Rugs.ca

Rugs.ca has a consumer rating of 2.4 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Rugs.ca also ranks 23rd among Carpets sites. The most common issues with Rugs.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

No positive highlights yet

• They say they have a 24-7 customer service but they don't.
How would you rate Rugs.ca?

“Terrible Experience”

Heba R.
6/12/20

I was shocked that the rugs I ordered looked nothing like the pictures, were a different colour and aesthetically unpleasing. The returns phone number never picks up and they don't publish their returns instructions on the website. So they have to email it to you except no one is actually responding! Deceitful!

“WISH I COULD GIVE NO STARS. Awful product. Terrible customer service!”

Maria Z.
7/20/20

I bought a "pink and white rug" from them for a nursery. The rug itself was $209. When we received it and unrolled it, the colors were grey with dirty pink. It literally looked like it was retreived from a garbage can and had years of wear and dirt on it. When I contacted customer service, not only did they take their time to respond to my email but they also basically called me a liar and said that "3 of upper managers reviewed the photos and all thought the rug looks exactly as shown on website." Yet, I also had people look at it what was advertised vs. What we received. Customer service rep. then ignored my emails with a request of returning the rug or speak to a manager. They are also expecting me to pay for shipping return which is half the cost of that awful rug but won't provide me with required information to return it. Very upsetting and what a terrible way to run a business.

customer service (4)
mariaz171
July 20th, 2020
hebar
June 12th, 2020
lias16
July 16th, 2018
I HAVE BOUGHT 10 RUGSS WELL RUGGS AND RUNNERS ,AND EVERYONE WHOM HAS,ENTERED MY HOME N ANGEL DAUGHTER 'S ALWAYS ALWAYS SAY "WOW LOVE THAT RUG, OR RUNNER YOU MUST TELL ME WHERE U BKUGHT ,BUG IT MUST HAVE SET YOU VACK A FORTUNE WGEN I SAY SERIOUSLY BEST QUALITY RECIEVED TO MY DOOR IN 2 DAYS 65% OFF AALWAYS HAS PERCENT OFF PLACE -RUGS
CA 8"BY 12 STUNNIBG I KNOW BLEW ME AWAY $97.89 ALL DELIVERY FREE ,TAXES IN .AND I NEVER ME I'VE BOUGHT SO MUCB MORE SINCE AMAZING SERVICE N I KNOW PERSONALLY KNOW MANAGER HE'S A SWEETY . WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYONG ,THEY HAVE ALL SHAPES ,SIZES ,COLIRS AND STYLES THERE'S NO BEATING RUGS.CA IN IMO.2 ALMOST 3 YRS I'VE BEEN WITH NOW AND I'VE RECCOMMENDED TO MY CUSTOMERS AT WORK AND THEY LOVEEEE ME 4 IT .I SAY LUVVV RUGS.CA NOW ME TBEUR THE AWSOME FACILITY NOT ME.AMEN.SINCERELY XOX LIA.I PREFFER-Lee.Thx All
alexa479
December 1st, 2019
Beware of this company. Don't get fooled by the low prices. The quality of the rugs is abysmal. The rugs are too thin that they don't lay straight as you unroll them. They have creases that are very visible. It is unbelievable.

The worst part is they claim they offer 30-day hassle free returns, but guess what, they will charge you the price of your rugs to ship them back. What a joke. I would never ever recommend this company.
mpg1
July 13th, 2020
They say they have a 24-7 customer service but they don't. They never get back to you. Every 15 minutes of waiting, they hang up the line. They don't respond to their emails. They don't respond on their social medias.

I paid 2 x 149$ for 2 rugs, then realized they were selling the EXACT same rugs on their other website ''rugs.com'' but at the price of 49$ (even if it's in US, it's half the price) PLUS you get a 10% discount if you buy 2 rugs or more (which I did). I wanted to be credited the difference, since I bought my rugs 2 days before and they're still in the US. But nobody dares to reply. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS DISAPPOINTED IN ANY COMPANY. DON'T BUY.
ruths502
August 4th, 2020
The rug we bought looked more like a bathroom mat in real life, but we purchased it to place in our living room. The return cost was $108, which was half the cost of the rug. Ships back to the US, so it's not a Canadian company despite having a". ca" domain. Since this was an unknown company to me, I read through their entire FAQ and looked for reviews online to make sure this company was legit. Looking back, there are no direct lies on their site and online reviews are suspiciously positive.

The positives: the rug was slightly cheaper than other sites like Wayfair, shipping was free and there were no hidden costs. 2 stars instead of 1 because they actually followed through with their resolution of a $30 partial refund AND my friend likes the rug and will take it off our hands so there are people out there who may like it.
susanw402
November 12th, 2019
Found my rug cheaper elsewhere and thought I'd call them on their 110% price guarantee. Had the rep on the phone and finished having him look at the comparable rug & agree that it was the same one cheaper somewhere else. His response was to ask if he could call me back, but never did. Shady.
shirleyh284
February 13th, 2020
I wrote a terrible review thinking rugs.ca was in the wrong. I did not receive my rug yet. It was my fault not theirs. I gave them an error in my address. Their customer service has been fantastic.
bl431
June 24th, 2020
Shipment of my rug was fast and should be arriving shortly (review written 5 days after order was placed), but getting a hold of customer service has been a nightmare.

5 minutes after placing my order, I realized I ordered the wrong size. I called their (allegedly) 24/7 customer service line immediately and after waiting on hold for 15 minutes, I was automatically disconnected. I tried again and the same thing happened. I then emailed customer service and got a response saying to call their 24/7 phone line for inquiries requiring an immediate response or wait ~3 days for a reply. Well, it's been 5 days and still no reply. I even tried to reach out to their customer service through their Facebook page and nothing. Radio silence.

Luckily for me, the incorrect size won't be the worst thing - it's slightly too small for the space but we'll make do once it arrives. This was my first time buying from rugs.ca and it will be my last. The complete lack of response from rugs.ca makes one thing clear - once they have a customer's money, they can't care less about that customer. Online shopping is supposed to be reliable and convenient - rugs.ca is neither.
suey20
March 1st, 2019
I bought a used oriental rug from this outfit (which is not in Canada). The description said "very good condition with areas of low pile." They left out the part about the insect damage that in many places went right down to the warp threads. There is evidence of insect infestation all over the carpet. To their credit they offered me a 10% rebate when I complained. I took the money and kept the carpet--it is really beautiful--but I paid too much and this rug has lots wrong with it. I won't be totally devastated if someone spills wine on it but it won't be worth cleaning so I hope that doesn't happen. Cleaning will cost over $400! If Rugs.ca says a carpet is in very good condition better to pass on it and look for one that says it is in Excellent condition or is brand new!

No. They deceive people with the ".ca", but all carpets ship from the US, and guess what, if you don't like your rug and want to ship it back, they will charge you an arm and leg to ship it back.

By Alex A.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rugs.ca staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rugs.ca?

Have a question about Rugs.ca?