Review of TownHog

TownHog reviews

gregd7
7/29/11

I purchased two vouchers for a San Francisco Bay tour. When I tried to use them the company said they didn't know who Townhog was and I would have to deal with them. After days of leaving several messages and emails I finally received an email response that they were sorry that I could not use the "full value" of the voucher and that they may be willing to send me a credit for another voucher. Why would I want another useless voucher. I'm from out of town anyway so it's too late. Stay away from Townhog. It is a rip off and you will be taken just like I did.

sfconsumerf
7/6/11

I purchased a deal through TownHog for Fringe Salon in San Francisco. TownHog billed my credit card but now Fringe Salon will not honor the deal as they state that TownHog has not paid them. I, the consumer, am just screwed.

In trying to contact TownHog, I find it distressing that they do not answer their phones and do not respond to email to their service department. Are they going under? Very upsetting especially as CBS5 and SFGate are using them.

alexl5
1/31/11

Daily deal sites cloning groupon are popping up so fast I can't keep track of all of them. I think the problem with townhog and daily deal sites in general is that their cut of the revenue is so high that when businesses make these deals they are doing it soley to attract new clients and taking a huge hit so they will need to upsell the client to make a profit. I experienced this first hand when I did a daily deal for a photography session. It was dirt cheap at 20 bucks for an hour session, but at the end of it, they only gave me low resolution files and said if I wanted the high res ones I needed to pay extra. I don't think these daily deal sites are here to stay once people understand how they work and don't get a great deal they will stop using them. But the restaurant deals on townhog are actually not bad and I did use it for that. I think that concept works better.

Questions? Get answers from the TownHog staff and other customers.

TownHog?