ResumeTemplates.com reviews

North Shields, NE30 2NH, UK
support@resumetemplates.com

keithg20
6/2/15

This company allows you to build up a nice resume on one of their templates for free. That's the free part.
When you want to use it (download or print) they insist on a PayPal payment of $9.95 US. No problem; I like the template.
BUT!!!!!
Hidden in the user agreement somewhere (I don't recall seeing it) they have it set up that making this payment sets your paypal account to continue making this payment on the first of every month. Pretty sure the impression was given that this was a one-time payment as I received an email after 28 days stating that my access to this service had expired and that I should sign back in should I want to continue using it. Of course, I did not.
Only upon a subsequent check of my paypal acct. did I notice an additional $9.95 coming out on the first of each month along with my regular subscription charges like Netflix, etc.
The scammy part of this is that

1) they do not make it plain that you are subscribing to their service on a monthly basis
2) they SEEM to purposely lead you to believe that your use of their service has been suspended after 28 days via a personal email to that effect
3) you do not get email notifications from either PayPal or ResumeTemplates.com that a payment from your account has been made as one would normally get each month in the case of a Netflix subscription (for example).

Go ahead and use this service but make sure you cancel your 'subscription' before the end of the month. NOT ONE MONTH AFTER SIGNUP. The CALENDAR month.

AMENDMENT TO THE ABOVE:
Upon contacting this company and notifying them of my complaints, they refunded the extra two months' charges promptly. They claim that the subscription notification is part of the signup and is plain to see and read. I do not recall it, obviously, or I would not have used the service as I did. Apparently, when you make the PayPal payment, paypal sends you a notification that a subscription is now active. I do not recall this notification and have no record of it, though I try to keep all correspondence from PayPal in my records. Again, a normal subscription will send me notifications each time a payment is made. This subscription did not. There may be a setting to make notifications an option, I have not encountered it in my limited experience.
Use this service carefully.
The templates are perfectly satisfactory and are editable once downloaded.
I see no reason for a monthly subscription.

victoriaz2
12/8/14

I used Resumetemplates to do a resume about 2 years ago. I paid their $9.95 fee for the service that let me use their template and work with it for a few days. Unbeknownst to me, they have been charging my account for $14.95 for almost 2 years! I found this out today from Paypal. Paypal investigated and can't help me, so anyone reading this can take note of that too. I only needed their template and to be able to work with it for the few days you can for their minimum fee of $9.95. I have no idea how they claim that I wanted to pay them for 2 years, a monthly charge of $14.95. How were they able to get that authorized and why are they able to keep that money after Paypal investigated? I guess Paypal isn't safe!!

Questions? Get answers from the ResumeTemplates.com staff and other customers.

ResumeTemplates.com?