Review of WeddingTracker

WeddingTracker reviews

danielb80
10/21/13

Twice we have had our website go down. We actually recovered it once, but now it's back down again, even after paying more money! Additionally the host site of www.weddingtracker.com is down as well and has been for several days, so there's litterally nothing my fiance or I can do. We are less than 20 days away from our wedding and we just lost our wedding website, which we need for all of our out of town guests and our wedding registry! I couldn't say enough bad things about this website! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!!

oliverp9
4/10/13

Ths site locks you out before your EXPIRATION so buy BEWARE! It also doesn't tell you upon initial purchase that certain formats ARE NOT available to purchase on the CD. You onlyare told that AFTER the fact. We were locked out of the account before expiration. This product is poor quality and has to be a BETA version because the functionality just is not there. This site is ownedThe Knot which interesting enough does not have a way to contact them on their web site.

josephp15
11/20/12

This website is miserable. The controls are cumbersome. It takes half an hour or more for the website to track the changes you make to your website.

The online RSVP is a joke--it's more of a pain in the neck then an "IT solution" for managing wedding attendance.

The only thing this excrement on wheels had going for it was that you could name your own URL.... and that's it.

I can't believe I paid for this pathetic excuse for a service.

barbaram9
2/22/11

It's been one problem after another with these people...

I signed up for one year subscription and was billed twice. It took a couple of weeks to get the over-charged amount refunded.

When I couldn't save photos, and contacted their support with the IT details such as browser used, etc, they had no suggestions other than to use a different computer. That was the last I heard from them, even though I wrote back with very specific questions.

When I tested the RSVP function (thankfully BEFORE asking my guests to use it!!), I found it didn't work either, even though all the information was present. Again, no customer support.

I changed my password last week and the site locked me out. I'm still trying to get back into the site and no one at customer service seems to be able to help me.

Wedding Tracker is a joke - DO NOT SIGN UP!!

andream1
2/14/11

The website you can create through Wedding Tracker can look very nice. In terms of actual functionality, it is sad, pathetic and extremely frustrating. They have virtually zero customer support and when they DO respond, it's usually just tough luck. Whatever you do, do NOT use the website for RSVPs. Here are some examples of Wedding Tracker's shortcomings:

RSVPs are not editable by guests. If they RSVP and forget to add a guest, or their rsvp status changes, or they change their mind about what to have for dinner.... Tough. Your guests will have to call or email you, and you will have to make the revisions on the back end.

If you attempt to mass email your guests, the website will not indicate which emails succeeded, which failed, or whether all succeeded/failed. If you contact their help department, they'll just tell you to look at every single guest's email address to make sure it's correct, without being able to tell you (even from their backend admin info) which worked and which didn't.

Attendance reports and lists do not synchronize. You will get a different count and listing of guests if you run the RSVP reports versus the Event Attendance report. It should be the same information. If a guest RSVP'd "yes", they should be on the Attendance report. If "no", it should be a 0 or "no". If no response yet, it should indicate so.

None of the reports regarding attendance provide guest details that you have entered into the database. For instance, if you've entered their phone or email, or categorized guests by "grooms family", "college friend", "bridal party", etc., NONE of that info is available on-screen or in the downloadable excel file. So, if you run a report to see who hasn't rsvp'd with the intent of following-up, you'll have to create (and re-create, and re-create, and re-create, EVERY time you run the reports) any columns with contact info and categories from some other source that you have hopefully created and saved elsewhere.

Despite messages saying "your RSVP has been recorded", it still shows "no RSVP" from certain guest, many hours after entering their RSVP.

Some of the editable text is limited to only 200 characters -- INCLUDING THE HTML CODE!!!! So, if you change the font size or color, you are doomed to have only about 6 words because HTML code takes about 4 times as much space as actual characters. I have NEVER used a website wizard where the HTML code was used to limit entries.

Wedding Tracker has built a pretty and pretty basic website platform. It can look great. In terms of storing static information, it will be perfectly fine for almost anyone. Save your sanity and minimize your guests' frustration and DO NOT USE WEDDING TRACKER FOR PLANNING AND FUNCTIONAL PURPOSES! You will be very sorry and waste precious time manually doing (and re-doing) everything you had hoped to take off of your plate.

jenns
8/21/09

Lost all of our data, including wedding photos...

No recovery options - we'd pay for this invaluable info. if we could (and have!).

Questions? Get answers from the WeddingTracker staff and other customers.

WeddingTracker?