Review of SnapDeal

Tel: +91 92126 92126
mediarelations@snapdeal.com

raghvendrad
4/3/15

Very bad service of snapdeal I buy one micromax 50 inches led from Snapdeal site he is not able to satisfied to the customer. He taken 15 days and commit to customer but finely not dispatched the product.
Spacialy his customer service is very bad and he don't have knowledge how to provide the solution to the customer every time repeating the same word to the customers.
Thanks
Raghvendra.

pankajt2
2/27/15

Worst Shopping site , no deals , goods out of stock did not delivered my order

vivekp1
2/11/15
salonis
1/29/15

I had ordered a phone cover combo pack twice.First the order was canceled from snapdeal's end after shipping the product as product was not available in their warehouse.Second time,Wrong product was delivered So I had to cancel it,later on the price was increased from 299 to 399.Also,the canceled order money has not been refunded since 1 month

Tip for consumers: at least maintain some log of complaints. Dont log them just for the sake of logging

aakasho
1/10/15

I have ordered twice from Snapdeal and they are just horrible. Once they did not deliver the product and returned my money after 30 days!!! Second time, they sent me a fake product. Never buy from Snapdeal. Please protect yourself. Go for flipkart or amazon.

Tip for consumers: Just avoid for your own good

bheeshamk
12/31/14

I have two bad experienced in the past for last two transactions. SNAPDEAL.com is PATHETIC. THEY claim to be the india BIGGEST ONLINE SHOPPING PLACE but it's more than worst. One the first transaction, I never received the item which I ordered and after my contact to them after 15 days they told me that it will be delivered in few days as there was too much rush during Diwali Festival and then after 15 days they told me that the item cannot be posted so I claimed refund. Then I ordered another product which delivered but not as per delivery terms. I was happy atleast I got the item. The item didn't work fine so I initiated refund, the item was not picked up for a week and after I contacted their customer support, the pickup man came after 3 days. They received my item back on 17th December and the money was supposed to be given back to me in 3-5 working days but till now I didn't get the money. When I called the Snapdeal, they told me that my refund is not even processed still(1st Jan 2015) and they told they may still take a week to process my refund.

IT's CRAP and CHEATING from one of the INDIA's Biggest ONLINE MARKET PLACE. DO NOT SHOP ON SNAPDEAL.

Please don't remove my feedback, it's for the public awareness.

supamc
12/31/14

As we can see, India is flooded with numerous e-commerce business, it is very hard to pick up which are reliable and which are waste services.

After my experience with Snapdeal in ordering a SanDisk Pen Drive in December, 2014, I don't know how to express the nightmare. I would only say, Snapdeal is the worst in almost every category. In this review I will explain every possible fact I learnt about this unreliable and irresponsible service which has become a brand by doing foul business.

Intro:

I ordered a SanDisk 16GB pen drive on 22nd December, 2014 with the price tag of Rs.558. Before ordering I checked if my selected PIN code is included in their deliverable list. Positively, their website showed it could be delivered within 7-8 working business days. I was more than happy and excited.

Disappointingly, they could not provide Cash on Delivery option on my location, so I had to make full advanced payment either by Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking system. Among these options, I paid via my SBI Debit Card. Then, I had to provide a proper shipping address. Since I stay in Tripura state of the North East India it could not be delivered within 1-2 days as it is possible in metro cities. No issues, without any thinking I provided my shipping address.

They assured me to deliver it by 29th December. But as of today, 31th December, the item is still pending in the dispatched state, and it has not yet been updated in the shipment track record.

Snapdeal Website:

O god, the website is so terrible in its design and styles. Most of the times while loading a page it hangs for few seconds, which does not happen with Flipkart, Infibeam or Amazon websites. Another annoying feature of their website is in one's active account. Every time the page loads, the active user account takes time to get updated or sometime one has to click on My Account to refresh it. Such a disappointing user interface of Snapdeal's website. Its web designer must be the most stupid one.

Customer Support Review:

This is the most pathetic of all the services. I cannot understand when Snapdeal will realize that customers are its main sources for their survival. Without customers their business would be ruined at any second. But, customers have many other sources to buy their desired products rather than depending on Snapdeal.

Every time you wanted to contact customer support, you would need to overcome various sections and steps to reach to the main page of the contacting option. This is freakingly irritating. If you visit Flipkart or Amazon websites, you will find a very convenient link to directly contact with the support team.

Besides, whenever you mail or call their support team, they are always ready with a silly excuse, such as "Please bear the inconvenience caused to you" or "Your order will be dispatched soon" or "Your shipment is escalated". Surprisingly, you will receive the same responses even when you contact them for the tenth time after they failed to update your order.

The most appropriate Hindi word for this is " ghatiya ".

Delivery Location Facility:

One thing which both Snapdeal and Amazon have similarity is their false promises of delivery to remote location PIN codes. Even if the delivery courier service is not available in these particular PIN codes, they will convince you to be possible. The reason is nothing but to survive by cheating the customers. It is because, if customers don't find their product is deliverable they will go for alternative options of buying them or buy from direct retailers. And it will cause a loss for Snapdeal and other similar e-commerce services. And Flipkart is a big winner in this case because it clarifies on the first step if the item is available for delivery at a specific PIN code.

If they can convince the customer to make the order, Snapdeal's next trick is to collect the money without COD option.

Thumbs down, Snapdeal. You are pathetic in this category.

Refund:

Oops, I still regret of why I ordered the SanDisk pen drive when there was no option for COD. Rs.558 is simply lost from my life, which is very hard to earn. None will pay you any penny unless you are a beggar. For a beggar it will take almost a forthnight to earn Rs.558 from others, but Snapdeal earned it within a second from me. Now, even if I contact them for refund, they don't reply but only a silly excuse as mentioned above.

Returning Customer:

First impression is always the last impression. Yes, it's true for me. I'M NEVER RETURNING as a customer again throughout my life until Snapdeal becomes the No.1 e-commerce in India(which is never going to be if they fraud with customers).

Since this is my first and last order on Snapdeal, I cannot review the category of Product Authenticity, because I have not received my ordered item yet.

Please, remember the above reviews before you face similar experiences with Snapdeal.

Stay away from Snapdeal. It will save you from headache.

Regards.

Supam CB

Tip for consumers: Exposed: How Snapdeal is Running its E-commerce

mohammadp8
12/21/14

Friends !!! The worst online shopping website I ever used is snapdeal.com. Their online shopping app is a more worse feature they have added to their useless bundle. It simple cannot forward requests to their database neither it can help you cancel your orders.

I made a purchase on 10 nov 2014 for which the payment was struck up at gateway.I had to call their customer care to tell about my order. They took my order request and amount was debited to snapdeal. They assigned me some order id 3494980061. I waited for the order to be processed but found that my order was not processed. Hence I raised a request for order cancellation on 14 nov 2014. Their unhelpful website as well their app were not accepting my cancellation request and reported error every time I placed the cancellation request.
Finally I called the customer care and reported the issue. They took my request again and started processing it.
I Mohammad Pasha, a Research Scholar persuing my doctorate in Information Technology and a Professor by profession, I do not know what in this world is needed to cancel an odrer other than just clicking a button.

The Whole snapdeal team is working for the last 40+ days canceling my order. Even today I call them they report that they are trying process my cancellation request.

Upon regularly posting my query to their customer care they started informing me that something went wrong at the seller's end. I have confirmed with the seller (RDP workstation pvt. ltd.) and found that no order was forwarded to them. Thus found that snapdeal is playing games on customer payments by not forwarding the requests to sellers.

Their policies like the trusted pay are of no use to me. Inconsistent companies like these are mostly in satisfying customers and are certain to forgo their business and should learn from global leaders like Amazon where refund to the customer is made upon the slightest of issues reported.I reported the incident/ lodged a complaint to the Police authorities and waiting for my refund.

What I learnt from snapdeal.com is that we cannot trust local players who deny the customers even the basic right of cancelling the order request.

Mohammad Pasha
ph. 919700464925.

chinnaic
10/17/14

I wish to share my experience of buying from SnapDeal. I placed an order with Snapdeal portal. Frankly speaking it was a gift to my mother on Diwali, who loves Gardening dearly. So, after exploring a bit I decided to place order with SnapDeal, solely because mine was a SD(SnapDeal fulfilled) order not seller fulfilled. I trusted that the Snapdeal will uphold the trust that it so boldly publicizes all over multiple medias. Seems my biggest mistake was I choose SnapDeal and then my ordeal of suffering began.

I inadvertently gave a wrong contact number for my order. When I realized that I immediately contacted SnapDeal, but I received a mail saying the contact number cant be changed.

The first estimated delivery date was 12th Oct and when the product was not delivered till 12th Oct, I contacted their customer care, who didnt had a clue and just kept parroting the same thing over and over again like a chant - Ma'm it will be delivered soon.

After waiting for another 2 days, I contacted the Snapdeal team via message, and informed them that package is still not delivered. I was supposed to get a response in 48 hrs but got no reply. In the meanwhile I also contacted SafeExpress(the courier) on my own and gave them 3 alternate contact numbers. Even they assured they will get package delivered soon but nothing happened and even they didnt pass on the correct contact information to destination office.

I waited for another 2 days but still delivery did not happen and so posted a complaint again. I contacted SafeExpress once more and they gave me the number of associate courier in the delivery area(ideally they should sort out such things on their own, instead of passing on the burden to us). I contacted the destination office person who was very rude and non-cooperative and he literally advised me to cancel the order as he was ready to send product back. It makes me wonder, is this the kind of service we should expect from a company like SnapDeal. In first place product doesn't get delivered, then customer care don't respond/resolve problem in the committed time and lastly they have tie-up with couriers which have such low-level of service. They dont even know how to talk to customers and literally shout and dont listen.

I am filing for Chargeback with my bank and will recover money from them.Please DONT BUY FROM SNAPDEAL if you dont want to loose your peace of mind.

mandeeps2
9/22/14

There are sellers who sell duplicate and non authentic products under the name of reputed companies. I had brought the matter to notice of the site customer support as I was sold a Transcend Ram 4BG, which was made by another company and not any companies listed by transcend, the packing was also seemingly real.
Even after making the complaint, they did not do anything about it. They were not able to send me an original product, rather they cancelled my deal.

tm44
8/28/14

SNAPDEAL FRAUD for Order Nbr. 2569404318 / Request #8484439

TV Not working on delivery and NO Refund/Exchange despite innumerable calls to customer service. Had paid money online & since then there's been No response whatsover except a couple of robotic emails/ customer rep saying 'we are looking into this'. This is UNacceptable and the company must be punished for malpractises and utter incompetence. How can they take the customers money and then NOT deliver the right product and keep delaying on 'purpose', which I am 100% sure is the case looking at the attitude/robotic replies of customer reps. I am sure that

1.SNAPDEAL does NOT have a working product available on short notice due to their network of SHADY/SUBstandard sellers and merchandisers who sell fake/used/defective/stolen products.

2. They take customer's money today and promise to deliver a product within say 2-5 days, and then keep delaying for months until customer is fed up of calling again and again and cancels and demands refund as per their immoral TrustPay guarantee. They then take another month to return the money which they have to legally anyways someday or the customer can actually sue. Now by this stage, they have kept your money for couple months and earned INTEREST on it; while you tear your hair apart.

I have shopped online extensively in the US in the past 7-8 years and now here in India in the past year. Its safe to say THIS HAS BEEN MY WORST ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCE EVER.

The Number of online complaints and pleas for help I see is something I havent seen before for a company that is supposedly One of India's recent times internet success stories. I think Its easy to ride the wave of increasing internet reach in India currently and quicky rise as a company, but very difficult to sustain it in the longer run with these kind of operations and unethical behavior.

I refuse to believe that someone senior in the company hasnt seen or is not aware of the sheer number of complaints and the kind that would figure in peoples 'most horrible experience' lists. And if they have seen it, then why do these complaints keep getting more and more as each day passes. Arent corporations supposed to atleast make an effort to better themselves. What kind of business are you running? Is the company moto ONLY to earn money at customers expense. To hell with return customers huh?

I have been doing some online research specifically on snapdeal reviews and the kind of complaints compared to other sites such as amazon india, flipkart..and I see the difference. Its quite an eye opener. And kind of a scam.

Dear Snapdeal - Yes, you are one of India's recent internet success stories. But you are also operating a scam. Making a quick buck and fooling customers.

Remember the Internet is forever. Whatever's written on here is your history and legacy. And the lakhs (maybe millions) of rants and complaints and desperate pleas for help plastered all over the internet by cheated customers will come back to bite you someday when it really matters.

You made a joke out of something as simple as online shopping.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY

rajatp1
6/21/14

Worst website, pathetic service. Not recommended at all.
I ordered refrigerator worth 20k, after following up with them for 10 days, product delivered to me after 15 days, committed days were 7-10 days.
Above all the product delivered was a wrong product. What can be worst then that???
Don't buy anything from this website.
They are fooling people, cheating them.
Very very poor customer satisfaction.
Guys beware to buy anything from them.

binitas
5/20/14

worst courier service.
est deleviery date is 17 Mya 2014 but till 20 May 2014 EOD no product is received.

onlinec2
5/6/14

Dear Manish,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We care about your grievance, and your complaint has been noted and is currently being worked upon by our team. We would like to know more about your problem and its details. Please share your contact details and complaint description with us at writetous@snapdeal.com, mentioning your order ID in the subject line of the mail.
Thank you for cooperating.

Regards,
Snapdeal Online Team

manishg3
5/6/14

SNAPDEAL IS A CHEAT SITE IT OFFERS LOW RATES ON SITE & WHEN SOME BUDDY BOOK IT THEY KEPT HIM WAITING FOR 10/12 DAYS AFTER SO LONG TIME OF FRUSTRATION WHEN WE CONTACT THEIR HELPLINE THEY ARE VERY EAGER TO CANCELLED THE ORDER & IF YOU ORDER AT HIGHER RATE THEY DELIVER YOU THEIR MODES OPERAND IS THEY SHOWS TWO RATES FOR ONE PRODUCT ONE IS LOWER & ONE IS HIGHER & DUE TO LOW RATE OF PRODUCT CUSTOMER ATTRACT & BOOK THE ORDER BUT THEY DON'T DELIVER LOWER PRICE PRODUCT & KEEPS CUSTOMER WAITING FOR 10/12 DAYS THEN CUSTOMER GETS FRUSTRATION & CANCELLED ORDER THEN THEY OFFER THEM TO BOOK AT HIGHER RATE & THEY DELIVER IT QUICKLY

hemants
3/7/14

Hi to all buyers,

I will never suggest you to buy form snapdeal. I purchased 2 HP pendrive form here.
First I received 2 packets on 2 different day.(what a shipping...).
Next I received one of them faulty pendrive & I also found that it is not that which I ordered.
Then I raise complain as they show TRUST PAY (never trust on it).. after 2 days no response, I called/ email multiple times but they

always told me "they are working on it and revert withing 48 hours" After 20 days I received a call from them, they told me they are

refunding my amount (I feel ok , that's fine) BUT I was wrong, In evening they told me that pen-drive is branded product and I have

to go service center..
Here is not story end... Now turns to HP service center.... I gone one of them, they send me to another one, and after the 4th

service center agreed to replace my pen-drive.
Now tomorrow I get my working pen-drive (still I am not satisfy because this is not which one I ordered, But I need it in urgent...)
Summery : If I have to go then why I purchase online... :-(
for the wrong product and faulty product
Hemant Singh ( Order: 1681600930) ---complain no : 5084677

walterh20
2/27/14

Snap Deal does indeed have some amazing deals on clothes and electronics. But they are a marketplace so your shopping experience is not very consistent. Also they are based in India which can also present some challenges. So again use caution but hunt around for a while on Snap Deal and if you feel like taking a chance, make a purchase!

nishitk
2/1/14

Damn bad experience...i ordered a USB mouse on 23rd of January and now its February and still i haven't received it..i could have bought from other websites but i trusted this website and what i get it THIS.. i am very disappointed...also my cousin had ordered headphones a couple of months ago and the headphones that came were faulty so he e- mailed them...it took them weeks to respond..were poor service is offered by the website... now i can buy the same product on other website but i can't cancel it here on SNAPDEAL

geetikac
1/22/14

Absolutely horrible service... I recieved a broken chimney after 15 days of order and they took inumerable calls to reverse pick it and then there is no news of the refund. I will not recommend anyone to buy from snapdeal

justind33
6/25/13

Got my money back but was disappointed of not receiving the goods after repeated extension of the deadline

johns191
1/15/12

I can't give ZERO stars

I used this medium to save time and money. When when I have received the product, it is not working properly and customer service says that I need the go to service center because vendor (micromax) has delivered the phone, and snapdeal is just a medium of purchase. Very bad experience, I have paid full amount and now I search for service center, waste my time and money and headache that I have received used phone... snapdeal is only interested in earning .... they don't care for their customers

Reshmi, I believe you already got your answer. Just to reiterate all, just click pictures of damage products and sent is across to their complaint cell. I am sure you have to take so many follow ups. In the meanwhile you can contact consumer court if SCRAPDEAL team didn’t reply in the said time. Make sure, if you want to approach court to sue them then you need to carry proper proofs like picture of damage product, calls/sms or email copies which shows that you contact snapdeal in stipulated time as per their return/damage policy etc. Also you can post few negative comments on other social networking sites with pictures.

By Trisha S.

Yes I agreed, I purchased a vans shoe. It is a local product. I not satisfied with snapdeal product. This is a fraud app.

By Sabith k.

Well, it is waste of time because I have purchased Nike shoes on June 2, 2019, as they have sent the wrong shoes and I return back, they want me to refund my money, till date hasn't refunded my money, as they keep asking the bank details though I have provided everything. They keep asking for my bank statement, though I have purchased the item or product on COD ..cash on delivery, as I have provided the bank account number, IFCS code, branch code. They are just playing sending emails saying send them bank statements in PDF file only. There is no customer care to speak as they have an automated message on the phone when you try to call customer care. Hopeless service and these people are spam, I think I need to complain about consumer court. Snapdeal is a big spam..A big Zero rating.

By SYEDALI j.

When i have purchased the product through cash on delivery, why I should send my bank statement. Though I have send all my bank details still I'm getting a stupid reply asking the same..what a bull$#*! service and refund policy

By SYEDALI j.

Questions? Get answers from the SnapDeal staff and other customers.

SnapDeal?