The Seasteading Institute

The Seasteading Institute has a consumer rating of 5 stars from 2 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. The Seasteading Institute also ranks 6th among Science News sites.

How would you rate The Seasteading Institute?

“I am surprised nobody at sitejabber.com has yet reviewed...”

Dirk W.
8/30/13

I am surprised nobody at sitejabber.com has yet reviewed SeaSteading.org yet. Founded by the famous economist Milton Friedman's grandson Patri Friedman, the institute's goal is no less than solving the problem of inefficient government: It proposes the creation of new social and political structures (probably many of which are libertarian) on the high sea. Why on the waters? The territorial states do not extend to the high seas, thus making them the last bastion of true freedom on our blue planet. I wish Patri and all followers best of success with their high goals.

dirkw5
August 30th, 2013
dirkw7
January 13th, 2014
In my understanding, poverty and declining standard of life, recessions, corruptions, wars are caused by bad government. The school of Austrian Economics teaches that only private enterprises, division of labor together with free exchange and a free market unhampered by governmental regulation and trade restriction can raise our standard of living, increase economic growth and even increase the incentives of peace.

But the problem is that governments are pervasive in today's world all territories are claimed by some state. This is where seasteading has its moment. The Seasteading Institute (TSI) develops political, economical, entrepreneurial technologies to experiment with new and better forms of government on the seas. It was founded by Patri Freedman (grandson of Milton Freedman - the famous economis) in 2008 and since then has gained a wide follower ship and has been featured in the news numerous times.

Disclaimer: I am a member of the institute and biased towards it.

Questions? Get answers from the The Seasteading Institute staff and other customers.

At The Seasteading Institute, we believe that experiments are the source of all progress: to find something better, you have to try something new. But right now, there is no open space for experimenting with new societies. That's why we work to ena...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Seasteading Institute?

Have a question about The Seasteading Institute?