Review of UnitedNuclear

Tel: 517-339-3587
customerservice@unitednuclear.com

justind71
1/17/17

i have bought some uranium ore from them and it was great i also bought some uranium metal from them.

michaels292
8/16/15

The thing melted itself. It also burned through its hot glue insulation. The real rub is that the internal driver is only rated for 2,000 Volts, assuming this is RMS voltage, its peak would be 2,800 Volts, and after entering the bridge rectifier circuit would be 5,600 volts. SO 6 kV!! WHY IS IT RATED FOR 25 kV?!

The capacitors are only rated for 20 kV, and the diodes are only 1/4" long. Given the breakdown of air is generally held to be 20 kV PER INCH (humditity / temp depenedent). The diodes couldn't possibly be rated for even 10 kV! They are standard T70A type diodes.

Would have been nice to get my money back for this POS. They didn't return my email requesting a refund...

Response from Bob L., UnitedNuclear Representative
It is rated for 25KV because it produces 25KV. Your lack of electronic knowledge is surprising. The internal driver does not go into a rectifier circuit, it clearly goes into a VOLTAGE MULTIPLIER CIRCUIT, producing 25KV. Capacitors have double the voltage rating when they are in series, making them ok for up to 40KV, not 20. Your unit burned out because of the way you grounded/powered it, contrary to the instructions, allowing HV to bleed back into the unit. Your request for a refund was turned down because you were 7 months beyond the warranty - and you were emailed this info.
ronaldb39
12/5/14

Ordered several items all came packed perfect. all three Items i bought were of the highest quality. I got the fridge magnets blown away by how powerful, T shirt was even super high quality. not going to tell you the other thing i bought. but it works perfect high quality.

heathery4
12/2/14

This Co must be a scam! Ive received nothing that I ordered. Then they only respond with very vague emails about the invoice still needing to be paid through paypal! WHAT! Idiots! thats not how paypal works! DON't TRUST ANY OF YOUR INFO TO THEM!

Response from Bob L., UnitedNuclear Representative
It's no scam. You received nothing because you never paid your invoice. As we clearly state, we do not use the paypal checkout system or send invoices from paypal. We use an invoice company who emails you an invoice for your purchase and in the invoice is a link to click on which takes you to paypal - where all the purchase info filled in. We're sorry you couldn't understand our invoice payment procedure.
seans30
3/11/14
dw244
11/7/12

I love science and this site claims to have all kinds of cool stuff. I ordered two elements (Potassium & Sodium) two months ago. Two weeks after I placed the order, I asked for status and was told "Backordered"... but nothing indicated it on the site. I gave them a month and asked for status, "Still not in"... but yet my credit card was charged the day after I placed the order... Three weeks ago I asked them to cancel it, no response. Two weeks ago I asked them again to cancel it, they said they are working on it. Today (2 months later) still not cancelled, no order received, and funds not returned - I had to file a claim with my credit card company to dispute the charge. Again, cool site - but they failed to deliver.

justine17
3/20/12

I ordered a high power laser from this company last month and I still do not have it!!! The man is rude too. I've sent him two emails asking whats going on with my order and he is as vague as possible. Every time I have asked he just says, "It will be shipped at the end of the week." Well its been a month and still no 300 dollar laser. Now he is completely ignoring my emails. I'm starting to think I have been scammed!

mikeh18
7/27/11

If you are into science...especially chemistry and physics, then this is one of the most fun and exciting sited available in the U.S.A.

Here you can buy (with sufficient cash) infrared laser systems up to 100 watts in power. (yes, REAL 100W CO2 lasers) which can do a LOT of cutting and burning. Care should be taken when "playing" with the "toys" available from this site. They have 1100 mW blue lasers which are not de-rated like some other web sites (Chinese 1000 W in the ad but 750 mW in operation) advertise. You can also buy jet engines, and hi power rocket making kits there.

The chemicals and chemistry equipment are too numerous to list. Suffice it to say that you can buy almost anything you want, Alkali metals included. I have mainly purchased chemicals and glassware from them for my home lab. The equipment list includes distillation equipment (not available in Texas) and some interesting electrolysis equipment like the Hoffmann Aparatus.

The company started in business by supplying the Sandia National Laboratory with nuclear research supplies and equipment. As they expanded, many items sold to the nuclear research community are now available to us, the general public.
You can buy Spinthariscopes to track nuclear particles in a cloud chamber. They also sell non-enriched nuclear materials to the public. Many different isotopes of radioactive elements are available. Use good judgment, these materials can be hazardous in the wrong hands.
The most disconcerting listing they had was for U-238; Yes, naturally occurring Uranium 238. It is not regulated in smaller quantities. These materials should be carefully stored because of their potential radiation hazards.

The company recently moved from New Mexico to Michigan. Since then, they are completing a manufacturing facility to produce even more fascinating devices.

They have always made prompt shipments at decent prices, but remember that if you order hazardous materials, there are HazMat shipping surcharges required.

Overall, for a science nerd this site is an absolute must.

BTW, I am not sure if they will ship to Canada, there may be restrictions on that. I know they cannot ship to Europe.

Questions? Get answers from the UnitedNuclear staff and other customers.

UnitedNuclear?