SpeedDater

SpeedDater has a consumer rating of 3.64 stars from 68 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. SpeedDater ranks 31st among Dating sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Paid for a singles party with Speeddater in London and a speed dating event.
  • The Speed Dater people haven't responded to my emails and don't seem to care about the problem.
How would you rate SpeedDater?

“Great fun”

Roland C.
12/22/20

It would be desirable to have a more narrow age brackets, 22 - 38 it quite wide. The event took a bit too long waiting for each date to be set up (although I appreciate it's tricky with this online set up). Also people held up with the event with their tech issues, they should be dealt with separately while everyone else can get on with their dates. Everything else is good. Great fun. Perfect after 3 months of lockdown.

“Terrible service and rubbish refunds policy”

L S.
8/28/20

Terrible service and rubbish refunds policy - would give 0 stars if possible! Cancelled in good time and they refuse to refund event price.

event (40) people (24) customer service (7)
jedc12
November 18th, 2020

It was well organised, but the registration/ice breaker part at the beginning of virtual event could have been more chatty and welcoming. Yeah to a degree, I think doing online events is always going to be tricky, I was hoping to stick around for a talk with the members I wanted to speak to, but I saw it being difficult, as you would have several people talking over each other. Be Good if you could all get a choice of rooms to join into after the 5min dates! Overall I enjoyed it!

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Jed, thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! We will definitely pass on your wishes to our technical team. Hope to see you at another event soon.

rolandc74
December 22nd, 2020

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Roland, thanks for the review! We will forward your comments to our product team. Hope to see you at another event soon!

julies1480
December 14th, 2020

Steve was great, he's a host worth going to another event for. The only reason this isn't 5 stars is because there were some technical teething issues beyond Steve's control. And I think that given the technology factor perhaps it might be worth giving every a little extra time as there were a few times when the lag meant we ran out of time without being able to really know if this is someone worth 'ticking'

Hi Julie,

Thanks for the review! We will forward your comments to our product team. Hope to see you at another event soon!

douglasc317
November 2nd, 2020

Fantastic, prompt date rotation. The host Steve was very professional and interacted very well with all the participants. Had a great time would like it to do it again sometime in the future. That's if I don't get a match from the first event thoroughly enjoyed every second! Thank you for putting this great event together

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Douglas, thanks for the review! The hosts do a really good job at making the night fun and relaxed. Hope to see you at another event soon!

ls489
August 28th, 2020

stuartr21
October 29th, 2017

Met some fantastic people at the Bristol event last month, matched with a couple of them, all fine. A lot of people on here complaining about fake people turning up to events but everyone seemed genuine and friendly.

The website, however, is a shambles. Full of bots, scammers and randoms, it's basically unusable.

bradneyc
March 10th, 2021

I really enjoy talking to everyone via virtual speed dating! Great that you split the men and women into different groups - it work much better that way. Maybe if you could try and find more people to take part. Also, maybe if you could organise for us to not just speed date, but also do an activity, such as answer questions together or something? Because it was rather short. Also, if there are only 8 women to see, why not make the date a bit longer - I found they were only maybe 3-4 minutes long. Why not make them 5 minutes therefore?

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Bradney, thanks for the review! We will forward your comments to our product team. Hope to see you at another event soon!

kellyd889
October 24th, 2020

It was a great fun with good people attending, but I feel slightly less positively about the number of people in the event (11 people, incl. Myself vs. 20+ in an in-person dating event I attended last year). Would be good to at least have 12-15 dates to feel value for money. Also should have more than 15 seconds count down, especially as there was some lags.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for positive feedback. We try to gather as many people as possible at one event, but due to the COVID pandemic, many difficulties arise. We will pass on your wishes to our technical team and will try our best to improve our virtual events.

freemanc13
March 18th, 2021

Best virtual speed dating yet! Claire is a gem! Met a beautiful woman. I hope she ticks me! Would highly recommend

Hi Freeman,

Thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event. Hope you found your soulmate!

sarac285
March 11th, 2020

I attended a speed dating evening event tonight only to find nobody else there. Nobody bothered to phone, text, email, WhatsApp, messenger, write, or FB me to let me know. Furious. When I phoned to find out what was going on, I was told I wasn't on the list and had been taken off it. I hadn't asked to be taken off and had already received confirmation I was on the list. I am left £120 out of pocket for the work I cancelled to make myself free for the evening and arrive on time; I also cancelled my regular sports session for this evening. Reading is just over half an hour's drive from my home and it takes a while to park there. If you also consider reaching the venue from the parking spot, you will appreciate an hour and a half to two hours tonight were spent getting to and from on an event that didn't happen.
On the chat facility online, Nicole was pretty useless, simply refunding me the amount paid and was completely disinterested in giving me any compensation: she simply kept asking what else she could do for me. Some compassion, intelligence and suitable offer was expected but apparently too much to ask.
I understand that if I do not attend an event, I forfeit the amount paid, yet this company do not reciprocate if they make an error. Scandalous. Do not use this company: they are disorganised and apathetic to the customers they are supposed to be helping. 'Slow dating' are better.

nathanielk35
May 6th, 2021

Unforeseen circumstances prevented this one from being great. Think the host needed a bigger flow chart :) He tried his best. Besides, an additional minute for each date would be great!

Hi Nathaniel,

frannyg
April 19th, 2021

I had fun! Mat was great, worked well with Zoom and break out rooms. Well organised and good use of technology to create a virtual event.

Hi Franny,

Thanks for positive feedback. The hosts do a really good job at making the night fun and relaxed. Hope to see you at another event soon!

evynt
March 2nd, 2021

Generally enjoyable and it's nice to have the drink demo. It was a shame that so few women attended and that there were so many connection issues. Not Speeddater's fault.

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Evyn, thanks for the review! Sometimes users do not come to the virtual events even though they bought tickets, so the number of participants may be small. We will do our best to avoid such situations in the future. Hope to see you at another event soon!

roryh43
December 6th, 2020

Mat was a great host, I think we were all a bit nervous at first but he made it really fun and relaxed. Maybe a slightly little more time per person, as we seem to spend 5 minutes talking about corona!

Hi Mat,

Thanks for positive feedback. The hosts do a really good job at making the night fun and relaxed. We will certainly forward your comments to our technical team. Hope to see you at another event soon!

elym13
January 7th, 2021

Lots of fun, great mix of people and well attended. It was really good and not too overwhelming by having too many people; 6 males and 6 females were good enough. Enjoyed the virtual event more than I expected, and appreciated the chance to talk with some of the attendees after the main experience was over.

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Ely, thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! Hope to see you at another one soon.

alisonf37
October 10th, 2018

Awful awful. Take ur money... hardly any guys there amidst too many women... ages not properly given and after service crap... can never get put through to customer services it plays crap music and then eventually just cuts you off! I would honestly find a better dating company vis these are thieves. Wouldn't have given 1 star if didn't have to

cellob
April 4th, 2021

I think it could have been organised more effectively though by making sure that everybody was sent the zoom link before the event.

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Cello, thanks for the review! We will forward your comments to our technical team. Hope to see you at another event soon!=)

antonint3
November 11th, 2020

Such nice lovely dates :) Very well organised. Great fun and lovely group, thank you I kept going off line and it would have been nice to chat with the girls while we were waiting. Had a brilliant time, would definitely go again!

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Antonin, thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! Hope to see you at another one soon.

taynord
July 15th, 2019

It's probably legal and in their terms and conditions, but if you go to a single event, they will actually sign you up for a recurring monthly bill of £24.99. They are a disgustingly sneaky in this and you probably wont get your money back, but definitely drop them immediately.

Tip for consumers:
Log in to your account and make sure you are not signed up for a recurring membership charge. It is NOT explicit... If you have a 'platinum' membership, then you WILL be charged after the 'free' trail month.

harmano
November 27th, 2020

Claire was a fun host, making everyone feel comfortable and happy:-) An additional minute for each date would be great! Just a shame that not everyone turned up. Which I know is out of your control. Was great to meet the people that did turn up though.

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Harman, thanks for the review! Sometimes users do not come to the virtual events even though they bought tickets... We will do our best to avoid such situations in the future. Hope to see you at another event soon!

laurenc548
April 27th, 2021

It was a good laugh! The only thing -there were long gaps between dates. Last Friday was slicker. However the company was good and the evening was overall good. The names don't seem to match for everyone that I met. Thanks

Hi Lauren,

Thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! Hope to see you at another one soon.

keithw264
May 3rd, 2019

I paid for speedating in liverpool in april it got moved to july?
Then i get subscription of 24.99 do i have basically paid 50 pounds and not even been to one event, total rip off, now i have hassle to unsubscribe, but i lost 50 pounds.
So if they doing this to everyone they making lots money for doing nothing.

marwind
December 30th, 2020

It was an amazing event. My first time on speeddating enjoyed it. Meg was great, the most efficient host and very professional, good food and a random thing to do during lockdown. Was good to meet new people and try something new.

Hi Marwin,

hernandod2
May 14th, 2021

Great virtual speed dating event, organised was excellent, lost power in the bedroom but the rest of the house was fine lights and everything and my laptop was fine. :)

Hi Hernando,

graisonh
August 29th, 2019

You sign up for one event and then you automatically become a member. This means in one month you are charged £25. So one speed dating event cost me £45!

Questions? Get answers from the SpeedDater staff and other customers.

At SpeedDater, we believe that chemistry happens only in person. You will never know if you’re truly compatible with someone until you meet face to face. This is what Speed Dating is all about. We offer busy professionals a great way to meet new people in a fun, safe and chilled environment. All that is required of you is a smile and an open mind, we will take care of the rest!

Business History

We were the first singles events site to launch in the UK, way back in 2002. Gosh, that makes us feel old! But with age comes wisdom and we are proud to have more experience running successful events than any other site. We've run over 10,400 events and introduced over 306,000 singles... WOW!

With competitors soon popping up and replicating our event formats, we established ourselves as the market leader in the sector by providing the biggest and best events in the UK's most stylish venues. We started in London and never looked back - SpeedDater now runs up to 70 events every month in 24 UK cities. We have more events, attendees and matches than ANY other site (by a long way!).

Our massive singles parties have become a firm favourite in the schedule, with around 250 eligible singles getting involved at each event. We also lead the industry in unique and niche events such as elite professionals, graduate professionals, older women for younger men, older men for younger women, Christian dating, wine tasting, quiz nights, cookery classes and more. You might see similar events elsewhere but never forget that you saw them here first!

Kate D.
Customer Service Representative

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SpeedDater?

Have a question about SpeedDater?