Rentonschools.us reviews

admin_servers@rentonschools.us

1 Review From Our Community

raneea
7/23/18

The only Renton schools that are superb are the elementary schools. After that it's hit or miss and my experience was miss with all the cruel children coupled with all the bullies you could want.

I attended McKnight and found the school to be a never ending detention class. Children were cruel, unpleasant and teachers over punished. Teachers were allowed to scream and yell at students over nothing. Admin could care less and I recall going home crying several nights because of all the bullying. Children that need a little more attention for education do not get it. If it were not for my parents giving extra attention to me I would have been failed in the No Child Left Behind Act. Where it not for the assistance of my parents I would have been placed in remedial classes because the teachers gave up on me for education. McKnight is also run like a never ending detention class. No fun allowed basically. Admin has unrealistic ideas about how it should operate and in reality several of their rules fail. I maybe remember about 20% of my middle school education and felt like I could have gotten more. The don't even teach children cursive any more as it's all done on the computer. They don't even teach children their constitutional rights any more. What has this school become of?

Hazen High is even worse. The bullies start to become criminals and more abusive. The teachers scream and yell at their students and children can half fail their classes and still manage to graduate. If one student has an allergy to a particular food it's banned for all students. In the '80's it use to be take care of your self. Children in the '80's were more label smart and could take care of them selves food wise than children today. I hated all my high school years. Assemblies were mandatory and I often decided just to go to the cafeteria instead. I barely passed my high school years with my slower learning disability as the teachers did not spend extra time with me. There is such a thing as a stupid question here and most of your basic questions go unanswered.

Do your self a favor and send your children else where. I noticed if a child has a knack for something they're given extra attention and kudos. If a child is struggling they are not given extra attention and allowed to fail. I had a couple teachers intentional fail me like it was a joke and my parents near sued the school because it wasn't funny. A few bully situations occurred and teachers did nothing to assist they thought I was making up the whole thing. Admin did nothing. Once my parents become more compliant they started waking up to reality. I had a few friends finish school at home by home schooling because the bullying got so bad they couldn't even life a healthy life.

Questions? Get answers from the Rentonschools.us staff and other customers.

Rentonschools.us?