Review of Remote Island

Remote Island reviews

rogers137
8/18/14

Like others after a lot of emails and contacting the local Trading Standards Office, I sent back a plane that was not as they'd advertised it. They refused to refund my money. My advise to anyone thinking of placing orders with these crooks is DONT.

keithm13
7/15/13

This lot appear to be a right bunch of bandits. They were quick to take my money, but they have sent me absolutely nothing at all & they have not replied to my emails. This is blatant theft. I have emailed my credit provider in the hope that they can get my money back for me. They should not be allowed to get away with this. This behaviour is totally disgusting. If this company were found to take from a bank in this way or took any kind of government money, they would go to prison. I think they should receive the same punishment for so blatantly stealing from ordinary people.

brianb21
7/11/13

I know the address of these pirates now, and have looked it up on street view, there is certainly no remote-island or elephant import and that address, I am going to ring the police now and get the fraud squad out. Paid £70 for a tank, and it is not working, and they keep sending emails back outlining their terms and conditions. I'M COMING FOR YOU!! YOU WILL BE SHUT DOWN!!

brianb16
7/11/13

This is a bloody awful site, awful customer service, and when they know they've got £70 out of you, no reply from emails because they don't want to give you refunds!
A load of bloody crooks! I'm reporting them to trading standards.

danielw32
1/13/13

They have now shut down! I'm not surprised really as I'm £199 out of pocket there utter $#*!!! Iv got in contact with trading standerds to try get my money back!
Stay away!!!!

mikeg33
2/25/12

seems like a lot of folk have been ripped off by this bunch,I have just laid a complaint on consumerdirect.gov.uk,I ask that all you fellow victims please do the same,if enough people complain,maybe we can put them out of business.thanks. We bought snow goose rc plane,which was faulty,sent a email requesting return code,
they have never replied ,this was october 2011..Stay away.

guyw3
8/23/11

wish i had read this review before i had placed my order everything ive looked at is true ,promised my son a remote boat for his birthday no show not even a reply to the countless emails i sent feel a right mug ,companies like this want hunting down and hit with the full force of the law ,and spend a few days getting moaned at by all the kids thet have let down conning bastards

louisea3
8/23/11

Ordered a rc plane, never arrived and they don't reply to e-mails. Stay clear of these, they obviously are crooks cos seen loads of these reviews.

ianl1
7/15/11

This company is run by fraudsters and crooks who must be prosecuted and closed down now

tonyh8
3/31/11

Bought this as a gift for someone and of course I had to test it out myself. The product works very well and after I gave it I just had to buy one for myself. Fast delivery, fair prices and loads of fun! Its not just for young people, or just for boys. I think anyone would love to have one of these motorized toys.

rachellem
3/30/11

It's Cool. I have purchased a Small Airplane & It lands perfectly at My Home :D
One of da perfect on line purchase for me.

simonf3
3/30/11

I have bought from these guys several times. They are so helpful and polite and everything I need is always in

Stock and delivered as stated. I have dealt with many rc online retailers along with several actual model shops and would never use them again, Its Remote Island all the way baby! Amazing RC Plane, excellent quality, excellent stock of spare parts. Very, very good and helpful staff. Remote Island is an amazing company and so is my model.

Strengths: Quick delivery & Low prices
Weaknesses:Christmas stuff sells out really quickly!

matts16
3/28/11

Absolute bunch of crooks. Took my money promising next day delivery, but took 2 weeks to deliver. By this time I had made 2 attempts to cancel the order by email because 2 weeks was too late for my girlfriend's birthday, but no reply.

Eventually they sent an email saying that they would accept a return as a good will gesture, but I would have to pay to send it back and would be refunded less the outbound delivery charge + stocking fee.

It is now 28th March and I have had no refund despite them saying that they had. I placed the order in December.

These people really need to be stopped from trading.

jk12
3/24/11

Yep. I've had the same experience at the others. I bought faulty goods and have been refused a refund despite returning the item. These guys are a total joke. Do not use this website if you value quality and customer service.

aj36
3/8/11

Total rip-off merchants, tell you to return goods via their returns system and then keep the goods without giving you a new one or a refund....you cannot call them, they ignore your emails and are total frauds....do no buy from this website !!! You have been warned !

db9
8/24/10

At first it appears a well designed website with lotes of fun products. I bought a radio controlled airplance which was appalling quality, and was faulty in more ways than one.

I returned this product exactly as they requested. They received and signed for the product but 7 weeks and 10 e-mails later they have still not credited me.

Please do not use this website.

Questions? Get answers from the Remote Island staff and other customers.

Remote Island?