A con artis who takes money from people "as a donation" for his own benefit.
Seen it. Lived it. Witnessed it.
I like to see photographs of talented and innovative artists. The site needs work... quite old style and has been that way for a few years now. Couple of times was not able to get on it. The owner has a lot of shadows and a bad reputation so good luck to him.
I would personally stay ten miles away from this man (for many reasons).
Not the best to get your company name and reputation to be connected with his name.
Found this on one other review site.
10 facts Eric Schwabel humanlightsuit at burning man and Kickstarter
I am re-posting this as people should know.
So I work next to the Schwabel man in Venice and for the last few years I have been witnessing the unfolding of this "project" and I heard quite a few things during parties and through people hanging around.
10 FACTS you should know about the man and the project:
1) Schwabel man brags to raise money for the project and only spends 20% for it. Kickstarter backs him up? WTF? Go figure that out! As the remaining money, stated by him, is pure "profit". I found out that fundraising at Burning Man is for art installations and for example many on Kickstarter there are a few and the biggest one is the Burning Man temple, apparently a huge piece of at, a monument made out of wood for which the creators asked 40K and this guy asked 5K to take photos? Come on guys! What's wrong with this picture?
2) Schwabel brags he spends the rest of the amount he collected for his own personal expenses. Again, isn't Burning Man based on self reliance and being "self-sufficient"? Especially show-off photographers?
3) Many MANY photographers go there, at times in the severe weather condition and do not get "money" to shoot. It's Burning Man!
4) All photos are photoshopped
5) Too much BS and fake marketing going on about this guy (witnesses and proves at hand)
6) What you see of him doing the job on the playa is not what the reality is. All publicity to raise money for his personal use.
7) Why is he still around with all the BS he has created and done?
8) Our neighborhood cannot stand the man and we wish for him to move (all of us without exception)
9) Our landlord not pleased with what he does illegally in his studio.
10) And final: the guy is a looser on a personal level and professionally. Please move out of LA! Enough!
Bring it on if you agree!
Tip for consumers: I am a neighbor of him. I confirm.
The guy is a nutcase and the people around him are like him if not even worse.
Recent work experience around him: not positive.
His studio neighbors can stand him for the "illegal" stuff that constantly goes on within those walls.
Much better photographers around who are professional and do have themselves on every-single gay sex website.
If you're thinking about buying a "deal" from here-- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T. Earlier reviewers were not lying when they said this place 1)Only cares about you if you want add-ons 2) Has HORRIBLE customer service.
I have never felt more unwanted as a customer. I called their office and got put straight to voice mail. I left a voice mail, waited 2 days, and still heard nothing back. This went on for another week and a half. No one at all could be bothered to help me. Not one peep. I finally had to complain to Groupon, requesting a refund.
If you want a photographer who cares about you, don't look here. There are no "deals" to be had. Maybe if I had requested one of their pricier than average add-ons? Considering how polite and patient I had been with the prolonged correspondence, I thought I deserved at least a little courtesy. They disagreed.
Don't bother with this person. Take your business to someone who wants it.
This guy's name is eric schwabel from schwabel studio
He will never work for us ever again and we will make sure advertising agencies know about his whereabouts and escort services and gay pornographic liaisons as Marsha provided to us
Once again, if I could give no stars I would!
I purchased a package from them as I was excited after seeing their website and fell in love with his portfolio. I was looking forward to working with a session with him, but was sadly disappointed! It took several emails to finally set a date. I arrive to their studio on the date of our shoot, only to come to a locked door! I was furious! Not even a email or phone call to say what happened, not even a reply to the email I sent after I got home questioning what happened.
After reading other reviews, I was lucky enough to at least get an email! I on the other hand am out more money, parking fees, gas, and not to mention interest rates on my credit card!
Thanks for nothing Schwabel Studio!
SN: I reported them to them BBB!
After having a session taken with and for my husband, I found out that Eric Schwabel comes from a long story of gay porn and has a very obscure past. Gay escort, stealing and manipulating a few people, falsifying "release forms" and name it. Has been taking advantage, in a very brutal way, of a family he was with - there are several videos on line - and I do not want my name associated with him. Recommend him: no way!
Once again, if I could give no stars I would!
I was looking forward to working with them, but is sadly disappointed! I have never felt more unwanted as a customer. The Customer service is extremely poor. The Prices extremely high for mediocre work. You can find a better photographer for a way better price.
It feels as though it is high way robbery.
If you want a photographer who cares about you, don't look here. There are no "deals" to be had.
My advice: go with someone else; someone who cares. There are so many more photographers out there willing to work with you. You're paying for a service and you should feel like the photographer wants to give it their best!
Customer Questions & Answers
Did You Find This Page Useful?
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business