TheBirdHouseBarn reviews

Falling Waters, WV 25419, United States
Birdhousebarn@gmail.com

chelseac63
5/29/19

I am saddened to have to write this poor review and wish the owner, Fred Heartley could have worked with me to address my concerns and compromise to make this right but unfortunately that isn't the case. I purchased a replica birdhouse for my Grandfather with excitement and after doing some research I chose to go with Fred because the samples of his work on his website were outstanding! The birdhouse I got didn't live up to mine or my friends and family's expectations what so ever. Fred initially was very kind and his responses were very prompt, after I paid him through PayPal, his quick responses and demeanor changed. When I received my birdhouse 5 months after I placed the order, I emailed him to address the very visible broken piece of wood in the front of the house and had to send another email after I still hadn't received a response in almost a week. The brick detailing seen in the picture on his website was nothing even close to what I got. Fred mentioned he had a large amount of birdhouse this year and that's why mine took so long, which was fine (I thought it was going to be well worth the wait but I ended up very disappointed with the product I received). I attached pictures of the broken piece of wood on the front porch and a comparison of my actual house compared to the birdhouse Fred made. I have no carpentry experience and feel as though I could have done a better job. I paid an extra $50 fee to add the deck in which I thought would have far more detail including each spool (as seen on the website) not just 4 pieces of would slapped onto the side. (Below is a photo) I don't think what I received was worth the money I paid and after over a week and multiple emails Fred responded that he wouldn't give even a partial refund and basically there is nothing he can do. I am extremely disappointed in his customer service skills and the fact that he clearly doesn't take pride in his work like his website falsely portrays. The birdhouse on his website look better than the actual house he was replicating, mine did not come out that way, between the sub-par brick detailing, broke piece of wood and uneven cuts in the roof that don't line up. I have attached photos comparing the samples of the detailing on his website vs. what I received. I am feeling very disappointed and just don't want anyone else to get their expectations up only to receive something not even close to quality work. Lastly, I asked Fred if he stands by his works on my birdhouse and if he would be willing to post the pictures of my birdhouse on his website and he never replied to my email and disregarded my question. I suppose I got my answer right there and that tells me that he realizes this wasn't his best work, but isn't willing to fix it. What makes me the most upset is how poorly I was treated and just ignored. No way to treat paying customers. Especially because writing this review was my last resort as I tried my best to contact the owner and work with him on making this right so we are both happily satisfied. I will not be doing business with him again.

grants64
4/16/19

Incredibly disappointed. Paid $350 for some dude to nail a couple pieces of plywood together.
The owner did not respond to direct complaints, but had not issue immedietely provided condescending responses to my Google review.

michaelt279
3/16/18

Hi. I ordered a birdhouse for my mother for her birthday! Great product. It did take a little time to arrive but with handcrafted that is expected. Can't thank you enough.

sarahh129
9/11/15

Luckily I located The Birdhouse Barn when trying to find someone to build a custom birdhouse for me. The owner Fred Heartley was extremely easy to work with and the ordering process was very easy!

I wanted a replica of my grandparent's house which was sold a few years back. I was so happy to find someone reliable and with the skills to create this beautiful birdhouse. I live all the way in TX and Mr. Heartley is from WV so I was a little worried about shipping something this delicate. However the house was packaged so well I think it could have fell from an airplane and still been okay. I would highly recommend Fred's services for the birdhouses and I already have a second order placed with him for a primitive TV stand I've been wanting. He makes a little bit of everything.

Great business!

Questions? Get answers from the TheBirdHouseBarn staff and other customers.

TheBirdHouseBarn?