UKOfficialServices.co.uk reviews

info@ukofficialservices.co.uk

3 reviews with 4 stars

torig23
5/14/19

I ordered a marriage certificate in mid-April from this website and did not immediately receive an email confirmation, which got me worried. I then searched for the company online and became concerned that I had been the victim of a scam. I decided to wait it out and see what happened.

I eventually received an email confirmation later that day and I was able to use the the order number to check on the progress over the next few weeks. The first week in May it updated to say it had been dispatched and I received the certificates recorded delivery a few days later. Overall I was happy with the service.

My advice if you need replacement certificates:
- If you've got full details, order the replacement certificate directly from the local register office where it was originally issued (cheapest option, usually available online or by phone)
- If you have most but not full details (e.g. don't know where the marriage took place but know who and when), pay the extra £3 for the GRO search (gro.gov.uk)
- If you are missing more significant details (in my case, I knew the marriage year but not the date or location), cough up more for a service like UK Official Records, and be patient in waiting for them to arrive (mine actually arrived before a GRO order placed at the same time)

rw306
1/8/19

Birth certificate was needed in a hurry and I (stupidly) didn't check I'd got the official site... however, the certificate arrived as promised.

jonnys6
6/7/14

UK Official services do state that they are not the GRO (Section 9) but offer a service of 'Official' UK Documents. It should be obvious that they are not a government organization. from their URL (NOT .gov or .org but .co.uk!) .
When I ordered notarised/apostilled documents from them (2 years ago) they delivered ON TIME and ALL my documents were fine and as agreed.
This is a useful service to those who do not have a UK postage address or those who want to reduce postage costs by having all their documents delivered to them wherever they reside in the world. Useful for digital nomads, travellers etc who need these documents.
Anyone complaining that they 'deliberately mislead' must be very uneducated or computer illiterate, in which case they'd be better off WITH UKOS since they handle all the admin / postage for them, which can be a headache and expensive.
The additional cost I think is moderately overpriced but the amount of headache and hassle it saves you is a godsend if you are not in the UK or do not have a UK Address.
The name UKOfficialServices is a good one, I think, because foreign officials like the words 'Official' and 'Services'. Don't ask me why, they just do. After all it they do provide Official Documents as a 'Service' and are based in the UK. This is legitimate practice and all my documents are legitimate and I got what I pad for AS AGREED and they delivered, even though it is moderately overpriced, it SAVES HASSLE!

Questions? Get answers from the UKOfficialServices.co.uk staff and other customers.

1 Photo for UKOfficialServices.co.uk