SpeedDater.co.uk

SpeedDater.co.uk has a consumer rating of 2.16 stars from 48 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SpeedDater.co.uk also ranks 151st among Dating sites. The most common issues with SpeedDater.co.uk are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• in three weeks time, there was the mention "Hurry, there are 3 people
  • Paid for a singles party with Speeddater in London and a speed dating event.
How would you rate SpeedDater.co.uk?

“Top Quality Events”

Bruce C.
7/12/19

I went because I wanted to have a fun experience and was ready to start dating again. There are several different services offered and I found that the quality of people, the venues, and the hosts for the SpeedDater.co.uk events have always been tops. Ultimately it's still dating so the nights are never perfect; but I've always felt comfortable, had a great time, and I've made some great friends. Show up planning on having a good time and you will.

“Appalling”

Sara C.
3/11/20

I attended a speed dating evening event tonight only to find nobody else there. Nobody bothered to phone, text, email, WhatsApp, messenger, write, or FB me to let me know. Furious. When I phoned to find out what was going on, I was told I wasn't on the list and had been taken off it. I hadn't asked to be taken off and had already received confirmation I was on the list. I am left £120 out of pocket for the work I cancelled to make myself free for the evening and arrive on time; I also cancelled my regular sports session for this evening. Reading is just over half an hour's drive from my home and it takes a while to park there. If you also consider reaching the venue from the parking spot, you will appreciate an hour and a half to two hours tonight were spent getting to and from on an event that didn't happen. On the chat facility online, Nicole was pretty useless, simply refunding me the amount paid and was completely disinterested in giving me any compensation: she simply kept asking what else she could do for me. Some compassion, intelligence and suitable offer was expected but apparently too much to ask. I understand that if I do not attend an event, I forfeit the amount paid, yet this company do not reciprocate if they make an error. Scandalous. Do not use this company: they are disorganised and apathetic to the customers they are supposed to be helping. 'Slow dating' are better.

people (24) event (39) customer service (7)
nathaniels18
July 20th, 2015
Went to an event in Reading last month, and...

Positives:
1. Some really nice people there, had a fun evening and several of us found a date
2. The host was a lovely chap and made a clear effort to ensure we all had a good time
3. Had a customer service issue with Speed Dater (for another event), got in touch via email and social media, and was impressed by how quickly and satisfactorily it was resolved

Negatives:
1. £20 feels quite pricy for what it is, considering all that happens is that you're sat at a table for three minutes with your date and rotate round. That's it - no ice breakers or anything to make the mood more romantic etc.
2. The follow up process was a bit confusing - you need to log in the following day to tick who you want to see again from the event. This was mentioned during the event but with all the people you meet gets a little lost. Several of us who went together didn't receive the follow up prompt email for some reason.
3. The website is fairly basic (and you need to use this for the post-event follow up)

Verdict: Worth giving it a go, just remember to log in the day after your event and post your ticks...!

Questions? Get answers from the SpeedDater.co.uk staff and other customers.

No 1 UK dating site for the best speed dating & singles parties. Success guaranteed or next event is FREE! Busiest events, most eligible singles, free online dating trial.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SpeedDater.co.uk?

Have a question about SpeedDater.co.uk?