Review of Reliable

Tel: 1-800-359-5000
ReliableService@Reliable.com

stevew118
4/6/15

After ordering product that turned out to be years old I was offered free replacement for newer product at the same price. After returning the defective product and paying for the full invoice I received a second invoice wanting to charge for the replacement product. Spoke to a supervisor and they WILL NOT HONOR the agreement made by their representative. Trash company! Avoid them!!!

bw34
1/10/15

I have used Reliable (an Office Depot co.) on and off for years. However, this last experience I had with them in Jan 2015 caused me to swear them off completely.

On Dec 30 I ordered two cases of paper, one of 8.5x14 and one of 11x17 with a total of $101.23.

They broke the order into two and sent the case of 11x17. On about Jan 6 I went to the Reliable website and looked up my order to determine the status of the case of 8.5x14 I had not yet received. It appeared they must've had some technical issues because in addition to my original order (which was showing partially shipped) they listed 22 additional orders of the 8.5x14 for the original order date that said "Backordered". Then one a subsequent order that said "Canceled" and one more after that which said "Shipped".

Confused, I contacted customer service and asked for the status of the order. I was told that it was previously on back order but now had shipped. I asked for a tracking number and was given a long string of digits. I asked who the carrier was and she said "UPS". I told her that the number she just gave me was most certainly not a UPS tracking number as they always start with "1Z", which this one did not. I asked again if the order had shipped and after some "checking" she then changed her answer and said it had, in fact, not shipped. I requested she cancel the order and she pretended to do that for me and said I would receive a refund if they had already charged the card. I asked for a cancellation number and she said that their system does not generate them.

So, smash cut to several days later and I'm checking my credit card statement. A charge for the 8.4x14 posted to my account the day after speaking with the rep. Not only did she not cancel my order, she instead charged my card. On top of it, when adding together the two amounts they charged me for each partial shipment, my order went from $101.23 to $115.57.

It's not a lot, but I'm frustrated with her wasting my time by lying to me and charging my card instead of canceling the order. So, I will contact them on Monday to verify that indeed the rest of my order has really shipped and request a refund for the difference. And, our business relationship is over.

annea11
6/12/14

I was going to place a large order for my company after receiving a $50 off a $100 purchase coupon but I found that everything on their website is 2x the cost of buying the same item elsewhere. Do they really think that people won't notice that they jacked up the price of everything to cover the cost of this coupon? Will spend my money elsewhere. Reliable.com does not seem like an honest company to me after this.

johnd240
2/11/14

I have purchased several orders from this company. Today I placed an order for an HP Printer totaling a mere $650 and they denied me because my business credit is too new. I have an excellent payment history and an 80 D&B Paydex Score and have always paid Reliable timely. This is just unbelievable for them to even deny me based on the presumption I would ruin my business credit for a $650 printer. They have lost me as a customer. I will give all of my business to Quill Office Supplies. They at least trust me up to a $1,000.

Questions? Get answers from the Reliable staff and other customers.

Reliable?