Review of Rabbit

Rabbit reviews

help@rabb.it

jaimem88
3/21/19

I have seen various iterations of this website over the past few years. None more so divisive as the January 2019 update. In failing to do any public testing or methods of individually reversing the change, the user base of the site has become enraged. This is only compounded by the developers refusal to learn from feedback, engage their users, or even provide the most basic of support. One only needs to visit their social media to see how little they care for improving their product.

Look for alternatives, this is only a nightmare with each update.

lalap5
3/1/19

I cant even hide the giant chat sidebar that takes up half of the screen. Reverse this update because it's made Rabbit a horrible site

jamesf709
2/17/19

BEFORE: Rooms could be open OR private, easily selectable. When my friends and I wanted to watch something together, it didn't matter if someone we knew hadn't friended us yet, or we wanted to add an unexpected guest or someone one new on the fly. We could easily gather in one of our rooms set Open, and then change it to Private after we were all on, or just add someone to the room when they requested access.

NOW: You CAN'T HAVE a private room. At all. Unless you set up an explicit group for all of the usernames you want to be in it. It's OK if you have an established group of friends that meets regularly that you can make a group for, but setting it up is a pain in the butt, and for a non-established ad hoc bunch of people, it's too much trouble to even bother. (And if you just leave your room open, you're likely to get invaded or trolled.)

BEFORE: When you put Rabbit into full-screen mode, the content being watched filled most of the left-side of the screen, with the chat area next to it. This was wonderful for shared watching of movies, since the movie would take up most of your TV and look nice, and the chat didn't get in the way.

NOW: When you go into full-screen mode, the chat area goes semi-transparent and overlays about a quarter of the video on the right. It's UGLY. It totally ruins trying to watch a movie or any other kind of immersive video content.

BEFORE: In your own room, you could control who used the remote. If you wanted to give someone else control, you could, by manually freeing the remote.

NOW: Any random person in the room can grab the remote and take over the controls, anytime.

== ALSO==

The new control layout is UGLY and wastes a lot of the screen space. The new chat colors are UGLY. When this update first came out, the chat text used to just run off the right side of the screen, but this has now been "fixed" by breaking up words wherever they happen to hit the edge. (Guys, that's not how word wrap is supposed to work.) THE CHAT AREA DOESN'T AUTO-SCROLL PROPERLY.

And I'm not even mentioning the problems people are having getting Rabbit to even connect to important sites like Netflix.

IN SHORT, this update:

* lacks expected functionality
* is hard to use
* is buggy
* has poorly designed (I would even say UGLY) visuals, and a poor page layout.

As Rabbit currently exists, I would not recommend it even as a chew toy for your dog. If the company wants to add new features or make the site more social, that might be an OK idea, but really, they MUST roll back to the previous version, and start adding the new features to that established base. Trying to FIX the features of the Frankensteinian mess that is the new version appears hopeless.

However, Rabbit has stated on Twitter that they have NO intention of doing a roll-back. So, until something changes in a major way, I for one won't be using Rabbit -- and I USED to be on the site nearly every day.

dariak12
2/12/19

Just please, PLEASE bring back LD/HD button. My connection is, like, 200 mbit/s, but I only have seen HD quality for maybe 10 seconds since the update. I KNOW it's capable of streaming HD just fine, but automatic function isn't working correctly at all. Please( Let it be chosen manually(

imnotg
2/8/19

This was the update no one asked for. For some reason, they made the desktop version look like a mobile app. It really makes me not want to go on Rabbit anymore especially because you can't browse specific public genres anymore, or at least I couldn't figure out how to.

nataliew207
2/7/19

The only easy thing to do is to host a public room. Everything else that has been changed has been a backslide or is so hard to figure how to work that I'm willing to just find a new website and learn how to use that rather than a place I've been using to almost 2 years.

shrekmeharderd
2/6/19

the new update literally broke rabbit there are so many problems now i can barely use it. Some sites that dont allow VPN's dont work, Netflix doesnt work, i cant figure out the new layout and the screen is now smaller then it used to be, it crashes more often, and a lot of other features that used to work perfectly fine are simply broken now.

jessicaj244
1/12/19

netflix doesnt work :(
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Response from Customer S., Rabbit Representative
Hey -- Sorry to hear you're having issues. We're a pretty small team, and are working to improve all the time. Please reach out to us through help@rabb.it.
coolk2
12/23/18

i was in my own room and it wouldnt let me sign into netflix because it said add the dumb extension and i already have it so. but then it let my stupid boyfriend do it but i couldnt he oesnt even have the extension

fuckn4
7/25/18

$#*!ty website doesnt load, doesnt let me stream, trash complete and utter trash. Theres many better options find something else

johnr605
John R.
2/21/18

Rabb.it is a brilliant social app that, for free, enables users to watch movies and other content in the company of other viewers. Its like being in a living room watching a show on the TV with friends and trading comments in real time.

In keeping with the big move to video by FB and everybody else, Rabb.it gives you the option of running your face cam OR NOT. You can just leave your avatar displayed instead. Fellow viewers also have the option of not seeing your face cam. If you dont want to see a viewer's cam, click on the image and that viewer's avatar will take its place. People criticize apps because they have not taken the time to learn them.

The coolest thing about this app is the level of civility I find there. Ive been on it only a few weeks but have not come across a single hater. Also, no profanity and while there are disagreements the tone does not turn into personal insults like you see elsewhere. The user base is friendly and welcoming, and a lot of good insights come out of the discussions.

Try it for yourself and I think you will agree the developers have put a lot of effort into creating a positive user experience.

chickenm
11/29/17

The new rabb.it update forces you to use a camera chat with people online, giving no privacy to what you watch with people. People join rooms to watch the films on the screen, not stare at people's cameras.

evel644
11/29/17

i tried this site for 3 months, in that 3 months (Oct-Dec) I watched this site go from "pretty cool" to a new change each month that has systematically destroyed what was good about it imo. Now, unless you love to be on camera- find another website. As you cannot join a room, open your own room to share with others, unless you have a webcam and are showing.

The browser they offer is sub par and not updated.So there is freezing of videos/movies and such.

You used to not have pop ups or ads..u used to be able to disable the new GIANT bubble pins taking up the screen and making ur movie/anime/video watching space much smaller. The emoticons were readable, people could add friends and i thought it had a lot of promise! I was sooo wrong. What a waste of time.

Tip for consumers: The "feedback"/help buttons.. goes to no one. There is NO response from rabb.it if u try.

meaganp3
8/10/16

Easy to use, no pop ups so far. Can go to other sites other then video ones. Just wish there was an option to turn the circle bubbles into squares. Love it though.

hollyc17
7/23/15

My fiance has been in the Army for about a year now. We FaceTime each other every night. Long distance relationships can be frustrating sometimes because its nearly impossible to watch a simple movie together or discuss future plans without having him actually here with me. However, rabb.it has completely changed that game! The website allows you to open a chat room. You simply make an account and create a room! You copy and send the link of that room to whomever (in this case my fiance) and he pastes it in the search bar and a bubble pops up. Inside the bubble is live video/audio of him. In the chat, whoever created the room has the "remote." (You can switch the remote back and forth also) You can click on launch pad and open up ANYTHING on the internet for the both of you to see! Including Netflix! This website has given us back the ability to watch movies together, watch videos on youtube, and even look at houses and future expenses together. It honestly has been a huge blessing for our communication, and although its only in the beta stage, and is not available on some devices, it has a promising future. I love using this, and so does my fiance.

It's a real company. Incompetent and ran by people who never learned how to use PR, but real nonetheless.

By Jaime M.
Questions? Get answers from the Rabbit staff and other customers.

Rabbit?