Review of VeteransUnited

Tel: 800-884-5560
customer_service@veteransunited.com

rebeccam365
10/4/18

A WARNING TO ALL THE STARRY EYED, IDYLLIC NEW HOMEOWNERS: Veterans United has ruined our lives. They claim to be dedicated to the military and veterans. They are NOT! When unique challenges of military service complicate things, they turn their backs on the very veterans they promise to help. After 5 years of being loyal customers, with a perfect payment history, Veterans United is poised to ruin everything we have built in our adult lives. We bought two homes with VU, and loved the company, they were wonderful. We had every intention with buying another home with VU. Then, after 5 years, we received orders and put our home on the market. When multiple potential buyers of our home couldn't get financing, and the housing market in Hawaii crashed, we were forced to PCS with our home still for sale. With a short term rental secured until our home in Hawaii sold, and we could buy a new home at our new duty station, we were still hopeful. Unfortunately we took an almost $4,000 a month pay cut when we PCS'ed, and the cost of our mortgage in Hawaii and rent in our new duty station became too much. We called Veterans United multiple times explaining the situation and asking for help while we struggled to pay both rent and our mortgage. We were assured we could get a short term forbearance and suspend payments until our house sold for up to 6 months, problem solved. Renting our home in Hawaii was not an option since we were going planning to buy at our new duty location. In the interim we accepted an offer on our house in Hawaii. Knowing we had a closing date, we called VU again and they said the forbearance was set. Trusting the VU on that call was our next mistake. They said the forbearance we taken care of on our account and they would send over paperwork to sign and it would be done. Instead they reported our home 30 days late to the credit bureaus, tanking our credit 100 points. We called again and explained that due to our required military ordered PCS we were forced to relocate and couldn't pay both rent and mortgage, we explained our home was in escrow to be sold, and we explained we had been told by VU we were in forbearance and payments were suspended. During this call they said "we are sorry our associate told you that, but there's nothing we can do to help you." They then told us a forbearance couldn't be completed until AFTER we closed on our Hawaii home because there wasn't enough time. We called again on another day, and they were equally unhelpful. The associate said "If I had a magic button to fix this for you I would, but we have nothing we can do to help you." He so said "Why didn't you ask for help in July?" He then said "Can't you just get a family member to pay us?" Guess what VU, we tried to reach out to you for help!!! And we were told several weeks ago we were granted a forbearance to suspend payments! We are closing on selling our Hawaii home on October 5th, so we told the associate that everything would be paid off then. How could there seriously be NO programs to help servicemembers who are forced to PCS and now stuck paying for mortgage and rent??!! Then associate we spoke with today said, "Nope, we won't close your account the day you sell your home because we won't get the loan payoff money that day. And if you don't pay us by the 5th we will report you to the credit bureaus for 60 days late." So even though the home will be sold that date, they're still threatening to report to the credit bureaus. Meaning we won't be able to buy a home again for years, if ever, and our credit will tanked so badly we won't even qualify to rent. So thanks to VU we may soon be homeless. On September 27th, we paid August and September payments in full. We were told if we paid them, the 30 days late would be removed in a goodwill deletion/pay to delete. Now VU is refusing to do this. I had an interesting, unhelpful conversation with Josh today. Even though our account is current, so far he's refusing the fulfill the goodwill deletion adjustment. So we moved Heaven and Earth to bring our account current in good standing to accomplishment h a goodwill adjustment pay to delete and now VU is pretending they can't fulfill this simple agreement. He said he'll be back to me in a day or two, let's hope he does something right on behalf of his company. Today my husband talked to a different Josh who was absolutely horrible to us! He said he's unwilling to help, supports us being homeless, and if I don't like it to hire attorney.

Response from Matt P., VeteransUnited Representative
An investigation has proven that the affiliate servicing company has followed credit reporting procedures properly. We understand that you are in a difficult financial situation, but options have been provided and the servicer must adhere to all federal reporting laws and guidelines. If a hardship has been caused by military orders, you may have the opportunity to appeal the delinquency by mailing a written and signed statement to the following credit bureaus:

Equifax Information Services LLC

Respectfully,
Jillian J., Client Advocate
dans211
5/2/17

While talking to a loan rep. I was referred to as being unintelligent even though I was applying for a 3000,00 dollar loan. I cannot believe how rude this person was. I will never recommend this company to anyone!

Response from Matt P., VeteransUnited Representative
Veterans United Home Loans always strives to deliver great customer service while helping veterans and service members use their loan benefit. If we failed in that goal, we want to know everything about what happened so that we can review for potential training opportunities or corrective action.

We weren’t able to locate a loan application to further research the situation based on your username, so if you are willing, we would be appreciative of an opportunity to take a closer look. You can reach out to our customer service management team directly by calling 1-800-212-5200 or emailing ClientAdvocate@veteransunited.com with any additional detail or feedback you would like to share. Client Advocates are in office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central Time, and messages received outside those hours will be answered on the next business day.
lorraines33
2/16/17

My buyer just finished signing his loan documents and will be closing escrow today!! - he has been in escrow on a short sale for nearly a year (long story), Cody Smith of Veterans United stuck with him for the entire process; we finally received short sale approval along with a foreclosure trustee sale notice - Cody had less 22 days to get a VA appraisal & the loan through underwriting and approved.....there were doubters on the listing side but the Buyer & myself had full confidence in Cody & his team. Cody remained calm when everyone else was in a panic. Today the buyer happily signed escrow documents 6 days ahead of schedule! Woo-Hoo!
I cannot express my thanks loud enough for Cody Smith. He is awesome. I will definitely refer my clients to him. He deserves much more than 5 stars!!!!! :-)

matthewl29
1/27/15

Ben and Lauren handled my anxiety and stress with grace and patience. They are the A-team that I absolutely needed. Veterans United was able to process my loan very efficiently and without the tedious demands of the first lender I tried.

lutherw9
1/12/15

Very good Company, with knowledgeable and very pleasant personnel, great to work with. Will Lewis has been outstanding, encourage everyone to work with him.

dominicf11
1/8/15

Veterans United was a great experience, especially being a first time buyer. I was well informed, and they took care of everything.

richards121
1/4/15

We were kept informed every step of the way. We received timely responses to our questions. Our contact at the VA was VERY knowledgeable, professional, personable, and friendly. It was a very smooth process. We are extremely happy with Veterans United and the outcome of our loan.

miguela19
1/3/15

Professionals in everything they do, courteous, kind and knowledgeable, my loan officer and his team were with me every step of the way.

stevene22
12/30/14

Amazing company, everyone has been super helpful and got me through every step of the process. Jon and his team were helpful, friendly and quick to reply to every question I had. Thanks again!

danielm137
12/26/14

The complete process went very smooth and stress free. Every person i interacted with was always professional and responsive.

brianm106
12/23/14

Very good experience with my 1st home purchase using Veterans United. Everything went smooth and they were very professional and courteous. They did an excellent job in managing the paperwork, getting me all the papers I needed it in a timely matter, and working with all outside parties that were involved in the process without delay. They encourage me to ask questions about anything , and I did (many times), and they had no problem answering any of them. Best of all, we closed early!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is trying to purchase a home through the VA. THEY WERE ON THE JOB!!!

Tip for consumers: Ask for Kevin Webster.

joeb130
12/20/14

The service that was provided to me was impeccable. The entire process was so smooth and easy without any issues at all. My loan officer (Ginny Young) is a real PRO and treats Veterans with respect and kindness. Any Veteran needing help with a new loan or refinancing a loan, this is the place to check out. I'm certainly glad I did!

janetb28
12/4/14

My husband and I were extremely satisfied with our loan process!! Aaron and Danielle couldn't have been more personable. There expertise and knowledge was truely professional. Thanks again you guys and I hope in the future we can recommend someone who is looking for a great experience. Thanks alot, Rory and Jan Bower

twandah
12/2/14

As you know, buying a home is a very stressful situation. I cant express enough how Veterans United made it the best experience ever. My loan officer ( Patrick Richardson) was kind, considerate, caring, very very patient, informative, and always kept me posted. Him and his team are awesome. Through Veterans United I was linked with one of their realtors ( Ann Carlson). All I can say is OMG. She is one of the sweetest woman I ever met. Very knowledgeable. Between Patrick and Ann, I couldn't have asked for a better team to be on my side. I would recommend them and their companies to anyone I know. I cant thank them enough for all the hard work and dedication they put in to make my dream come true. Last but not least. After my closing was done, Veterans United did not make me fell like just a person they help get a loan. They still checked on me and emailed me to make sure that I was still happy and satisfied after closing. I didn't feel forgotten after the deal was done. Thank you Veterans United.

martinw25
11/22/14

Great stuff, I am telling other veterans about you guys.

sheldonc5
11/20/14

Awesome experience with Veterans United. Very professional, dedicated and focused on getting the loan approved. If I ever decide to purchase again there is no other company I would consider.

bobm116
11/13/14

My wife and I want to say "Thank You" Veteran's United for treating a Veteran's family, ours, like we really matter. Judging from the wonderful customer service we received from Justin Napier, and Mason Maddox, I am sure that is just your way of doing things. We had spoken to other banks and credit unions, but your team has the right "attitude". Oh yes there was paperwork, but instead of making us feel like we being investigated, we felt like we were sharing information. Every part of this experience was professional and made easy for us. Because you guys know what you are doing the process went fast and it was over with genuine appreciative laughs. So thank you again, it was truly our pleasure.

robertj57
11/4/14

Veterans United is the best. We had a difficult loan but they handled it like it was second nature. Great customer service.

carlh30
11/1/14

Alberto barba was very helpful very fast on everything his team was excellent on top of there game vetrans united i give them an AAA rating any vets out there needing a home loan go with vetrans united

josem61
10/27/14

i just purchased a new home thanx to veterans united. It was a smooth process led by my loan officer Cody Smith and his team. they were very knoledgeable, kept me abreast of things happening and i even closed ahead of schedule. They went out of their way to make sure everithing was on point. I reccomend veterans united to any vet, or any one looking for quality, honesty and a decent home loan.

terryg18
10/27/14

From the first time i talked to alex to the follow up calls with sheila and the help they gave me to find a great realtor.they were all very helpful,professional and very easy to deal with.I would highly recommend veterans united to anyone.Not many companies can do a V.A. Loan in less than 2months from the first phone call to close

sherryd9
10/21/14

We had an awesome home buying experience with Veterans United from beginning to end! From the first phone call, the process was smooth sailing. Our loan originator and his assistant (Will and Chris) were so hands-on and engaging but not too pushy. We ran into a small snag and were about to give up but the issue was resolved in one day's time! They got us the best interest rate and we were actually in a position to close a few days earlier. I thank them both and VA for making this a pleasant experience for us. We are ENJOYING OUR NEW HOME!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

jerryt21
10/17/14

If you are looking to use your VA benifit to purchase your home, I highy recommend "Veterans United." The two people who walked us through this whole process were, Christina Stegman, Loan Officer and Joanne Frers, Transaction Coordinator. We couldn't have asked for better team members. Wish they both lived in California as my wife and I would have them to the house for many dinners and a swims in our pool.

Thanks again Veterens United.

Jerry & Karen

inellj
10/17/14

I had a wonderful experience with the VA home loan representatives Doug and Adam they were awlsome they were professional at all times they were very kind,friendly and resourceful, They answer all my questions and they always returned my phone calls promptly. They made sure I was notify at all times what was going on with my loan. They made sure my Realtor had all my paperwork forward to her on time. also the rest of the staff worked very hard on getting my paper work done in time for closing. Thanks very much god bless you all for a job well done.

christianr22
10/16/14

The service is incredible. They guide me through the entire process of buying my first home. I would definitely recommend this company to everybody.

Questions? Get answers from the VeteransUnited staff and other customers.

VeteransUnited?