recieved the cards i knew that because i had them delivered to be "signed for only"when i related to them this info they hung up on me how unproffesional these ppl are.

bobm230
6/15/17

ABC Gift Card is knowingly obtaining gift cards that have been purchased with stolen credit cards and from other countries via scams. Anyone that has had problems with this company, needs to file a complaint with the FBI Internet Fraud Department at https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

This is the only way to put an end to this site and to stop these crooks.

wayneh60
6/14/17

I HAD 2 CARDS NOT MUCH OVER OVER 45 DAYS THAT WERE $0 BALANCE AND THEY WOULD NOT DO ANYTHING. I PRAY FOR THEIR RAPID DEMISE AND G-D IS WATCHING!

andyc107
6/5/17

I purchased Elephant Bar gift card from ABC gift card, but when I tried to use it in the restaurant, she said the card has no value.

screwa
6/1/17

They sold u those defraud cards then once you realize, they will TRY THEIR BEST NOT TO REFUND YOU! Stay away just as doing yourself a favor

cathyg30
5/2/17

Last month, I bought a $500 gift card and upon trying to use it, it had already been redeemed. The next $500 gift card for the same merchant was already used. Don't you think ABC would check the balance of the remaining cards? No, I received one more $500 gift card for the same merchant that had already been used. Very poor service. They are intentionally trying to steal your money.

sandram162
4/20/17

Buyer beware. ABC will not make customers whole when the gift cards they purchase have a zero balance. They will not refund you the money, give you a credit or contact the criminals with whom they so business. Do NOT BUY from them.

shenequah
4/6/17

Bought a gift card from ABC Gift Cards/Card Cash. When I tried to use it there was no money on it. They would not honor my claim because it was beyond their 45 day guarantee. Never will I buy anything from them again and my advice would be that no one should unless you want to lose your money.

josephinep5
4/6/17

I emailed and called ABC customer service at 1-800-346-0488 about a gift card that I was about to place but no answer. I'm so grateful for this review website, otherwise, I would be another victim of their scam.

jw166
3/18/17

I have ordered 100's of gift cards online. I placed an order with this company for a measly $50.00 Cracker Barrel card. It got flagged as potential "fraud". Seriously? How many thieves are going to Cracker Barrel these days with a gift card from this place??? My credit score is over 800, and fraudulent does not match my character one bit.

I e-mailed twice about the "why" of all of it, and received no valid response. In reading some other reviews? I suppose it worked out for the best....for me.

loris210
2/16/17

I would not do business with these people. They sold me 2 invalid cards yesterday and couldn't process my claim when I called customer service - so to keep from losing my item I was trying to buy (on sale for the day only) - I decided to buy additional cards in order to make my purchase. I had to purchase 5 cards in order to make it happen - so obviously their quality control is very messed up and you will lose any money that you've paid for a card that's invalid unless you discover within their paltry 45 day guarantee. Go to Cardpool or Raise and you will get better quality and a longer guarantee.

daviss17
2/13/17

This company sold me a stolen card. When I presented it to the restaurant I had to show them proof of purchase so that they didn't call the police.

laurah162
1/27/17

As a consumer, it's my job to know how long a guarantee lasts, but they could have responded just a wee-bit nicer when I politely asked for help after my card was compromised (word-for-word first response with only the name blacked out):

"Please be advised that we have received this claim beyond our 45 day buyer protection period.

CardCash is a gift card marketplace where millions of sellers can sell their unwanted pre-owned gift cards at a discount. CardCash checks the balance at the time of the listing. Statistically only a very small percentage of our cards have issues where the seller used the gift card or it got canceled after we have checked the balance at the time of the listing. The percentages are kept very low because of all the proprietary fraud technology and KYC measures CardCash has working behind the scenes.

Buying from any Marketplace involves the classical Risk vs Reward decision. Consumers shopping on a marketplace can save up to 35% but will at times receive cards that are invalid or have a balance discrepancy. This is not something we can control. However, in order to make our customers feel a bit more comfortable we offer a 45 day buyer protection guarantee. CardCash encourages all of its customers to use the cards within that time period and if they encounter an issue to immediately let us know.

We also require that all claims to be submitted to us within that 45 day period as that increases the probability of reaching the original seller and receiving a refund from him or her. In such situations, if CardCash cannot recoup the funds from the original seller it will take the loss as part of its guarantee and issue a refund to the customer. For claims submitted beyond the 45 day period, CardCash will still attempt to request a refund from the original seller but if unsuccessful , CardCash cannot absorb any additional liability and is very clear about this policy all over the website.

In your situation, we were unfortunately unsuccessful in recouping funds from the original seller and cannot offer any refunds for this order since it is beyond the 45 day period.

The 45 day buyer protection guarantee is clearly posted on the sidebar of our website. See for example https://www.cardcash.com/buy-gift-cards in addition it is clearly stipulated in the terms and conditions of the site, which customers accept prior to using our site and making a purchase.

For more information about our 45 day guarantee please see here https://www.cardcash.com/guarantee/ .

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you, however at CardCash we firmly believe we took the appropriate steps to alert the customers of our 45 day buyer protection period.

Best Regards,
S******
Claims Specialist
CardCash/ABC Gift Cards.com"

gordons46
1/9/17

Use your purchased card(s) within their 45 day guarantee or else you're out of luck. I purchase gift cards to have on hand when I need them and often don't use their entire balance within 45 days of purchase. I purchased a $25 Dunkin Donuts card and learned it was deactivated when I tried to use it. I called Dunkin Donuts and they told me it was deactivated because it was a fraudulent card. I had a similar experience with a $25 Subway card I purchased. It also was deactivated due to being fraudulently obtained. I could not get a refund or credit from ABC Gift Cards or their sister company, Card Cash.

Helpful answer

Hi Gary, Sorry about that! Please send an email to claims@abcgiftcards.com and it will be dealt with in 1-5 business days. Thank you!

By Gabby K. [ABC Gift Cards Rep] on 5/11/16
Helpful answer

how did it go? You can tell me I want to do the same but I'm not sure if it's reliable

By jose p. on 11/24/15
Helpful answer

I will not ever use them again. Horrible experience!

By Hydee G. on 10/15/15
Helpful answer

Can somebody check this site??

By Joseph J. on 10/16/12

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the ABC Gift Cards staff and other customers.

ABC Gift Cards?