SpeedDater.co.uk reviews

Tel: +44-845-8385600
bar@speeddater.co.uk

taynord
7/15/19

It's probably legal and in their terms and conditions, but if you go to a single event, they will actually sign you up for a recurring monthly bill of £24.99. They are a disgustingly sneaky in this and you probably wont get your money back, but definitely drop them immediately.

Tip for consumers: Log in to your account and make sure you are not signed up for a recurring membership charge. It is NOT explicit... If you have a 'platinum' membership, then you WILL be charged after the 'free' trail month.

brucec310
7/12/19

I went because I wanted to have a fun experience and was ready to start dating again. There are several different services offered and I found that the quality of people, the venues, and the hosts for the SpeedDater.co.uk events have always been tops. Ultimately it's still dating so the nights are never perfect; but I've always felt comfortable, had a great time, and I've made some great friends. Show up planning on having a good time and you will.

christopherp301
7/5/19

I have been to one event so far and it was the most fun had in a very long time! The people at the party were funny and interesting. If you want to expand your social circle, meet attractive individuals, and possibly spark a connection, I suggest you give Speeddater a try.

keithw264
5/3/19

I paid for speedating in liverpool in april it got moved to july??
Then i get subscription of 24.99 do i have basically paid 50 pounds and not even been to one event, total rip off, now i have hassle to unsubscribe, but i lost 50 pounds.
So if they doing this to everyone they making lots money for doing nothing.

sharonl262
11/22/18

where is my refund I was told I would get back from the host as the event I attended did not have enough people turn up to make up equal numbers, every time I try ringing the number in Edinburgh no one answers, If I do not get my refund I will so shame SpeedDater.co.uk on every media website there is

davids1893
10/30/18

My event was in Manchester and it was overall a pretty poor event. For £20 I expect tables that don't wobble and chairs that are of a similar height! It was just so shoddily put together. The host herself was fine but she could have at least made the room comfortable. Some people were cramped in a corner and some were sat on the edge of a small wall table.

The website is horrible. They make it so hard to cancel your membership to their terrible dating service:

You need to go to the bottom of your account page, click on a small, hard to read bit of text, then click cancel membership, then you receive an email code that 'you need to enter next time you log into the site'! well I couldn't find anywhere to put this cancellation code! And I wasn't asked for it.

Eventually I just had to delete my account.

Besides all this the people participating in the event, both men and women, were very friendly, but I don't need to pay £20 to meet friendly people in a clumsy, cramped, uncomfortable environment.

anthonyc360
10/10/18

Paid for a speedating event. Wasn't told the location but would be told on day. On the day of event surprisingly got cancelled. Been trying customer service for a refund and surprise no answer. Stay away!

alisonf37
10/10/18

Awful awful .. take ur money ... hardly any guys there amidst too many women ... ages not properly given and after service crap ... can never get put through to customer services it plays crap music and then eventually just cuts you off !! I would honestly find a better dating company vis these are thieves .. wouldn't have given 1 star if didn't have to

paulc639
9/5/18

the contact numbers on the site don't work when i call to cancel my membership. I tried to cancel my subscription using the sites instructions but instead of actually canceling my membership they've sent me a massage saying they're going to send me a code some time soon but not yet, that i have to do something with. what a load of toss. i'm going to go to my bank and make sure they can't rob me. it is clearly there intention to rob me. if it wasn't they'd happily cancel my subscription. I've found myself in a scrap with some thieves for my cash. Thankfully my banks going to win this one for me because I'm taking the necessary action early enough against this scummy outfit.

barbarak118
4/10/18

Stealing money, automatically putting you on subscription and charging 24.99 GBP from your bank account every month!!!

ianj29
3/18/18

The speed dating events themselves are fine but the website is designed purely to con you. It automatically enrolls you to the website at £25 per month. To stop subscribing you have to go through several layers on the site to find the button which then sends you a code. Previously this worked fine but recently that code then cant be input anywhere so the only options are to delete your account or phone them.

If you are not signed up to the website you get constant messages, pokes, winks etc from people wanting to talk etc from fake profiles. As soon as you are signed up you do not receive a single one.

Each time you go to a speed dating event it resigns you up for the website even if you unsubscribed previously. I had a long argument with the staff about this and thankfully did get a refund but I would not recommend this site to anyone. Sure go speed dating but never accept the "free" month.

stuartr21
10/29/17

Met some fantastic people at the Bristol event last month, matched with a couple of them, all fine. A lot of people on here complaining about fake people turning up to events but everyone seemed genuine and friendly.

The website, however, is a shambles. Full of bots, scammers and randoms, it's basically unusable.

bapp6
8/15/17

Deceptively offer free membership when you sign for one of their events, this then renews deceptively to a monthly charge (not DD or standing order, all done from the original visa payment). I only spotted this after four months and after explaining that this was deceptive and illegal, received a partial refund but this was protracted, difficult and made more so by this company, who hide away the cancellation option on their website, requiring confirmation codes, emails etc.

That's without mentioning the scam emails, fake profiles and low turnout at the event, essentially paying £20 for a host and spot in a bar which they surely get free

Avoid avoid avoid these illegitmate scamming liars

peymana2
4/11/17

I signed up and thankfully didn't pay a penny. Immediately I started receiving messages about gorgeous women who had "winked" at me. Oddly enough they were all from the same town: Gosport. Now, either the ration of females to males in Gosport is so uneven or this is a scam. Having read some reviews about Speeddater, it all made sense. I am staying well away.

johns1696
4/7/17

went on a speedating event to find that they had only sold 4 female tickets and 10 male...(even thou they claim a 50/50 split)........was told that i could get a free ticket for another event but will be charged £5 for the privalege.........absolute rubbish

geraldl37
3/27/17

In just a few days I got like 50 emails and as many chat messages, obviously from scammers (unless 22 years old models are suddenly finding me attractive). The event was less than average - 3 min 30 sec to get to know someone is not enough and we just exchanged boring information like job or such. For all I know half of the girls there were scammers too anyway.

Also think carefully about what their "80% get at least one match" mean. It's fair to assume that 100% of women at these events get at least one match (unless there's some really big problem with them), so that's only 60% of men that get at least a match. And that still seems quite high, most likely speeddater is twisting the numbers further and really less than half of men get a match.

michaelf157
5/26/16

I went to a speed dating event recently in central London and left after an hour. Really disappointed with it. Half the women didn't even live in London (one was actually on holiday from America), most were overweight, and very few were professionals (one woman talked non stop about nandos). The rounds to chat to people are only 3 minutes which is far too short.

The bar itself is dire (its changed its name to Forge but used to be Apt). It was an utter waste of time.

maym18
3/24/16

Absolutely awful! The people were boring and so was the event. Went to one of their "sosial parties". Speed dating was at 8pm, the only reason I went to the party. I came to the speed dating area at 7.59pm and was told it was full and it had started. How ridiculous. Was told to book a later speed dating session. No way I was gonna sit alone in a corner for 2 hours waiting for the next speed dating session, so I left. I contacted customer service and they were rude and just had ridiculous excuses not to refund me. I was there 1 hour and was bored as hell! Waste of time and money! Very poor organisation. And rude staff. And boring people. No point going.

alexb143
2/16/16

I've been to a couple of the events and they have been fun. However the website is unusable as a dating site as it is full of scammers and webcam girls looking for business. The Speed Dater people haven't responded to my emails and don't seem to care about the problem. Don't pay for access to the website, go along to the event and get a telephone number from the person you like. Waste of time and money on the website.

balbinderd
1/29/16

Event the speed dating event are a SCAM. They hire pole dancer to pose as fake singles. They lie about what they do and tell you they will tick you yet you never hear of them again.
I googled the picture for one of the people and saw her "acting/modelling" profile.

What a CON.... AVAOID THESE Guys at all costs.

andyb67
8/31/15

The actual speeddating night was ok and to be expected, but when you get a match and you submit your ticks, you have to carry on messaging your matches through the website? Why cant you just get a mobile number of your matches, i know, so they can grab more money off you!

Its a con because if your 1 month subscription runs out before you get to the point of asking for a phone number, you cant carry on messaging your match unless you pay for another month? I also don't like the fact that you have to sign up to internet dating when you've signed up for speed dating?

It just feels very messy, i wont use them again.

jessicau2
8/18/15

the whole experience was really bad! just to pay for the event I had to call 3 times the customer service. They changed room and instead of being in a nice one we were in a ugly and small room without air con. Few of them apparently cancelled the profile before having the chance to rate them. Few of the girls thought some of them were actor, and in fact they had no profile! I am arguing to have a refund! Terrible! Definitely to avoid!!!

nathaniels18
7/20/15

Went to an event in Reading last month, and...

Positives:
1. Some really nice people there, had a fun evening and several of us found a date
2. The host was a lovely chap and made a clear effort to ensure we all had a good time
3. Had a customer service issue with Speed Dater (for another event), got in touch via email and social media, and was impressed by how quickly and satisfactorily it was resolved

Negatives:
1. £20 feels quite pricy for what it is, considering all that happens is that you're sat at a table for three minutes with your date and rotate round. That's it - no ice breakers or anything to make the mood more romantic etc.
2. The follow up process was a bit confusing - you need to log in the following day to tick who you want to see again from the event. This was mentioned during the event but with all the people you meet gets a little lost. Several of us who went together didn't receive the follow up prompt email for some reason.
3. The website is fairly basic (and you need to use this for the post-event follow up)

Verdict: Worth giving it a go, just remember to log in the day after your event and post your ticks...!

nigellat
3/14/15

Paid for a singles party with Speeddater in London and a speed dating event. There were very few people and the guys were really dodgy and desperate.
I logged in on their website and they charged me the following months for a subscription I never intended to sign up for. I tried to get my money back and they claimed that I had accepted their "terms and conditions"
I ended up calling my bank and canceling my card to stop the monthly billing.

yaroslavt
3/7/15

I visited a few events organised by Speeddater,but the results are poor due to badly organised system,:
First Complaint:You have only 3 minutes,this time is not enough for normal chat:
Second Complaint:Some events a too noisy and overcrouded
Third Complaint:After the event you have to go back online to tick the girl you like,and many girls dont even go online and do not tick anyone,as they forget or change mind next day.
Forth complaint:Events organised as friendly chat ,there is nothing romantic in there,co the events are not fit for purpose
Fifth complaint:Useless friend match column ,as much better if just "yes" or "no" field

PS.I think this event would be much better if the manager collected the sympathy cards after the event,and if the "yes" ticks coincide ,just sent phone number to the persons with mutual sympathy,so they could directly contact each other without middleman websites and memberships.Thanks

Questions? Get answers from the SpeedDater.co.uk staff and other customers.

SpeedDater.co.uk?