ToyLibrary.co

ToyLibrary.co has a consumer rating of 3.94 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with ToyLibrary.co most frequently mention customer service. ToyLibrary.co ranks 17th among Subscription Shopping sites.

• We've had some bumps along the way, but their customer service is the best.
  • So easy to set up and customer support is always awesome!

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate ToyLibrary.co?

“Love their lego sets!”

Bethany T.
6/17/20

Our favorite is their lego sets! I rent a set from them instead of buying new sets all the time. Keeps my son away from his gadget for at least an hour. Who knew this service existed?

“Customer Service is Terrible”

Bonnie K.
5/3/20

I didnt realize this toy rental... so when the first toys arrived I figured it out, emailed them right away, as my grandson isn't even born yet. I asked them to cancel and sent back the toys, which i can buy cheaper brand new, than what they charged me to use them for a month... 2 weeks later, get charged more money... go on the website, cancel again... so I've paid almost $60.00 for nothing... just based on that i will never renew...

customer service (7) customer support (4)
bonniek163
May 3rd, 2020

Products used:
None

yuliyal5
January 23rd, 2021

This is ridiculous! The toy arrived with a note that 10 pieces are missing (mini lego) from the previous renter. The company does not check they toys and does not sanitize them! Otherwise, they would have notice the note. My son is upset so I am.

bethanyt28
June 17th, 2020

cb561
March 28th, 2020

Every single toy missing critical pieces, and often, a lot of them. While I expect missing pieces here and there, there seems to be no quality control at all. You cannot send a kid a toy that cannot be built because essential pieces are not there, along with missing instructions, the latter of which seems pretty easy for ToyLibrary to eyeball on their end before putting it in an envelope. Further, you cannot do this three times in a row in a three month subscription. There also seems to be no customer service whatsoever, I was only able to get a response after filing a complaint with my bank for, and the response was snarky. Someone else should run with this great idea and provide higher quality and better service.

maureenk152
January 24th, 2021

I haven't been pleased with Toy Library at all. It took forever for them to receive the toys I sent back and when I asked about it my pleas were ignored. Both lego sets we received were missing pieces, and since you can't tell them what pieces are missing I have a feeling the "report" you submit is ignored. Not to mention there is nothing worse than opening a lego set with your child only to have the first piece you need missing. And it really is mostly lego sets, and while my son likes legos he would really like more of a selection. I thought going through the site to pick something would be pretty fun, but he was not thrilled with the selection.

tp154
May 26th, 2019

Changed name from "Pley". Check the better business bureau, they are a SCAM. Take money and continue to charge. Do not send toys. Say they are moving warehouse.

Update: The people who responded to my review are SCAMMERS. Do not believe them. I had to call my credit card to do dispute on the charges they made. After that now they have started charging me again. Secretly for 10 months and I had no idea. Please do not give them your credit card information!

ToyLibrary S. – ToyLibrary.co Rep

We're sorry to hear this TP. Pley was purchased by ToyLibrary. After careful checking, we found the new location of the warehouse to be benefical to our customers in the long run. The inventory count should be finished by the start of next week (after this holiday). We will make sure to take care of you. Please message us if you do not receive an email about shipping your toys by Wednesday morning. We appreciate your patience. We know the new location will be an excellent benefit to our customers.

starlae2
June 9th, 2019

The warehouse recently moved. In preparation for this, they contacted me and gave me a credit so that I wasn't charged during any delay due to the transition. My kids love it! We have already received our next 2 sets of toys. I love their service is so personalized. The agents always remember me and are transparent about the process. I will keep being a member until my kids grow out of legos.

dannyc159
April 21st, 2019

Several fellow parents have raved about this toy rental service, so we gave it a try. Support is always courteous, prompt and answers our questions. We save every month by renting toys instead of buying new sets. Give it a try you won't regret it!

brianh645
January 31st, 2019

I joined this site a few months ago. Yes I have received toys with missing pieces however every time I do I contact them and they make it right for me. You have earned a long term customer!

PS My boy loves it too!

toml318
April 1st, 2019

We were buying toys almost every month, But the clutter of toys that were played with only once got out of control. But our friends told us about Toy Library. We decided to give it a try.
6 months later, we are still using the service and plan to keep renting as long as the kids are interested.

roys201
May 29th, 2019

Cancelled my subscription and was told I was getting a refund upon return of product. I returned the product 10 days before they told me it was due back (also within 3 days of receiving the product), I was then told I would get a refund. Now no one from the company will respond to my email, there is no contact info. Worst customer service ever.

ToyLibrary S. – ToyLibrary.co Rep

Hello Roy. Please contact us at support@toylibrary.co and we'll be happy to assist you. We search for what information we see here but do not show any emails with your name.

alanp221
May 29th, 2019

Look at the positive reviewers. They all have one or two posts. The ones with two posts, posted positive reviews for ToyLibrary and Pley. Interesting.

This appears to be a very sophisticated con. They appear to be making fake reviews. They respond to negative reviews, and they do respond to costumer emails. I think they are trying to string you along until the bank can no longer void the transaction. When our toys didn't ship for two weeks (they advertise two days) they claimed they were moving the warehouse. This is the same line Pley has reportedly used (see BBB website).

Most companies can migrate facilities without affecting their customers. If they are legit, they shouldn't take your money until they ship. At the very least its unprofessional. But I strongly suspect its fraudulant.

[Update]
After filing formal complaint, and stopping CC payment we did get a shipment. They may not be a scam after all, but it doesn't look like they can reliably fulfill their obligations either. Since we had stopped payment, we returned without opening. So I can't say anything about the condition. For me, if they can't reliably ship, the service isn't worth it.

ToyLibrary S. – ToyLibrary.co Rep

Hello Alan. We greatly appreciate your opinion. Our warehouse did move to a new location. We were using the same warehouse that the previous owners of the business were using. The previous owners was a company named "pley" however we are not associated in any way and the warehouse that was being used was the last link to them. I do see all toys have been shipped and if you did not receive yours we would love to hear from you so we can get your toys out to you and credit your account.

vanessar192
June 19th, 2020

I've never heard of this service before but my mom friend told me to check out their website. I'm a work-from-home mom and this is the perfect option for my household. Helps keep my toddlers busy for hours of fun during the coronavirus lockdown. Also, excellent customer service that will cater to your family needs. Can't wait to rent more of their toys!

hallyg
November 29th, 2018

Terrible! They sent defective toys then never sent another thing. They offered me free months, still never sent anything and now today I see they are charging my credit card again even thought I cancelled my account 6 moths ago! This is a total scam, and just terrible to prey on kids and there excitement to play with toys!

alphinet
June 18th, 2020

Excellent toys for the money! They have a wide range of selections and so much interactive options to choose from. I'm very picky with how clean the toys are and they came in sanitized. Did not disappoint at all. Very happy with our experience with their service and would definitely rent toys again.

tylers305
June 19th, 2020

So so thankful I came across their site! It's a win win for me and my kids because we can just return toys once they're over it instead of having a big pile of random toys in their rooms. A big game changer for sure! I don't think I'll ever go back to buying toys again. 10/10 would recommend it!

rickf132
February 25th, 2019

I have been with them for about 2 months so far. I have to say they have saved me soo much time and money. I spoil my kids (maybe a little too much) but we were buying toys every time we went out! Now we log in, select our toys and shortly after they show up. Sometimes we send them back a few days later and sometimes we keep them for a few weeks. If my daughter really likes the toy we buy it from them and select 2 more. Great job with this site!

Tip for consumers:
If you have any porblems contact the support team. I have many times and they are always helpful

Products used:
I have rented about 10 toys so far

bradleyb104
March 4th, 2019

This is my first review in a very long time. After being with this company for about 6 months and receiving consistently exceptional service I thought I would give credit where it's due. I have saved hundreds of dollars using this service. If you have children you know what I'm talking about. I recommend this site to friends and family all the time. Keep it up!

aryas14
January 23rd, 2019

Recommend to all my friends and family. I'm so impressed with customer service and variety of toys! Solution for growing kids in a small apartment without the clutter.
Love that we get 2 sets each time now!

brianw464
April 10th, 2019

I just wanted to take a minute and write about my experience with this service. Last year we tried a year of toys on the Einstein plan for my grandkids. The customer support is always helpful, considerate, and they give that personal touch that is so hard to find in dealing with so many companies today. I am amazed at how much the children have learned already!

marym1352
June 30th, 2019

Anytime I contact customer support, I always feel they really care and have empathy. They help with any questions I have about my account and there's a huge variety of toys to choose from. We are so excited to get our next set! I know if I have any questions, I can count on customer service to make it right.

summerr21
April 8th, 2019

Finally, a company that is reducing waste, recycling, and donating to those in need!
My family and I have been working to reduce our impact on the environment.
Toy Library is helping me do that. Along the way my kids learn not just from the toys, but also how our choices make a difference on our earth. Thank you Toy Library!

johnm2711
February 5th, 2019

Anytime I have questions or concerns they always make it right! The perfect gift for kids stuck inside in the rain and snow.

sharonc388
February 5th, 2019

Our son got a year gift for this service for Xmas and he loves it. He gets 2 toys every time and play with them for couple of days until he's bored.
Then we just send them back and get new ones - pretty cool and it saves us money.

matts473
March 11th, 2019

My daughter loves the doll and dramatic play sets. She plays for weeks with the food sets, then we send it back for a new set. They have Little Tykes and Melissa & Doug too. I was impressed with how durable the sets are.

This company is sustainable for the environment. They really care about making our Earth a better place, and I appreciate that.

By Summer R.
See more answers (2)

I have always received a helpful reply from an agent.

By Brian H.
See more answers (2)

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the ToyLibrary.co staff and other customers.

ToyLibrary S.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ToyLibrary.co?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

3.9
Have a question about ToyLibrary.co?