SpeedDater

SpeedDater has a consumer rating of 3.35 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with SpeedDater most frequently mention great fun and new people. SpeedDater ranks 36th among Dating sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 83.3%

No positive highlights yet

• Paid for a singles party with Speeddater in London and a speed dating event.
  • The Speed Dater people haven't responded to my emails and don't seem to care about the problem.
How would you rate SpeedDater?

“Great fun”

Roland C.
12/22/20

It would be desirable to have a more narrow age brackets, 22 - 38 it quite wide. The event took a bit too long waiting for each date to be set up (although I appreciate it's tricky with this online set up). Also people held up with the event with their tech issues, they should be dealt with separately while everyone else can get on with their dates. Everything else is good. Great fun. Perfect after 3 months of lockdown.

“Terrible service and rubbish refunds policy”

L S.
8/28/20

Terrible service and rubbish refunds policy - would give 0 stars if possible! Cancelled in good time and they refuse to refund event price.

event (40) people (24) customer service (7)
jedc12
November 18th, 2020

It was well organised, but the registration/ice breaker part at the beginning of virtual event could have been more chatty and welcoming. Yeah to a degree, I think doing online events is always going to be tricky, I was hoping to stick around for a talk with the members I wanted to speak to, but I saw it being difficult, as you would have several people talking over each other. Be Good if you could all get a choice of rooms to join into after the 5min dates! Overall I enjoyed it!

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Jed, thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! We will definitely pass on your wishes to our technical team. Hope to see you at another event soon.

douglasc317
November 2nd, 2020

Fantastic, prompt date rotation. The host Steve was very professional and interacted very well with all the participants. Had a great time would like it to do it again sometime in the future. That's if I don't get a match from the first event thoroughly enjoyed every second! Thank you for putting this great event together

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Douglas, thanks for the review! The hosts do a really good job at making the night fun and relaxed. Hope to see you at another event soon!

rolandc74
December 22nd, 2020

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Roland, thanks for the review! We will forward your comments to our product team. Hope to see you at another event soon!

julies1480
December 14th, 2020

Steve was great, he's a host worth going to another event for. The only reason this isn't 5 stars is because there were some technical teething issues beyond Steve's control. And I think that given the technology factor perhaps it might be worth giving every a little extra time as there were a few times when the lag meant we ran out of time without being able to really know if this is someone worth 'ticking'

roryh43
December 6th, 2020

Mat was a great host, I think we were all a bit nervous at first but he made it really fun and relaxed. Maybe a slightly little more time per person, as we seem to spend 5 minutes talking about corona!

Hi Mat,

Thanks for positive feedback. The hosts do a really good job at making the night fun and relaxed. We will certainly forward your comments to our technical team. Hope to see you at another event soon!

elym13
January 7th, 2021

Lots of fun, great mix of people and well attended. It was really good and not too overwhelming by having too many people; 6 males and 6 females were good enough. Enjoyed the virtual event more than I expected, and appreciated the chance to talk with some of the attendees after the main experience was over.

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Ely, thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! Hope to see you at another one soon.

antonint3
November 11th, 2020

Such nice lovely dates :) Very well organised. Great fun and lovely group, thank you I kept going off line and it would have been nice to chat with the girls while we were waiting. Had a brilliant time, would definitely go again!

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Antonin, thanks for the review! We are really happy to hear you enjoyed your event! Hope to see you at another one soon.

marwind
December 30th, 2020

It was an amazing event. My first time on speeddating enjoyed it. Meg was great, the most efficient host and very professional, good food and a random thing to do during lockdown. Was good to meet new people and try something new.

Hi Marwin,

Thanks for positive feedback. The hosts do a really good job at making the night fun and relaxed. Hope to see you at another event soon!

kellyd889
October 24th, 2020

It was a great fun with good people attending, but I feel slightly less positively about the number of people in the event (11 people, incl. Myself vs. 20+ in an in-person dating event I attended last year). Would be good to at least have 12-15 dates to feel value for money. Also should have more than 15 seconds count down, especially as there was some lags.

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for positive feedback. We try to gather as many people as possible at one event, but due to the COVID pandemic, many difficulties arise. We will pass on your wishes to our technical team and will try our best to improve our virtual events.

brucec310
July 12th, 2019

I went because I wanted to have a fun experience and was ready to start dating again. There are several different services offered and I found that the quality of people, the venues, and the hosts for the SpeedDater.co.uk events have always been tops. Ultimately it's still dating so the nights are never perfect; but I've always felt comfortable, had a great time, and I've made some great friends. Show up planning on having a good time and you will.

lukel55
August 17th, 2019

The event was well-organized. Speeddater was a great way to meet new people. There were 2 girls I liked a lot and I matched with 1 of them, so I'm pretty excited because we have our first date tonight. I hope it works out. If not, I will definitely do it again.

ericac103
July 27th, 2019

I wasn't sure initially about how I felt about the whole speed dating thing but had decided to give it a try. I found myself looking forward to trying it out. Well I'm glad I went. I had the chance to meet a number of different people. I may not have met my prince charming this time but I will definitely do this again at another events. It's definitely beats the online thing hands down!

harmano
November 27th, 2020

Claire was a fun host, making everyone feel comfortable and happy:-) An additional minute for each date would be great! Just a shame that not everyone turned up. Which I know is out of your control. Was great to meet the people that did turn up though.

Kate D. – SpeedDater Rep

Hi Harman, thanks for the review! Sometimes users do not come to the virtual events even though they bought tickets... We will do our best to avoid such situations in the future. Hope to see you at another event soon!

nathaniels18
July 20th, 2015

Went to an event in Reading last month, and...

Positives:
1. Some really nice people there, had a fun evening and several of us found a date
2. The host was a lovely chap and made a clear effort to ensure we all had a good time
3. Had a customer service issue with Speed Dater (for another event), got in touch via email and social media, and was impressed by how quickly and satisfactorily it was resolved

Negatives:
1. £20 feels quite pricy for what it is, considering all that happens is that you're sat at a table for three minutes with your date and rotate round. That's it - no ice breakers or anything to make the mood more romantic etc.
2. The follow up process was a bit confusing - you need to log in the following day to tick who you want to see again from the event. This was mentioned during the event but with all the people you meet gets a little lost. Several of us who went together didn't receive the follow up prompt email for some reason.
3. The website is fairly basic (and you need to use this for the post-event follow up)

Verdict: Worth giving it a go, just remember to log in the day after your event and post your ticks...!

laurab863
July 18th, 2019

They have really fun events where you can meet people in a very organic manner. The people at the events are really interesting and they are looking to meet someone which is way better than just going to a bar or club. The events are well organized and generally creatively done. There are always new people to meet at each event, so the singles do vary from event to event.

christief12
August 23rd, 2019

They makes sure to introduce you to others and makes you feel comfortable, especially if you go on your own, which I always do. The events are very well organized, and even if I don't find my match, I always have an enjoyable time meeting new people. I highly recommend giving it a try!

andyb67
August 31st, 2015

The actual speeddating night was ok and to be expected, but when you get a match and you submit your ticks, you have to carry on messaging your matches through the website? Why cant you just get a mobile number of your matches, i know, so they can grab more money off you!

Its a con because if your 1 month subscription runs out before you get to the point of asking for a phone number, you cant carry on messaging your match unless you pay for another month? I also don't like the fact that you have to sign up to internet dating when you've signed up for speed dating?

It just feels very messy, i wont use them again.

christopherp301
July 5th, 2019

I have been to one event so far and it was the most fun had in a very long time! The people at the party were funny and interesting. If you want to expand your social circle, meet attractive individuals, and possibly spark a connection, I suggest you give Speeddater a try.

ls489
August 28th, 2020

sharonc450
September 15th, 2019

SpeedDater provides excellent speed dating services and parties for single people. I've been to a few of the events. It's perfect for busy professionals who have a tougher time meeting people because of their busy schedules.

stuartr21
October 29th, 2017

Met some fantastic people at the Bristol event last month, matched with a couple of them, all fine. A lot of people on here complaining about fake people turning up to events but everyone seemed genuine and friendly.

The website, however, is a shambles. Full of bots, scammers and randoms, it's basically unusable.

sarac285
March 11th, 2020

I attended a speed dating evening event tonight only to find nobody else there. Nobody bothered to phone, text, email, WhatsApp, messenger, write, or FB me to let me know. Furious. When I phoned to find out what was going on, I was told I wasn't on the list and had been taken off it. I hadn't asked to be taken off and had already received confirmation I was on the list. I am left £120 out of pocket for the work I cancelled to make myself free for the evening and arrive on time; I also cancelled my regular sports session for this evening. Reading is just over half an hour's drive from my home and it takes a while to park there. If you also consider reaching the venue from the parking spot, you will appreciate an hour and a half to two hours tonight were spent getting to and from on an event that didn't happen.
On the chat facility online, Nicole was pretty useless, simply refunding me the amount paid and was completely disinterested in giving me any compensation: she simply kept asking what else she could do for me. Some compassion, intelligence and suitable offer was expected but apparently too much to ask.
I understand that if I do not attend an event, I forfeit the amount paid, yet this company do not reciprocate if they make an error. Scandalous. Do not use this company: they are disorganised and apathetic to the customers they are supposed to be helping. 'Slow dating' are better.

joannw64
October 2nd, 2019

I was worried it was going to be really awkward but the hosts made sure everyone was at ease. The icebreakers did exactly what they should have and everyone was really friendly. I would definitely recommend speed dater events to any singles looking to meet others.

mickeyw28
August 11th, 2019

I thought this was a very well organized and put together speed dating event. The location was very nice and upscale and the quality of the matches was very good. I would recommend Speeddater to other single friends. It was overall a very pleasant experience.

alisonf37
October 10th, 2018

Awful awful. Take ur money... hardly any guys there amidst too many women... ages not properly given and after service crap... can never get put through to customer services it plays crap music and then eventually just cuts you off! I would honestly find a better dating company vis these are thieves. Wouldn't have given 1 star if didn't have to

Questions? Get answers from the SpeedDater staff and other customers.

At SpeedDater, we believe that chemistry happens only in person. You will never know if you’re truly compatible with someone until you meet face to face. This is what Speed Dating is all about. We offer busy professionals a great way to meet new people in a fun, safe and chilled environment. All that is required of you is a smile and an open mind, we will take care of the rest!

Business History

We were the first singles events site to launch in the UK, way back in 2002. Gosh, that makes us feel old! But with age comes wisdom and we are proud to have more experience running successful events than any other site. We've run over 10,400 events and introduced over 306,000 singles... WOW!

With competitors soon popping up and replicating our event formats, we established ourselves as the market leader in the sector by providing the biggest and best events in the UK's most stylish venues. We started in London and never looked back - SpeedDater now runs up to 70 events every month in 24 UK cities. We have more events, attendees and matches than ANY other site (by a long way!).

Our massive singles parties have become a firm favourite in the schedule, with around 250 eligible singles getting involved at each event. We also lead the industry in unique and niche events such as elite professionals, graduate professionals, older women for younger men, older men for younger women, Christian dating, wine tasting, quiz nights, cookery classes and more. You might see similar events elsewhere but never forget that you saw them here first!

Kate D.
Customer Service Representative

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SpeedDater?

Have a question about SpeedDater?