Review of Toyota

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

dianes108
2/19/18

If you are like I am, I just love the Corollas I've had. But LOOK OUT, most of the Corollas (mine's a 2007) and Camrys have plastic head light covers that all fog up to the point of having to literally having to clean them yourself with products made for this or pay$89.95 to go to the dealership and have it done "professionally" with no guarantee how long it will last. I had a conversation with a svc mgr here in Milwaukee, WI about this. He said Toyota Dealers have a special 3 step process they use on the headlights. Excuse me $89.95 for two headlights at the dealer? What a rip off! Since I notice this almost permanent fogging of the headlamps, which prevented my headlight to beam forward of my car not more than 5 feet, I thought no wonder I can't see well at night. Well I checked at my local Auto Store and found there is a product-well several products that will clean and polish the headlamps for about $15 and a half hour of your own time. The svc mgr at the dealership said that they have a polish of the last step of their cleaning. Well, low and behold, I found Rain-X has a kit containing a 3 step process where the last is a polish to make them sparkle. I did it a year ago and now it needs to be done again. Imagine paying $89.95 every time your plastic lights lights get all fogged up, and not allowing the headlights to do what they are supposed to. I did write to the corp office in Japan, but it probably won't matter to this big car company. I mean, Takata replaced millions of air bags in Toyotas and other companies for free. This is obviously a manufacturer problem. I did nothing to my head lamps for them to fog up and I should be charged to have them cleaned and polished, with no guarantee on how long it will last? If you own a smaller model Toyota, take a look at your head lights. I've searched every parking lot where I shop and found all Toyotas have this problem. I think it's time that us loyal Toyota owners speak out about this problem and not have to pay to get it "temporarily fixed," especially since it is NOT OUR FAULT. It is the manufacturer's fault as the same applied to faulty air bags. LET'S GET THE WORD OUT! CALL YOUR DEALERS ABOUT THIS IN HOPES THEY PASS IT ALONG TO SOMEONE WHO REALLY CARES AT TOYOTA as my dealer's service manager promised me he would. This is a damn rip off due to the cheap plastic headlamps they decided to replace the glass ones with! LET'S GET THIS OUT ABOUT THE KITS AVAILABLE AT YOUR LOCAL AUTO STORE, TOO. Dealerships know this is a long line of cars with this problem, otherwise they never would have sent me a "coupon" to have it done for that our rageous amount of $89.95! We pay big money for their autos, I'd expect ore from Toyota! Wouldn't you?

Questions? Get answers from the Toyota staff and other customers.

Toyota?