First TransPennine Express

First TransPennine Express has a consumer rating of 1 stars from 1 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. The most common issues with First TransPennine Express are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

How would you rate First TransPennine Express?

“Showing no empathy”

Liz O.
6/24/17

On a day trip to York for a celebration my husband and I genuinely mistook 2 train companies as the same so got on the wrong train..when the train conductor came round and told us we had the wrong tickets ...but what we were very upset about was the fact he seemed not to believe that it was a genuine mistake that we thought the companies were one and the same and we had such a good day out he could have even apologised as he must have seen the shock on our faces. His empathy was none existent which I believe fuelled our upset and spoilt our day out. I obviously now am aware of the different train companies and in future will probably stick booking up previous with Virgin as they have shown brilliant customer service previously. We had a lovely pleasant journey there and the staff were very pleasant that we were so disappointed as senior citizens to be treat like criminals. Even if he had put some jolliness into the conversation it may have helped the blow of having to pay this extra money but as I say it made us feel like we had done it on purpose and not a genuine mistake. I would be disappointed to think that he treat people with hidden disabilities in this manner as the situation could have escalated. I just want people to be aware and take genuine care when getting on trains because it cost us another £25.80 just for a 30 train ride home...so in all our 30min ride there and 30min rude home cost yes £51.80 just to enjoy a day out. But I have certainly learnt something ...no matter all the upset in this world thus person could not show any kindness or empathy to two elder people and rejoiced in charging us extra...we didn't even have the opportunity to vacate the wrong train to get on another as to him this was not an option...so beware dear people...I have list all faith in human kindness and empathy and was terrible upset...which the person seemed to regale in this..so so sad ..

lizo10
June 24th, 2017

Questions? Get answers from the First TransPennine Express staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First TransPennine Express?

Have a question about First TransPennine Express?