Review of Rorousa

Rorousa reviews

felixg33
10/11/18

We wanted to move from California to South America, so we had our car shipped down by RORO USA. First, their customer service seemed quite nice & we received a quote for the process. But from there, things got ever worse:

1) we brought the car to the port to be informed there that we cannot have it shipped with the vessel we booked because US customs will need at least some days. RORO USA didn't seem to know this process

2) On the day of the delivery, RORO USA found a mistake in our documents which have been sent to them two weeks in advance. Additionally, we had not been informed about a certain permit one needs to be allowed into the port in order to deliver a car.

3) Our next attempt to deliver the car failed because the receipt we had been given to by RORO USA was for a different vessel. When they sent us the correct version, the port was already closed.

4) Because of these delays, we had to re-book our flights which was nearly as expansive as the flights themselves.

5) RORO USA did not tell us that we have to leave our car title at the port. Hence, we had to have the document shipped overnight & eventually we didn't get this crucial document back for months. This lead to legal problems in South America since we couldn't cross any borders without a car title.

6) In the middle of all this, the customer service of RORO USA lost all sense of decency & called me "crazy $#*!" and told me "f*ck myself"

6) For several weeks, we were kept in the dark. Nobody sent us updates, we had to ask repeatedly for information concerning our car.

7) When our car finally arrived in South America (97 days after the booking was done) we encountered ever more legal problems we had not been informed of at all by RORO USA. After all, it took us several more weeks & a considerable sum of money to get our car out of the port.

Summary: The entire experience with RORO USA was exhausting, painful, stressful & frustrating. We tried to communicate this to the management but our complaints have been ignored completely. We hope our experience will at least serve others not to make the same mistake.

tobiaso4
5/18/18

They don´t have any dignity. Even rate themselves 5 stars which is a shame. Worst experience ever. Asked them for a quote as I needed a faster shipment then my original offer. Have been promised a swift response but when I contacted them again after two weeks as I haven´t heard from them at all they told me the ship was leaving already. Still booked with them for the next ship then and asked them in when to bring it where and what documents. Had to ask them multiple times but no feedback. Then a couple of days before shipping I finally get a contact. Turns out that coming that late did cost me another 400$ which I could have avoided when I would have gotten an answer from them in due time. Then I get some rather rude mail from them. And to top it all of when the shipment arrived damaged and I had to raise claims they failed to do so and for the last 4 weeks I´ve been chasing them to get an answer in what they communicated to the owner of the vessel and been promised an answer for a specific date repeatedly but never got one. So in summary: rude, untrustworthy, incompetent and because of the extra costs expensive and I most likely have spend more time for the communication to them than they did on the job I gave them. Never again.

Questions? Get answers from the Rorousa staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Rorousa