Theshepherdsdietreviews reviews

Suggest Category

1 Review From Our Community

roseannz
3/20/18

My husband is the one who saw "The ShepherdsDiet.com" online, read about it, got excited, and bought it. We thought we would get actual books, but everything was online. We are older, so we prefer actual physical books. Kristina Wilds, who is a certified nutritionist, developed this program after her husband was diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gerig's Disease). As his physical abilities decreased, he gained weight, making it harder for him to do any self care. So Kristina searched the Bible for Biblical references to foods. This is a Christian-based program. She developed this high protein, high good fats, very low carbohydrate diet, basically a ketogenic diet, to help her husband; and he did lose weight. Consequently, she developed the Sherpherd's Diet for the public.
Here are the good points: If you follow the diet, you will lose weight.
There is a great support network that answers your questions. You WILL have many questions, as many things are not explained fully.
Here are the BAD POINTS:
Everything is online.
Since my husband is the one who ordered this, he began paying $9.95 twice a month for something he really didn't know. This turned out to be recipes that would help you get the proper balance of protein, fats, and carbs. When he stopped paying the $9.95 every 2 weeks, WE COULD NOT ACCESS THE RECIPES FROM THE TIME WE HAD PAID ALL THIS MONEY FOR A FEW MONTHS!!! I was appalled, but I was told that since everything is online, all the money we spent in the past would not allow us to get the recipes we had paid for because TSD (The Shepherd's Diet) did not have a way to not include recipes we hadn't paid for. I was totally disgusted. This was supposed to be a Christian site.
Kristina has numerous partners who sell their own plans and products, so you are bombarded with these emails. Most of the time, you have to listen to very long videos before you even find out what they are selling! None of these "miraculous" discoveries are sold in stores. One PARTNER told about a miraculous oil that was probably in our pantry. The oil wasn't named. I asked to find out the name of the oil from a consultant provided by Kristina's site. SHE COULDNT TELL ME because it was a partner!!! How ridiculous. I found out it was coconut oil after fast-forwarding through this partner's long video presentation.
I got gallbladder attacks from following the diet. I had to see the doctor, and an ultrasound was ordered for me this week.
Kristina herself was sending emails that required you to have to watch videos. I complained, and I'm not saying it was because of me, but finally, she offered transcripts to read if you didn't want to waste time watching long videos.
Kristina Wilds now has a supplement line of products that she recommends we buy. All of these supplements are very expensive.
Conclusion: This is a ketogenic diet where protein is 70-75% of the diet, followed by good fats and very low carbs. It turns your body into burning fats and not glucose. There probably are many ketogenic diets online.
For a self-proclaimed Christian, Ms. Wilds surely seems to sell very expensive products, as do her partners.
The $9.95 we spent every 2 weeks (without my husband knowing exactly why) turned out to be recipes that we couldn't access after he quit paying the $9.95.
You don't get physical books.
You get many emails.
Now that I know TSD is a ketogenic diet, I will research it myself online and not spend all the money that TSD requires.

Questions? Get answers from the Theshepherdsdietreviews staff and other customers.

Theshepherdsdietreviews?