Review of Swinton

Tel: 0800 072 9018
documents@swinton.co.uk

lyler23
9/16/19

I have rated it 1 star and have made a complaint which has been upheld. The problem was around the telephone operates not giving me the correct information regarding a document I required to process a claim. The claims department also have an options system on their answering service which did not fit my purpose and there was no option to talk to someone. However I am pleased that Swinton did uphold my complaint and said they would act on my suggestions and gave me a small compensation which I had asked for.

richardt12
6/30/12

Swinton have a very strange system.
I bought car insurance last year from them with their £40 cash back offer. I was initially happy with the deal as I CLAIMED my £40 cash back and received it (NOTE the claimed is in upper case letters).
I assumed, but was never told, that they add the £40 to the premium if you pay in instalments to cover costs if you cancel within 90 days.
How wrong I was. This year I decided to pay up front but they added £99 to my premium which they said I could CLAIM BACK after 90 days.
In effect, as I said to the Swinton Agent, you are demanding that I lend you £99 for 3 months interest free Of course there was reply to this.
My shock came when I met an ex employee of Swintons and was told by him that he resigned from Swintons because of he did not like the motive behind taking this extra money. He claims that, allegedly, up to 25% of Swintons clients were not claiming the money back.
At best Swinton are underhandedly borrowing money from clients.
Because of this i will never deal with them again.

garners
9/29/09

I think Swinton is a loads of **** never ever go with them.

Questions? Get answers from the Swinton staff and other customers.

Swinton?