Review of Wikia

12/24/15

Good design and content.

taylorj11
12/14/15

I hate The Internet, or more specifically most websites. I don't even like Social Media except for YouTube and even YouTube can even be annoying lol. But I really enjoy useful websites and that includes Wikis such as from Wikipedia and Wikia. Wikia you can add every detail of every important information, even if the citations are difficult to find. I used to work (usually slave) for a TV website, (akin to IMDB) but now I am not even going to worry about that be cause there isn't anything that a TV Website can have that a Wiki can't have. I think every TV series. character, actor, actress, production company, fan fiction, Etc. should have its own Wiki. And everybody else is adding those Wikis too which proves that Wikis are very important and reliable and should be the primary source of information. There IS a problem with Wikia and that is that Wikia is much more bloated and difficult to use compared to Wikipedia.

UPDATE:

Wikia has sold out and now calls itself "Fandom". It started out as "Wikia: The Home Of Fandom", and now it says "Fandom: Powered By Wikia". It won't be long before they change their domain entirely to "Fandom". I am tired of these "cute" words such as "Fandom" and now the site that has information for TV programmes, now has a sidebar that says "Trending Fandom Articles" of which I hate the word "Trending" and the entire concept of Trending. Keep so called "cuteness" and "Trending" away from Wikia. Wikia is supposed to be a professional site of information. I guess TrigglyPuff has a point: "Stop Treating Us Like A Child!". Well these websites are certainly treating everybody like a child. They look like they are meant for preschoolers and I regret to admit that most people no matter what age, behave like preschoolers or even worse.

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Wikia DELETED some of my wikis because I don't have enough free time to update fast enough for them. I had ZERO notification and this is completely unacceptable. I read Wikias terms of service and of course they use this to hide behind. They basically said by signing up, everybody agrees that Wikia can delete anything that they feel like, without any notification. This is UNACCEPTABLE and I demand notification.

Questions? Get answers from the Wikia staff and other customers.

Wikia?