Review of TaxACTOnline

Cedar Rapids, IA 52402-1284, US
reply@taxactonline.com

kellye17
5/18/15

I used to love taxact until they automatically charge you for Deluxe for $12.95. If you click on one deduction; even if its just to get more insight into how that deduction topic could benefit you; and then you click on a 2nd deduction topic , you're automatically upgraded to deluxe and you must pay with a credit card at the completion before they would allow you to e-file.

I reviewed other e-file sites that's 100% FREE and went with a different site.

murem
6/27/13

These guys are nasty sneaks. They use bait and switch claiming it will cost < $10 to efile both IRS and Ca state. I got to the end of the process, and TaxAct pops up a message that says my return is no longer free, instead it will cost $8 for Federal and $15 for California state to efile OR PRINT.

I was stuck, so I decided to just efile the Federal, then printed it and used that to free efile the state through the FTB website.

The interviews are also poorly structured and you get asked the same thing over and over again. Would not use again.

leonat
3/22/11

After paying for the return and looking at it, I knew something was wrong, I did it myself and had to pay $285.00 less then what taxact said I had to pay, and there is no way to contact them to try and get my money back, I would never use them again.

ur5
4/15/10

THIS IS THE WORST WEBSITE I'VE EVER USED IN MY LIFE. I'VE NEVER NEVER NEVER USED A SITE THAT'S SO $#*!ED UP THAN THIS $#*!HOLE SITE.

Questions? Get answers from the TaxACTOnline staff and other customers.

TaxACTOnline?