Rugs.ca

Ratings On Other Platforms

Trustpilot
4.4 / 5

Rugs.ca has a consumer rating of 2.18 stars from 45 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Rugs.ca most frequently mention customer service problems. Rugs.ca ranks 45th among Carpets sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Customer service was pathetic after half a dozen emails I was offered $78 credit.
How would you rate Rugs.ca?

“Bought 2 rugs and love them both!”

Karen P.
9/21/20

I am blown away by how beautiful my 2 rugs are. I googled rugs.ca and came to this page. I got very worried but both rungs have arrived and boy, are they ever beautiful! The Persian rug was clearly shown and they even showed a small tear in it. It's been a dream of mine to own a Persian rug and I'm so very pleased. The pics are taken with a cell phone that doesn't do them justice.

“Do yourself a favour, don't waste your money here”

Danielle S.
10/31/20

This was by far the worst company I could of chose to purchase my rug. I looked at the reviews online and they were 50/50 so I took my chance. The rug I order came in time, but it was absolutely nothing like the picture! So I called the Customer Service to make a return and they were rude and the options they gave led to having to spend more money! I'm not joking when I'm saying stay clear of this place. Again do yourself a favour and spend your money somewhere else.

customer service (15)
danielles531
October 31st, 2020

audreyp152
January 9th, 2022

Bought a 4x6 Spectrum Rug. Delivery was fast and according to plan. Color of the rug matches what was shown online. The trimmings is terrible. It is not square and not even straight. Very disappointed for the price I paid for this rug. Won't order again.

daunab
January 28th, 2021

I just want to thank you for your excellent service on the area rug I very recently purchased from you.

I was easily able to track the processing and delivery. The rug was delivered on the exact date promised.

The rug itself, is exactly what I hoped it would be. I was hesitant to order online simply from a picture but I'm very happy I did.

The rug is exactly as advertised and I could not be more pleased!

Thank you, again!

Stay well

Stay safe

Dauna Barron

davel665
June 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

The 80 sq ft 'rug' weighs less than 20 lbs. It's about as thick as 2 towels. There is no nap to it. It's a sick greeenish-brown rather than the gold I ordered. Don't let the. Ca at the end of the web address fool you too. It's a US company that ships from South Carolina. It came folded. How do you fold a real rug? It is certainly nothing like the pictures they publish. A total waste of my time, energy and money. They ship by Fedex, which is probably the worst shipping operation in Canada. It arrived 4 business days late.
Being disabled, it's going to be a real pain to return. I can't even figure out how I'll repackage it. After my experience here and with Wayfair I'm never going to buy from a US retailer again, and I'm not going to buy from anyone that uses Fedex. I'll check next time. Live and learn, I guess.

Don't

None

lawrencel443
October 17th, 2021
Verified purchase

I thankfully did not have a bad experience like others did based on the bad reviews. Rug was delayed a few days but the quality is decent. It complements my new couch. It's always a gamble buying something like a rug online.

rm538
November 29th, 2020

Before I purchased anything, I contacted them by email to get an indication of their customer service. I wanted to see what it would be like if I made a purchase and needed to return it. It took a while but, when they finally did answer, they didn't answer any of my questions. They just told me to contact their toll free number. I did and was waiting for an available operator forever! I finally hung up! Be very concerned about the customer service!

janets1546
September 25th, 2021

I live in Manitoba, Canada. I ordered a 10 x 14 area rug from Rugs.ca to brighten up our new apartment. Initially I thought I had a problem with delivery because it seemed to be taking a long time and I had already paid via credit card. When I contacted the company I spoke with a lovely woman named Simonne in Carolina. She was working from home due to the pandemic. She advised the carpet was in Toronto and would arrive by the coming Monday. It arrived two days earlier and it is everything I hoped it would be. She was extremely helpful and the carpet has indeed brightened up our living room.

patrycjat1
February 22nd, 2021

I bought a rug at the beginning on this month, didn't get any updates about the shipping for 3 weeks. So I emailed them yesterday just to get the response, that they sent me my money back on the 7th of February and the order was cancelled. No explanation why, no sorries, no emails before about the status, nothing! What an unprofessional attitude...

philipper20
November 6th, 2021

I ordered a Persian rugs from rugs.ca. Even though it was shipped six days later than expected the product was exactly was was seen on the pictures on the website. The quality was excellent and the level of antique was as shown. I ordered a 10'X13' rug that was folded for shipping but that did not become an issue when I unfolded it. The size was well estimated with no oversizing on the Net. Even though it was shipped from US, I had to pay no extra fees for taxes custom and duties or shipping fees. I give for stars just because of FedEx who did not met their promise to ship it on time. I found my experience very satisfying

garyb1450
October 23rd, 2021

I ordered a rug and runner. Neither will flatten even after trying their instructions. The rugs are of inferior quality. I wanted to return them but the cost to return is astronomical which I am sure is set up that way so you won't send it back. Stay away from this company. You will waste your money.

dawns952
April 16th, 2021

There is zero customer service! No one picks up their phones ever! They take your money and run! What's that? I've been trying for over a week! FedEx said rugs.ca were responsible for the hold up and I can't even get them to respond! Pandemic or not either you offer customer support or you don't!

Don’t!

saranyab2
February 12th, 2021

I bought a rug recently from this site. Was skeptical with all the reviews here but took a chance. So far I am happy with my purchase. On time delivery and the product was similar to the one on the photo.

angiep186
September 23rd, 2021

I bought a rug on September 14,2021, today is September 23 and the rug is still at the warehouse in South Carolina.
I called again to cancel the order, and they said they can not cancel it, even if the rug is still there, so I have to wait until the rug comes all the way to Canada to return it!
I don't recommend this site at all!

Tip for consumers:
Dont use this site, they dont care about you.
They are just ready to reject your claim, with "Sorry I can not do anything" : (

Products used:
Nothing, the rug never came, actually it has been 9 days since placed my order and the rug is still at the warehouse.

lisak1286
June 21st, 2021

I have never in my life posted a review or comment about a product I have purchased, but I feel I need to with this company. I purchased my rug on line - was unhappy with the colour and in order for me to return it - I have to pay $144.00 to them to have it shipped back to them. The rug cost me $189.00. No customer satisfaction at all. It's either that or I keep the rug and receive a $38 refund. This is a joke and horrible customer service. Would never order from them again.

Tip for consumers:
my tip is - do not buy from this company

rug

joanneg252
November 6th, 2020

The rug I ordered was delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately, the person who received it walked the 5 city blocks to my address to advise me. I then had to walk to that person's apartment building to collect it.
The rug is not to my liking so I'll return it. I spoke with a customer service agent for 10 minutes who then explained I would get a return phone call -- that never happened. I sent an email for an RMS# which was sent -- with the note that it would cost 38% of the cost of the rug to return if they send a return label. I'll deal with the return myself!

shirleyh284
February 13th, 2020

I wrote a terrible review thinking rugs.ca was in the wrong. I did not receive my rug yet. It was my fault not theirs. I gave them an error in my address. Their customer service has been fantastic.

dawnw516
September 1st, 2021

The rug I ordered was unfortunately too small but it was also extremely poor quality.

When I called to arrange for a refund I was told it would be $60 shipping to send it back... a little steep for a $79 rug! If I wanted I could keep the rug and they would give me a 35% refund ($27.65)... meaning it cost me $51.35 for a garbage rug that is too small to use anywhere! Stay away from this company!

davidw4659
December 29th, 2021

When my black shag rug finally showed up. I knew right then and there an 8x10 rug that you can carry with one hand was going to be cheap. I paid $400.00 for this rug that is as thin as an out door rug. So thin can't gat it to stay down at the corners or the creases wouldn't go away. This company needs the better business bureau after them! Same on you!

Stay away from rugs.com

avivak2
January 12th, 2021

Would never buy anything from this place paid $90.00 for Shag runner and if I return it I will get less then $40.00 back What a joke. They do not stand by their products and are not interested in customer service

Be careful.

Tip for consumers:
their return policy or lack of

shag runner

karenp1013
September 21st, 2020

rominac15
July 13th, 2021

Purchased a fairly large rug for my living room. It was delivered to me folded in several areas leaving creases that will not flatten. Carpet is also pulled in several areas and the corners are curling up. The cost was $519 before taxes. This carpet is the equivalent quality of something you would buy at Walmart for $99. Do not be fooled by their pretty pictures... quality is horrible. Customer service was pathetic after half a dozen emails I was offered $78 credit. They advertise this carpet as pre-sale $1,038. Everything is constantly on sale for 50% off do not be fooled by their inflated prices followed by their 50% discount. Would never order from rugs.ca again!

Tip for consumers:
If you want to return the product it is your responsibility to repack it and reship. Shipping costs are exuberant not to mention that products can be very heavy to package and bring to shipping centre. Items are not picked up from your home

Are rug

pankhurim1
April 7th, 2021

Please do not buy or order from rugs.ca it has horrible customer service and product displayed online is different what you order

mariaz171
July 20th, 2020

I bought a "pink and white rug" from them for a nursery. The rug itself was $209. When we received it and unrolled it, the colors were grey with dirty pink. It literally looked like it was retreived from a garbage can and had years of wear and dirt on it. When I contacted customer service, not only did they take their time to respond to my email but they also basically called me a liar and said that "3 of upper managers reviewed the photos and all thought the rug looks exactly as shown on website." Yet, I also had people look at it what was advertised vs. What we received. Customer service rep. Then ignored my emails with a request of returning the rug or speak to a manager. They are also expecting me to pay for shipping return which is half the cost of that awful rug but won't provide me with required information to return it. Very upsetting and what a terrible way to run a business.

ruths502
August 4th, 2020

The rug we bought looked more like a bathroom mat in real life, but we purchased it to place in our living room. The return cost was $108, which was half the cost of the rug. Ships back to the US, so it's not a Canadian company despite having a ". Ca" domain. Since this was an unknown company to me, I read through their entire FAQ and looked for reviews online to make sure this company was legit. Looking back, there are no direct lies on their site and online reviews are suspiciously positive.

The positives: the rug was slightly cheaper than other sites like Wayfair, shipping was free and there were no hidden costs. 2 stars instead of 1 because they actually followed through with their resolution of a $30 partial refund AND my friend likes the rug and will take it off our hands so there are people out there who may like it.

peterb1201
September 2nd, 2020

Purchased rug 16 August, received receipt 23 August. When I checked order status, the response said processing wait 24 hours for update. This has been happening for the last 10 days. Sent numerous e-mails - no response.
Tried to phone on numerous occasions, waited on the line for 20 minutes then a voice come on saying contacting operator, no operator available goodbye.

Very suspicious as whether this company is for real or a scam.

I am going to contact my credit card company to recover my money due to non receipt of product and will contact the Better Business Bureau in an attempt to warn others.

Do not purchase anything from these scammers. Wish Igood give zero stars.

Peter Bullock

No. They deceive people with the ". Ca", but all carpets ship from the US, and guess what, if you don't like your rug and want to ship it back, they will charge you an arm and leg to ship it back.

By Alex A.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rugs.ca staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rugs.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.2
Have a question about Rugs.ca?