Review of The Onion

advertising@theonion.com

1 star

greggg10
5/13/16

Sublime satire. Hilarious, absurd, ridiculous news stories that never fail to amuse. Much of the site's content is laugh-out-loud funny. Really well-observed parodies of anything and everything related to current events, pop culture, and all kinds of people: ordinary, famous and infamous.

As excellent as the print material is, the videos are even funnier. The Onion News Network with its faux news stories and offshoot current affairs programming, the Today Now! segments skewering morning shows, and most recently the TMZ-style gossip show spoof are all perfectly executed and genuinely, consistently funny.

Highly recommended for comedy connoisseurs.

albertw19
3/30/14

It's a funny site! I enjoyed reading here.

dy282
11/4/12

So awesome!

jand10
10/6/12

Too funny to read but the stories aren't real. Gives a refreshing laugh though. I recommend the site for humor.

kimt10
9/27/12

My husband like this site to much. Thank you for making him a laugh

rjaa
8/20/12

So funny I love it. Also check it out on Youtube :)

andrewc16
9/7/11

Funny stuff, award winning humour.

gabrielc2
8/28/11

Love it and love it on youtube as well! very funny!

garys16
8/2/11

HILARIOUS!!!

jennyg3
7/4/11

best daily pick me up around!!!

jasminem2
6/8/11

Funny news satire. A good way to kill time.

sammyj2
4/19/11

Hilarious site with some pretty awesome content. Great site to go for if you're looking for a good laugh!

kiras1
4/12/11

Nice way to get away from random thoughts and hazardous routine. Thumbs up for their staff.

quetzalc
4/7/11

FUNNIEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yom1
12/3/10

It doesn't get any better than this, ever.

jacobs4
10/10/10

I used to read this all the time in college and loved it. The best way to waste your time and have a good laugh.

chuckc1
8/4/10

I love reading the "news" on the Onion. I love it when news articles from the Onion show up on the google news feed and freak people out. (I have to admit I was one such "freaked out" person by an Onion article showing up on google news once.)

rockyf
7/19/10

If it werent for this site I wouldnt be able to get through the day at work - absolute genius and funnier than hell.

vijayk1
3/15/10

This is a really good satire news site. I love the quality of the videos and the real hardwork gone into scripting the news and videos.. The audio channel is also good. They take the real news and questions the relevence of the content as NEWS. They also poke fun at the lifestyle of people and the depths to which reporting has fallen. thanks onion.com for making me laugh and think. I would rather have just onion.com for sensitive reporting than the sensational news of other regular news channels.

heatherb
8/19/09

Funny website which I found here on sitejabber. Hilarious. Now that i found it I am reading it almost daily. Go check it out. Nothing better than fake news.

tamis
6/16/09

Enjoyed!! Think you will like it.

kellym
5/21/09

Does it go with out saying that the fake news delivered by The Onion is hilarious? The Onion's take on pop-culture and news is smart and funny.

joels
5/5/09

I thought that some of the subjects covered such as the unknown football quaterback were cool. I would look this site over again.

ephraiml
5/5/09

So funny and I love having them in my Facebook feed...it makes me laugh every time. Everybody should go to this site.

akonib
8/13/08

The Onion's 5-year-old movie - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0392878/

It's quirky and fast-paced. Especially funny to me because of being filmed in 2003 and shelved until 2008. Delightful because the jokes only got funnier while aging. An honorable mention is Rodney Dangerfield being in this movie, released 4 years after his passing. To the best of my knowledge, theonion,com doesn't have any references to their own movie, which also cracks me up.

Overall, not any individual hard-hitting spectacular jokes or bits, but a hilarious variety show (with a big emphasis on... variety).

Questions? Get answers from the The Onion staff and other customers.

The Onion?