Review of TasteBook

1745 Broadway
Tel: 2454686 2314

tammyk83
9/5/18

I can't even give them a 1 star rating, this is so wrong that they deleted the recipe database. Hours, months and years of working on my recipe books just gone? Does anyone know if a lawsuit has been filed against them?

markz93
8/7/18

I don't even know what to say? I lost generations of recipes that took more years to put together than I care to think about. I never received any email notices. This is heartbreaking!

helena244
12/18/17

Epicurious - you are dead to me. I have nothing else to say. Encouraging people to upload personal recipes and then wiping them? Unbelievable. You should rot in hell.

debw40
11/19/17

I had a book I was working on , they are gone! hours, months years gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!pictures gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lindar241
11/10/17

I paid for more recipes than I had, hoping to add more. Just went to site to find out they have closed. So disappointed for those who got trapped in the unannounced closing and losing their work. All I lost was money.

ginnw
11/10/17

all my grandmother's recipes gone. not one email nothing telling me this site was going away. I cannt tell you how upset I am I have been working on this for so long maybe I have some scans somewhere but otherwise they are lost

micheled49
10/31/17

Is there another company picking up the tastebook recipe book - Ugg. I have a family heirloom created and now cannot get any updates.

kathyd63
7/3/17

Come on. I can see no longer printing pages for a format you longer support, but we need to get to the recipes we loaded onto our Taste Book page. Bummer. Bummer. Bummer. Not good customer service Epicurious.

bernadettew5
3/5/17

I had all of my favorite recipes, including family recipes saved on this site for years. I just went to pull one up and apparently the site doesn't exist anymore????? I am furious, what a terrible business practice for Epicurious. Very disappointing.

rosiee4
3/1/17

You'd think they would be able to at least do this?! I would have definitely done something if I had known.

karenf103
2/19/17

I am so luncky to have saved my family recipes hard copies. Until I finished the cookbook I figured better hold on to them just in case. Shortly after the holidays I went back to my cookbook. All gone! I think it is absolutely outrageous that tastebook never sent an email to its users. Unforgivable!! Recipes mean something to people. I am deleting and will never use epicurious again either. Horrible what they have done

ellenc44
12/20/16

Just discovered as have others that my recipes are gone. Never ever received any emails regarding the change to this site. I do have a hard copy but not with me!!!! Poor , poor communication on their part!not at all professional as I thought it was!!!!

Tip for consumers: Zero rating!!!!

debbieg55
12/18/16

I had copied hundreds of family recipies into several books I was creating on the Tastebook site. As the holidays are approaching, I've tried to access the site to find that Tastebook has been deleted along with recipies I can never get again!
Someone needs to take responsibility and get our recipies back ASAP!
Very poor taste indeed!

debim6
12/8/16

Tastebook is an appallingly horrible company that suddenly, and without warning, DELETED a cook book of been working on for a year. Including all my pictures, recipes, introduction and all my tedious detail of every recipe....GONE!!! I was making this cookbook for a Christmas present for members of my family, now all I did is lost forever. Their website said they apologized but wereally no long making Tastebooks. Really? No warNing, just gone. I couldn't believe it. They obviously had my email address and could have warned us they were taking their site down because since then they are plying me with spam email trying to sell me stuff daily. I have nothing but disgust for business tactics such as these. Perhaps their only goal the whole time was to build up an email database. They are definitely on my list of disreputable companies and I would never do business with them

michellec33
10/29/16

I was actually doing a search on tastebook to see if they had any new news since they got rid of their publishing piece of personal cookbooks earlier this year and came across this site of complaints about people losing all their recipes. DO YOU EVER CHECK YOUR EMAIL?!! I received at least 4-6 emails from Tastebook telling me my recipes were going to be deleted if I didn't download them from their site. I'm pretty sure it was like 6 months or more notice. Their site also had a banner FOR MONTHS telling people to download their personal recipes. This should not have been a shock to anyone. I still am sad and mad at Tastebook for doing this, and I still can't find a cookbook publisher that is anywhere as good with quality and format. In that regard I HATE tastebook for leaving us high and dry. I don't understand how they didn't make enough money from doing the books and how they are making more or enough money by just having some silly blog?!

linw185
10/26/16

LIke everyone else, I had hundreds of recipes on tastebook. I had created and sent several tastebooks to family and friends. Luckily I still have hard copies, but all of my recipes are gone on tastebook, without warning or communication. Big change to a blog format, but no respect for folks who were using the old format. I will not read your blog - tastebook is dead!

larriang
10/2/16

Like others I am shocked my recipes are completely gone!!! I was planning to order the books for my family this year and several of the recipes I no longer have printed copies of anymore that were passed down from friends now deceased. Those recipes were my connection to them and now its all gone. Horrible....horrible....the company MUST have the database available since they kept our emails to send constant messages about recipes they are pushing on the site. This is the worst type of experience....for you have destroyed my memories.

st14303
9/5/16

I am heart broken that my recipes were deleted without any warning from the company. This included special family dinner photos. I am reeling.

pennyl16
7/14/16

Our home was flooded and we lost a lot of things that were not replaceable. I went to the site to retrieve some of the recipes that were in a cookbook I was creating for family recipes. So now the damage is doubled. I can't get the recipes from them either. This is so upsetting.

lauries46
6/9/16

I expect Tastebook to get my family recipes in the mail to me pronto. I go to get a recipe off of my Tastebook page, only to find that it is gone!!! Unacceptable. I was going paperless, and now I have no copy of some of my most precious family heirlooms. I expect to hear from you TASTEBOOK. This is deceitful and terrible business practice. I am sure a lawsuit is coming.

dr959
5/19/16

So all the effort and time I have put into creating the pages of this book are lost? No notice. No warning.
I am beyond frustrated and believe me - I will not support your new version with my interest, time or money.

deanar3
3/18/16

I always thought their recipe books were WAY TOO expensive; however, one consolation was that I could easily find my recipes on their site--if I were grocery shopping and needed to check ingredients, for example. Well, not anymore! This is a ridiculous way to run a business. I never received word that they were closing down.

howardj17
3/16/16

As others in the same situation, I am quite upset that taste book has deleted photos, recipes and books that I spent much time creating. I was not alerted that this change would be coming until it was too late...and that was because I tried to log in...nothing was sent to me.

I am still able to access my recipes on my phone app, but I can not export them and I don't know how long that will even be available. The fact that they are still there though gives me hope that they still exist and hope that taste book can reopen all recipes and book collections for a time (with notice) to allow me to transfer them to another service they recommend.

This was no a professional way to handle this and I hope they can rectify.

deborahm77
3/11/16

I am very upset re: Tastebook. Like many others, I uploaded my family recipes and pictures. I just found out that my file can no longer be accessed. I did not receive any notice. I went to the site in December and did not see any notice that my recipes and photos would be deleted. I am very upset. I thought that this was a legitimate company that would behave in an ethical fashion. Obviously, I was mistaken. Some of these recipes cannot be replaced and I am very upset.

lindaf72
3/8/16

I spent over 80 hrs entering cherished family recipes and learned on approximately February 14 that they had stopped their service on January 30 and my RECIPES were no longer available. I don't recall EVER getting a message to this effect. I have written three times but get nothing but form letters. I have even offered to pay a fee! Is there any recourse that anyone can think of?

When buying a books at this site do I download the book to my computer/Ipad or it remains in the site?

By Margarita H.

Questions? Get answers from the TasteBook staff and other customers.

TasteBook?