Rugs.ca

Rugs.ca has a consumer rating of 2.57 stars from 24 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Rugs.ca most frequently mention customer service problems. Rugs.ca ranks 6th among Carpets sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 26.3%

No positive highlights yet

• They say they have a 24-7 customer service but they don't.
How would you rate Rugs.ca?

“Bought 2 rugs and love them both!”

Karen P.
9/21/20

I am blown away by how beautiful my 2 rugs are. I googled rugs.ca and came to this page. I got very worried but both rungs have arrived and boy, are they ever beautiful! The Persian rug was clearly shown and they even showed a small tear in it. It's been a dream of mine to own a Persian rug and I'm so very pleased. The pics are taken with a cell phone that doesn't do them justice.

“Do yourself a favour, don't waste your money here”

Danielle S.
10/31/20

This was by far the worst company I could of chose to purchase my rug. I looked at the reviews online and they were 50/50 so I took my chance. The rug I order came in time, but it was absolutely nothing like the picture! So I called the Customer Service to make a return and they were rude and the options they gave led to having to spend more money! I'm not joking when I'm saying stay clear of this place. Again do yourself a favour and spend your money somewhere else.

customer service (5)
danielles531
October 31st, 2020

rm538
November 29th, 2020

Before I purchased anything, I contacted them by email to get an indication of their customer service. I wanted to see what it would be like if I made a purchase and needed to return it. It took a while but, when they finally did answer, they didn't answer any of my questions. They just told me to contact their toll free number. I did and was waiting for an available operator forever! I finally hung up! Be very concerned about the customer service!

daunab
January 28th, 2021

I just want to thank you for your excellent service on the area rug I very recently purchased from you.

I was easily able to track the processing and delivery. The rug was delivered on the exact date promised.

The rug itself, is exactly what I hoped it would be. I was hesitant to order online simply from a picture but I'm very happy I did.

The rug is exactly as advertised and I could not be more pleased!

Thank you, again!

Stay well

Stay safe

Dauna Barron

patrycjat1
February 22nd, 2021

I bought a rug at the beginning on this month, didn't get any updates about the shipping for 3 weeks. So I emailed them yesterday just to get the response, that they sent me my money back on the 7th of February and the order was cancelled. No explanation why, no sorries, no emails before about the status, nothing! What an unprofessional attitude...

karenp1013
September 21st, 2020

avivak2
January 12th, 2021

Would never buy anything from this place paid $90.00 for Shag runner and if I return it I will get less then $40.00 back What a joke. They do not stand by their products and are not interested in customer service

Be careful.

Tip for consumers:
their return policy or lack of

shag runner

joanneg252
November 6th, 2020

The rug I ordered was delivered to the wrong address. Fortunately, the person who received it walked the 5 city blocks to my address to advise me. I then had to walk to that person's apartment building to collect it.
The rug is not to my liking so I'll return it. I spoke with a customer service agent for 10 minutes who then explained I would get a return phone call -- that never happened. I sent an email for an RMS# which was sent -- with the note that it would cost 38% of the cost of the rug to return if they send a return label. I'll deal with the return myself!

mariaz171
July 20th, 2020

I bought a "pink and white rug" from them for a nursery. The rug itself was $209. When we received it and unrolled it, the colors were grey with dirty pink. It literally looked like it was retreived from a garbage can and had years of wear and dirt on it. When I contacted customer service, not only did they take their time to respond to my email but they also basically called me a liar and said that "3 of upper managers reviewed the photos and all thought the rug looks exactly as shown on website." Yet, I also had people look at it what was advertised vs. What we received. Customer service rep. Then ignored my emails with a request of returning the rug or speak to a manager. They are also expecting me to pay for shipping return which is half the cost of that awful rug but won't provide me with required information to return it. Very upsetting and what a terrible way to run a business.

peterb1201
September 2nd, 2020

Purchased rug 16 August, received receipt 23 August. When I checked order status, the response said processing wait 24 hours for update. This has been happening for the last 10 days. Sent numerous e-mails - no response.
Tried to phone on numerous occasions, waited on the line for 20 minutes then a voice come on saying contacting operator, no operator available goodbye.

Very suspicious as whether this company is for real or a scam.

I am going to contact my credit card company to recover my money due to non receipt of product and will contact the Better Business Bureau in an attempt to warn others.

Do not purchase anything from these scammers. Wish Igood give zero stars.

Peter Bullock

saranyab2
February 12th, 2021

I bought a rug recently from this site. Was skeptical with all the reviews here but took a chance. So far I am happy with my purchase. On time delivery and the product was similar to the one on the photo.

Rug

nancyt1012
October 18th, 2020

This company is a fraud. Their email address and paying Canadian funds makes one think this is a Canadian company. My rug was not th colour advertised. When I contacted rugs.ca to return for a refund I was told that the cost if return was my responsibility -$110 US ( I paid in Canadian so they will deduct almost $150 from my refund to cover the cost). The cost if returns is NOT listed in the web site. I intend to warn everyone I know to stay away from. This company. This cost of shipping to return this rug is robbing me of money I really do not have. I had hoped this rug would bring some kit in the midst of covid, but rather has caused greater stress and sadness for me. In contact customer service they are a broken record with Pat answers but no acknowledgement or effort to address my concern. I will be out $150 I ith nothing to show for it. Have you heard of "Truth in the Domain Act" which requires that American companies are what they say they in their web site address. Shame on you Rugs.ca!

hebar
June 12th, 2020

I was shocked that the rugs I ordered looked nothing like the pictures, were a different colour and aesthetically unpleasing. The returns phone number never picks up and they don't publish their returns instructions on the website. So they have to email it to you except no one is actually responding! Deceitful!

joseam
January 7th, 2021

WORST EXPERIENCE! I BELIEVE THEY ARE A THIRD PARTY AND SELL YOU DEFECTIVE RUGS!
YOU WILL HAVE TO RETURN THE RUG (AT YOUR EXPENSE) TO THE US. ALTHOUGH THEY ADVERTISE AS A CANADIAN COMPANY. THEY DO NOT SUPPLY A RETURN ADDRESS SO YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THEM OVER AND OVER TO RECEIVE A REPLY (FORGET CALLING THEM). YET THEY ADVERTISE 30 DAY RETURNS (FROM THE TIME YOU RECEIVE THE CARPET, NOT FROM THE TIME THEY RESPOND TO YOU WITH THE RETURN DETAILS)! THEY WILL CHARGE A SURCHARGE IF YOU USE THEM TO SET UP THE RETURN SO DO IT YOURSELF. I HAD TO CONTACT MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY TO FILE A DISPUTE FOR AFTER 3 WEEKS OF THEM RECEIVING MY RETURNED ITEM, I HAD STILL NOT RECEIVED A CREDIT! PATHETIC!

Tip for consumers:
Worst experience!

rug

alexa479
December 1st, 2019

Beware of this company. Don't get fooled by the low prices. The quality of the rugs is abysmal. The rugs are too thin that they don't lay straight as you unroll them. They have creases that are very visible. It is unbelievable.

The worst part is they claim they offer 30-day hassle free returns, but guess what, they will charge you the price of your rugs to ship them back. What a joke. I would never ever recommend this company.

mpg1
July 13th, 2020

They say they have a 24-7 customer service but they don't. They never get back to you. Every 15 minutes of waiting, they hang up the line. They don't respond to their emails. They don't respond on their social medias.

I paid 2 x 149$ for 2 rugs, then realized they were selling the EXACT same rugs on their other website ''rugs.com'' but at the price of 49$ (even if it's in US, it's half the price) PLUS you get a 10% discount if you buy 2 rugs or more (which I did). I wanted to be credited the difference, since I bought my rugs 2 days before and they're still in the US. But nobody dares to reply. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS DISAPPOINTED IN ANY COMPANY. DON'T BUY.

susanw402
November 12th, 2019

Found my rug cheaper elsewhere and thought I'd call them on their 110% price guarantee. Had the rep on the phone and finished having him look at the comparable rug & agree that it was the same one cheaper somewhere else. His response was to ask if he could call me back, but never did. Shady.

gregorya183
December 1st, 2020

I wish I came here first before buying from rug.ca. This is by far the worst customer service ever. They have untrained customer service representatives who are very ignorant, rude and unprofessional. I was also misled by the url, thought it was Canadian based company. They are based in the US and do not pay for returns. If you have a reason to return, you pay a lot.
I made a purchase and decided to return. They made me an offer to keep the rug but i declined and went ahead with the return. They offered me their return label which cost about $107 which was $27 more than the UPS option which i used for the return (UPS cost me $80). I sent them the return info after it was sent and last week Tuesday when i received delivery confirmation from ups, i notified the company that the returned item was delivered to their address. I have spoken to 3 different reps since that day and up till this minute, they still have not acknowledged receipt of my returned item. They all say the same thing, they said they would have info for me if I used their carrier but since I decided to use another carrier, I'll have to wait for the warehouse to notify them of the receipt of my returned item. Its one full week since the item was delivered and still, they don't have info me. I have no idea how long it will take for me to get my refund. In addition to the delays, the attitude of the customer care reps is the worse I have experienced with a business in recent years. Don't buy from this company, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM.

joshl184
November 20th, 2020

My rug was delayed due to an original address error on my part. The customer service I received initially was terrible the lady I spoke with was kind and assured me she had it all fixed and would send me confirmation. She did not send me a confirmation at all. I contacted them again the following lady (Racquel) had everything fixed, gave a refund for my troubles and said Fedex would send me a case # Monday morning, this was Friday. I did not receive anything. The next guy I spowith very kind but also, same as initial lady "ill send confirmation" no confirmation sent. I was going to cancel and request moneys back plus my 10% refund I had already received but to my luck spoke with Racquel again and she had me on my way in no time with confirmation of my rug delivery the very next day. Gorgeous rug, not worth the hassle.

elenip13
February 1st, 2021

My rug arrived few days later and delivered to my door! I love it despite to what some reviews say, its exactly what I order and it's gorgeous! Thank you so much!

shirleyh284
February 13th, 2020

I wrote a terrible review thinking rugs.ca was in the wrong. I did not receive my rug yet. It was my fault not theirs. I gave them an error in my address. Their customer service has been fantastic.

ruths502
August 4th, 2020

The rug we bought looked more like a bathroom mat in real life, but we purchased it to place in our living room. The return cost was $108, which was half the cost of the rug. Ships back to the US, so it's not a Canadian company despite having a". Ca" domain. Since this was an unknown company to me, I read through their entire FAQ and looked for reviews online to make sure this company was legit. Looking back, there are no direct lies on their site and online reviews are suspiciously positive.

The positives: the rug was slightly cheaper than other sites like Wayfair, shipping was free and there were no hidden costs. 2 stars instead of 1 because they actually followed through with their resolution of a $30 partial refund AND my friend likes the rug and will take it off our hands so there are people out there who may like it.

bl431
June 24th, 2020

Shipment of my rug was fast and should be arriving shortly (review written 5 days after order was placed), but getting a hold of customer service has been a nightmare.

5 minutes after placing my order, I realized I ordered the wrong size. I called their (allegedly) 24/7 customer service line immediately and after waiting on hold for 15 minutes, I was automatically disconnected. I tried again and the same thing happened. I then emailed customer service and got a response saying to call their 24/7 phone line for inquiries requiring an immediate response or wait ~3 days for a reply. Well, it's been 5 days and still no reply. I even tried to reach out to their customer service through their Facebook page and nothing. Radio silence.

Luckily for me, the incorrect size won't be the worst thing - it's slightly too small for the space but we'll make do once it arrives. This was my first time buying from rugs.ca and it will be my last. The complete lack of response from rugs.ca makes one thing clear - once they have a customer's money, they can't care less about that customer. Online shopping is supposed to be reliable and convenient - rugs.ca is neither.

lias16
July 16th, 2018

I HAVE BOUGHT 10 RUGSS WELL RUGGS AND RUNNERS, AND EVERYONE WHOM HAS, ENTERED MY HOME N ANGEL DAUGHTER 'S ALWAYS ALWAYS SAY "WOW LOVE THAT RUG, OR RUNNER YOU MUST TELL ME WHERE U BKUGHT, BUG IT MUST HAVE SET YOU VACK A FORTUNE WGEN I SAY SERIOUSLY BEST QUALITY RECIEVED TO MY DOOR IN 2 DAYS 65% OFF AALWAYS HAS PERCENT OFF PLACE -RUGS
CA 8"BY 12 STUNNIBG I KNOW BLEW ME AWAY $97.89 ALL DELIVERY FREE, TAXES IN. AND I NEVER ME I'VE BOUGHT SO MUCB MORE SINCE AMAZING SERVICE N I KNOW PERSONALLY KNOW MANAGER HE'S A SWEETY. WILL GO ABOVE AND BEYONG, THEY HAVE ALL SHAPES, SIZES, COLIRS AND STYLES THERE'S NO BEATING RUGS.CA IN IMO. 2 ALMOST 3 YRS I'VE BEEN WITH NOW AND I'VE RECCOMMENDED TO MY CUSTOMERS AT WORK AND THEY LOVEEEE ME 4 IT. I SAY LUVVV RUGS.CA NOW ME TBEUR THE AWSOME FACILITY NOT ME. AMEN. SINCERELY XOX LIA. I PREFFER-Lee. Thx All

suey20
March 1st, 2019

I bought a used oriental rug from this outfit (which is not in Canada). The description said "very good condition with areas of low pile." They left out the part about the insect damage that in many places went right down to the warp threads. There is evidence of insect infestation all over the carpet. To their credit they offered me a 10% rebate when I complained. I took the money and kept the carpet--it is really beautiful--but I paid too much and this rug has lots wrong with it. I won't be totally devastated if someone spills wine on it but it won't be worth cleaning so I hope that doesn't happen. Cleaning will cost over $400! If Rugs.ca says a carpet is in very good condition better to pass on it and look for one that says it is in Excellent condition or is brand new!

No. They deceive people with the ". Ca", but all carpets ship from the US, and guess what, if you don't like your rug and want to ship it back, they will charge you an arm and leg to ship it back.

By Alex A.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Rugs.ca staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rugs.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.6
Have a question about Rugs.ca?