Review of Shazam

Tel: +1-208-742-6820
northamericasales@shazam.com

ronh255
11/26/18

I used to enjoy being able to link to Google play after listening to a song. Now it's just stupid iTunes. Does anybody still use that? I have to find an alternative. This sucks bad.

emilyb241
8/10/18

I really like Shazam if I don't know the name of a song and I like it. It connects to my Spotify also so I can add it to one of my playlists.

omryo
7/20/18

No matter what's wrong with your Shazam app, you wouldn't have anyone from there teems to help you...

Situation in which you find answers at there FAQ's or you Screwed.

Thanks for nothing

cozettes
1/27/18

I LOVE SHAZAM AND I WANT TO SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD! you can just listen to any song you want and it will just save right on to your spotify its remarkable i love you

lorenzop16
1/12/18

I was very happy when my son showed me this app.It is amazing how this app helps you to find out about any kind of music it's playing.I couldn't believe .Thank you.

kasrats
2/9/17

I think Shazam is not bad at all, but it could be better at the time to listen from a far away distance

nicholek1
12/27/16

Shazam can pick up songs from my neighbors next door! And they're behind a thick wall! And they play music at normal volume, not like it's roaring all over the place! I think Shazam is one of the best app ideas ever.

katiey9
12/22/16

Siri can recognize songs better than Shazam! Like, I was in a bar and there was thi ages-old song by Avril Lavigne, and Shazam couldn't ick it up. What can I say? I'm disappointed.

johnn997
10/19/16

I thought this app might be really useful in identifying some tracks I'd heard. Forget it. Unless you're into mainstream pop Shazam is completely dumb. It even struggles with well known hits from the recent past. As for old blues songs or movie themes etc. No chance. In other words it can only recognise stuff that is screamingly obvious anyway. Deleted it and got on with my life.

nancyd87
7/15/16

Has never identified one song yet I have tried over and over and over with the music loud and it still says cannot identify it doesn't work worth a damn

karlh17
11/14/15

Was watching a football game today and an ad came on to shazam this ad to get a free coke zero. Of course the app says cannot record another app is using the microphone. Powered down, restarted. No other apps running. The Speedway by my house sends me coupons for stuff the don't stock. It's cheap to give away stuff you don't have! Uninstalled shazam.

Response from Shazam S., Shazam Representative
Hi Karl, I'm sorry to hear you had trouble with our app when trying to shazam for a free coke zero. I do hope you've not already uninstalled the app and if you haven't could you please let me know which device you were using?
maryh140
11/11/15

I remember 10 years ago holding my phone up in a loud restaurant and impressing my friends with the way Shazam could identify a song. Now I can stand two feet away from the speakers and after a minute of waiting I get the Sorry we couldn't quite get that message....and this is on artists like Lucinda Williams, Richard Thompson, and dozens of other artists. 75 percent of the time the song isn't recognized by Shazam. There's no way I would pay for that service. It's apparent they're just trying to sell their little games, etc. The actually, from a technological standpoint, they suck.

Response from Shazam S., Shazam Representative
Hi Mary, I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with our app and are no longer have faith in us to provide you with the right info. If you'd be interested we'd love to hear your feedback - support@shazam.com
simonp22
4/2/14

Shazam is so great, anytime I listen to a new song I need to shazam it. Thumps up.

mikes155
3/28/13

This site is so cool, one of the best ideas for a site ever!
It made my life so much easier

cathym19
11/15/12
tn1
1,587 helpful votes
2/21/11

I recently returned from nearly 4 years of living abroad and was excited to have access to updated music again. A friend of mine told me about Shazam as a tool to use for identifying music I hear in public. Oftentimes I find myself hearing a good song in a sushi bar or hipster clothing store and trying to remember the lyrics to go home and google - so this seemed like a good solution since I now own modern technology - a phone.

Shazam is okay, but it's not as useful as SoundHound, which can identify all the songs that Shazam can't. Out of the last 10 songs I've wanted to identify, Shazam could only do 6 of them, while Soundhound picked up the rest of the work. I'll probably just do away with Shazam and stick to Soundhound.

jennifera
5/27/10

This application is amazing. Ever heard a song in a bar that reminded you of good times?? This is such a cool app.

aaronh2
5/26/10

Just picked up an ipad and the first app I downloaded was of course Shazam. Very well done and they make great use of the additional screen real estate. Still works as well as it does on the iphone.

ralphb
1/7/10

I switched from the pathetic service of AT&T and my crappy iPhone to verizon and droid and the one app that I wanted droid to have was Shazam. It works even better on android than the iPhone. Even if you are not a music lover, you will find a use for shazam at some point, just download it cause it is free.

hopem
12/20/09

Cool site. I don't have an iphone but I can see the appeal of doing this. I just got an android phone so hopefully they will build shazam for droid phones too! If you shazam people are reading this, build for droid!!!

heathers3
12/20/09

This is what got me to buy an iphone....too cool. you go to a club, you don't know the song, you take out your iphone and in 30 seconds you have figured out what song it is and can download it to your phone. I have used it about 100 times and I think only once has it ever failed to identify the song. The only drawback I wish they had a way to keep a list of all of the songs you had analyzed. Here that Shazam...go add that feature :)

homermo
10/24/09
michaell
8/8/08

Currently the best iPhone application available - Shazam is the application I've always dreamed of building, but never thought possible. Just hold your iPhone up to any streaming music and it will instantly tell you the title and the artist of the song that is playing. It works whether you're in your car or in a club, and the results are amazingly accurate. I'm not sure how they do it, but I think it has something to do with the beat/bass patterns, because it seems to work even when the music is not very clear or when there's a lot of ambient noise.

Shazam is truly a technological breakthrough. I've never seen anything this accurate before. Eventually, I'd like an application that can identify any song you for which you can recite the lyrics or hum the tune, but this is definitely good enough for the times I hear a song I like at a bar. And as an added bonus, after Shazam identifies your song, you can turn your phone on its side and it will start playing the music video on youtube!

Questions? Get answers from the Shazam staff and other customers.

Shazam?