SpeedDater.co.uk reviews

Tel: +44-845-8385600
bar@speeddater.co.uk

joannw64
10/2/19
I was worried it was going to be really awkward but the hosts made sure everyone was at ease. The icebreakers did exactly what they should have and everyone was really friendly. I would definitely recommend speed dater events to any singles looking to meet others.
sharonc450
9/15/19
SpeedDater provides excellent speed dating services and parties for single people. I've been to a few of the events. It's perfect for busy professionals who have a tougher time meeting people because of their busy schedules.
graisonh
8/29/19
You sign up for one event and then you automatically become a member. This means in one month you are charged £25. So one speed dating event cost me £45 !
miket549
8/28/19
Went to an event that i paid £9 for. Lovely attendees but host was awful. I never liked anybody there enough to "tick" so that meant i got a free follow on event. The follow on event wasn't listed on their website yet so i had to wait until it was listed as when closing account, got message to say wont be able to use the credit.

Then a month later i get bank notification to say £25 taken from my account for a subscription to their awful dating site fo a month. Now the membership on their site had around 40 people on it. I wouldn't even call it a dating site! Contacted customer service who basically laughed in my face and emaile dme screen shots of where i had agreed to their T&Cs (which in small print say i also agree to subscribe to their rip-off dating site! On auto-renew!)

Dishonest firm - and like others have said, they don't have a conscience!

If you go to a single event, they will actually sign you up for a recurring monthly bill of £24.99. They are a disgustingly sneaky in this and you probably wont get your money back, but definitely drop them immediately.

Tip for consumers: Tip for consumers: Log in to your account and make sure you are not signed up for a recurring membership charge. It is NOT explicit... If you have a 'platinum' membership, then you WILL be charged after the 'free' trail month.

christief12
8/23/19
They makes sure to introduce you to others and makes you feel comfortable, especially if you go on your own, which I always do. The events are very well organized, and even if I don't find my match, I always have an enjoyable time meeting new people. I highly recommend giving it a try!
lukel55
8/17/19
The event was well-organized. Speeddater was a great way to meet new people. There were 2 girls I liked a lot and I matched with 1 of them, so I'm pretty excited because we have our first date tonight. I hope it works out. If not, I will definitely do it again.
mickeyw28
8/11/19
I thought this was a very well organized and put together speed dating event. The location was very nice and upscale and the quality of the matches was very good. I would recommend Speeddater to other single friends. It was overall a very pleasant experience.
ericac103
7/27/19
I wasn't sure initially about how I felt about the whole speed dating thing but had decided to give it a try. I found myself looking forward to trying it out. Well I'm glad I went. I had the chance to meet a number of different people. I may not have met my prince charming this time but I will definitely do this again at another events. It's definitely beats the online thing hands down!
laurab863
7/18/19
They have really fun events where you can meet people in a very organic manner. The people at the events are really interesting and they are looking to meet someone which is way better than just going to a bar or club. The events are well organized and generally creatively done. There are always new people to meet at each event, so the singles do vary from event to event.
taynord
7/15/19
It's probably legal and in their terms and conditions, but if you go to a single event, they will actually sign you up for a recurring monthly bill of £24.99. They are a disgustingly sneaky in this and you probably wont get your money back, but definitely drop them immediately.

brucec310
7/12/19
I went because I wanted to have a fun experience and was ready to start dating again. There are several different services offered and I found that the quality of people, the venues, and the hosts for the SpeedDater.co.uk events have always been tops. Ultimately it's still dating so the nights are never perfect; but I've always felt comfortable, had a great time, and I've made some great friends. Show up planning on having a good time and you will.
christopherp301
7/5/19
I have been to one event so far and it was the most fun had in a very long time! The people at the party were funny and interesting. If you want to expand your social circle, meet attractive individuals, and possibly spark a connection, I suggest you give Speeddater a try.
keithw264
5/3/19
I paid for speedating in liverpool in april it got moved to july??
Then i get subscription of 24.99 do i have basically paid 50 pounds and not even been to one event, total rip off, now i have hassle to unsubscribe, but i lost 50 pounds.
So if they doing this to everyone they making lots money for doing nothing.
sharonl262
11/22/18
where is my refund I was told I would get back from the host as the event I attended did not have enough people turn up to make up equal numbers, every time I try ringing the number in Edinburgh no one answers, If I do not get my refund I will so shame SpeedDater.co.uk on every media website there is
davids1893
10/30/18
My event was in Manchester and it was overall a pretty poor event. For £20 I expect tables that don't wobble and chairs that are of a similar height! It was just so shoddily put together. The host herself was fine but she could have at least made the room comfortable. Some people were cramped in a corner and some were sat on the edge of a small wall table.

The website is horrible. They make it so hard to cancel your membership to their terrible dating service:

You need to go to the bottom of your account page, click on a small, hard to read bit of text, then click cancel membership, then you receive an email code that 'you need to enter next time you log into the site'! well I couldn't find anywhere to put this cancellation code! And I wasn't asked for it.

Eventually I just had to delete my account.

Besides all this the people participating in the event, both men and women, were very friendly, but I don't need to pay £20 to meet friendly people in a clumsy, cramped, uncomfortable environment.
anthonyc360
10/10/18
Paid for a speedating event. Wasn't told the location but would be told on day. On the day of event surprisingly got cancelled. Been trying customer service for a refund and surprise no answer. Stay away!
alisonf37
10/10/18
Awful awful .. take ur money ... hardly any guys there amidst too many women ... ages not properly given and after service crap ... can never get put through to customer services it plays crap music and then eventually just cuts you off !! I would honestly find a better dating company vis these are thieves .. wouldn't have given 1 star if didn't have to
paulc639
9/5/18
the contact numbers on the site don't work when i call to cancel my membership. I tried to cancel my subscription using the sites instructions but instead of actually canceling my membership they've sent me a massage saying they're going to send me a code some time soon but not yet, that i have to do something with. what a load of toss. i'm going to go to my bank and make sure they can't rob me. it is clearly there intention to rob me. if it wasn't they'd happily cancel my subscription. I've found myself in a scrap with some thieves for my cash. Thankfully my banks going to win this one for me because I'm taking the necessary action early enough against this scummy outfit.
barbarak118
4/10/18
Stealing money, automatically putting you on subscription and charging 24.99 GBP from your bank account every month!!!
ianj29
3/18/18
The speed dating events themselves are fine but the website is designed purely to con you. It automatically enrolls you to the website at £25 per month. To stop subscribing you have to go through several layers on the site to find the button which then sends you a code. Previously this worked fine but recently that code then cant be input anywhere so the only options are to delete your account or phone them.

If you are not signed up to the website you get constant messages, pokes, winks etc from people wanting to talk etc from fake profiles. As soon as you are signed up you do not receive a single one.

Each time you go to a speed dating event it resigns you up for the website even if you unsubscribed previously. I had a long argument with the staff about this and thankfully did get a refund but I would not recommend this site to anyone. Sure go speed dating but never accept the "free" month.
stuartr21
10/29/17
Met some fantastic people at the Bristol event last month, matched with a couple of them, all fine. A lot of people on here complaining about fake people turning up to events but everyone seemed genuine and friendly.

The website, however, is a shambles. Full of bots, scammers and randoms, it's basically unusable.
bapp6
8/15/17
Deceptively offer free membership when you sign for one of their events, this then renews deceptively to a monthly charge (not DD or standing order, all done from the original visa payment). I only spotted this after four months and after explaining that this was deceptive and illegal, received a partial refund but this was protracted, difficult and made more so by this company, who hide away the cancellation option on their website, requiring confirmation codes, emails etc.

That's without mentioning the scam emails, fake profiles and low turnout at the event, essentially paying £20 for a host and spot in a bar which they surely get free

Avoid avoid avoid these illegitmate scamming liars
peymana2
4/11/17
I signed up and thankfully didn't pay a penny. Immediately I started receiving messages about gorgeous women who had "winked" at me. Oddly enough they were all from the same town: Gosport. Now, either the ration of females to males in Gosport is so uneven or this is a scam. Having read some reviews about Speeddater, it all made sense. I am staying well away.
johns1696
4/7/17
went on a speedating event to find that they had only sold 4 female tickets and 10 male...(even thou they claim a 50/50 split)........was told that i could get a free ticket for another event but will be charged £5 for the privalege.........absolute rubbish
geraldl37
3/27/17
In just a few days I got like 50 emails and as many chat messages, obviously from scammers (unless 22 years old models are suddenly finding me attractive). The event was less than average - 3 min 30 sec to get to know someone is not enough and we just exchanged boring information like job or such. For all I know half of the girls there were scammers too anyway.

Also think carefully about what their "80% get at least one match" mean. It's fair to assume that 100% of women at these events get at least one match (unless there's some really big problem with them), so that's only 60% of men that get at least a match. And that still seems quite high, most likely speeddater is twisting the numbers further and really less than half of men get a match.

Questions? Get answers from the SpeedDater.co.uk staff and other customers.

SpeedDater.co.uk?