Review of Rev

Tel: 888-369-0701
support@rev.com

jonathanw95
7/31/17

I sent them 45 hours worth of YouTube videos to transcribe... twice.

In both cases, work was done in under 16 hours.

At the end of the process, they advised me that a few of their captions didn't meet their quality standards and gave me gift cards that more than covered those costs.

The transcriptions they told me didn't meet their standards were still pretty decent, and I had one of my employees touch them up in about half an hour.

My videos average 8 minutes, so 4 videos needing touchup out of 90 hours indicates a 99.5% rate of good captions. I haven't found any other problems besides trivial capitalization issues on brand names, and that's my fault for not uploading a more comprehensive glossary.

I see some reviews of how they treat their employees on here. While I like to imagine my vendors and service providers all have happy staff, I really wish that things like that wouldn't control the star count of the business on this website.

I wish there was a separate page and score for persons who currently or previously worked for the firm being reviewed.

rickc77
6/13/17

Excellent, high-quality service with fast turnaround. They delivered my transcription exactly as promised.

amyk109
5/30/17

Treats their transcriptionists horribly
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Home Based May 30, 2017
Cons: No communication
This company hires transcriptionists. But if there is an issue, they make sure they are not reachable. They literally have other transcriptionist grading your work. And if these other transcriptionists make an error in grading your work , they let you go. They do not return phone calls. They do not return emails. Apparently that is how they do business. They have no problem taking calls from potential clients, but those who work for them they could care less about

katd18
3/30/17

Since I started researching ways to make money online last August, I've definitely made the most money through Rev.com. It's not something you can do while watching TV, unlike some other mindless survey sites, but it does make you money. $875.85 so far, to be exact.

Pro Tip: If you are living outside of the U.S., you might need to use a VPN to pretend that you don't. I've been messaged by people who said they had their accounts cancelled for living in the Philippines. I was able to re-sign them up, and I think that might be because I live mainland.

I actually wrote a review about this on my website http://leave.today/rev-com-review/ if anyone is interested in hearing about my tips and tricks. :)

bobh155
3/9/17

I have no idea why this company is still in business- probably because of the millionaire morons who invested in these crooks. This company digusts me. The quality of their work is a joke. They constantly lie. They are not interested in producing a good product- just collecting as much money as they can from you. From reading numerous reviews, they pay their contractors (the ones doing the work that you pay Rev for), get paid below minimum wage. I know that the transcription/captioning industry pays very low as a whole, but Rev pays the worst and fires their contractors for no reason or for made up reasons. This company is terrible. I hope they go bankrupt.

jamiem95
9/17/16

I tried applying to Rev several times, went through their lengthy application process and everything, only to be denied. I tried contacting them and they wouldn't give me a single reason why I was denied! I tried this several times, as I stated, and every time it's the same thing. Oddly enough, my wife and her friends applied and every single one of her friends were hired. Seems to me like Rev is prejudiced against men. Avoid this company like the plague! There are plenty other sites out there that actually let people work for them, Rev isn't one of them.

Tip for consumers: Find work somewhere else, it isn't worth your time.

Questions? Get answers from the Rev staff and other customers.

Rev?