Renton Technical College

Renton Technical College has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Renton Technical College?

“School pushes their programs like a business not what you want”

Ranee A.
7/23/18

When I tried to go back to school I went college hunting. I tried applying here because I enjoyed a few continuing educational classes. I tried applying for a couple degrees of desired choice. First, it took several phone attempts to talk to a counselor. When I got through it took a couple of appointments to make any head way. Each time I went into the register office they kept asking me why I was there and after about five minutes I was asked to leave. Literally asked to leave like I was tress passing. Even on the dates I had counselor appointments. Not the best first impression. The counselor(s) pushed selected programs like they were business. They kept telling me how my career choices would not guarantee me much of a career and told me I had to take these other two choices. That's a wonderful first impression. Telling me all my education amounted to nothing. None of my Bellevue College credits would transfer over. I'd basically be starting from scratch rather than needing 3-4 quarters of credits to get a degree. They recommended a few placement tests because none of my credits would transfer. I took a few of the placement tests. First the consular had to escort me over twice. Again not a good sign. I walked over on my own first. She escorted me out because "I wasn't suppose to be there." I.e. trespassing. Again not a good first impression. The counselor walked me over again and told her I was suppose to take assessment tests. The first time was to take it. The second time was after I paid and he told her let me take it. Otherwise they wouldn't have even let me. I tried and because they changed math I scored really low. If you didn't do the math equation to the new math you'd basically fail. Even though I passed through math 102 at Bellevue College they some how decided to place me in remedial math with extra coaching. Gee thanks. I passed through English 201 and they some how placed me in English as a second language because their questionnaire at the end of the test that was 50% pass/fail. Based on a simple yes or no question. Even with showing them my transcript showing them I had passed through at least 101 math they still tried to place me in remedial math with extra coaching. I tried to sign up for my desired degree but they told me no you have to take this one. I decided to tell them no and deny them my money. No I would not recommend this school. Not only are they about 10% more expensive than Bellevue College they push degrees like a business and will force you against your free will to take them. They will treat you like a trespasser even if you're where you're supposed to be. Their phones also ring and ring and no one picks up. Good god at leas get a phone messaging service so we can leave voice mails. NO DO NOT ATTEND!

raneea
Ranee A.
July 23rd, 2018

NO DO NOT ATTEND!

Questions? Get answers from the Renton Technical College staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Renton Technical College?

Have a question about Renton Technical College?