SumUp

SumUp has a consumer rating of 3 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SumUp ranks 36th among Payment Processing sites.

How would you rate SumUp?

“Perfect for small business / starting out”

Jeremy N.
1/25/18

This card device is perfect. I was just starting my own business so I didn't know how much I was going to use it. There are no tie ins, a small handset price and a low transaction fee. I take my card reader with me and its small / easy to take in my bag for clients. Don't hesitate in getting one! You won't regret it.

“NEVER use Sumup. They defraud small businesses and you have no power to fight them”

Xiaoxia L.
4/19/18

NEVER use Sumup. They defraud small businesses and you have no power to fight them, because their Terms & Conditions are written to give them total power to exploit you. Check other reviews and youll see we are the norm and not the exception. Read their terms and conditions here https://sumup.ie/terms. - In Term 15, it said: We may at any time suspend or terminate and close your Account for any or No REASON at ANY TIME. What they dont tell you is that they will wait until there is at least 2,000 in your account first before they suspend you. AND following the effective termination of your Account you shall immediately pay SumUp all amounts owed by you under these Terms and we shall equally pay you all amounts owed by us under these Terms. Notwithstanding the aforementioned provision, we are entitled to withhold the Reserve until the Account is finally settled, including any potential Chargebacks, but in any case not exceeding thirteen (13) months after effective termination. Translated: this means they will withhold YOUR money for between 6 -13 MONTHS and thats exactly what they did to us. Heres my story, and you can find hundreds like me. We are a new, small Irish-based business that sells paintings - we just launched after investing substantial to purchase the paintings up front ie. Cash is critical to us. Sumup approved our application, sold us the card reader, processed the 1 test transactions and sent us the money within 24 hours as we selected daily settlement. Over the space of a week we made sales totally 2,200. As no payments appeared in our account, we contacted Sumup multiple times and were told *everything is fine - keep using the card reader - the payment will appear shortly. Then, disaster - we have been rejected as our business model does not meet their Terms & Conditions and we need to stop using the card reader. Massive inconvenience as we obviously dont have a backup solution. Now here is the unbelievable piece. Not only have they completely failed us as a supplier, but they refuse to give us OUR money for 6 months. I verified with them and they admitted that every single one of our card transactions were fully and successfully processed. This in my language is FRAUD. Where a large company bullies a startup is the worst form of malpractice. No doubt they will post a reply to this - but read around and youll see this is common practice for them. Do not use Sumup. My next stop is to bring this to the UK Financial Regulator - I will do my utmost to have their banking license reconsidered so that they cant passport it across Europe committing this fraud.

jeremyn16
January 25th, 2018

xiaoxial
April 19th, 2018

Questions? Get answers from the SumUp staff and other customers.

Only in April:? 29? Grow your business by accepting credit and debit cards with the NEW SumUp card reader! NO fixed contract! NO monthly fees! Easy, secure, and affordable card machine solution!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SumUp?

Have a question about SumUp?