Review of Purse.IO

Purse.IO reviews

nickn92
11/28/18
Warning to all shoppers who use Purse!

You do not have a valid warranty for the Purse orders made using fraudulent means! which account for more that 80% of orders on Purse! (from 99 orders i made on purse 80 were made using fraudulent means - confirmed by Amazon)

If you buy electronics or some expensive stuff and you don't want to throw away money, don't buy it using Purse. For a 15-20% discount you lose all value if you need warranty.

I leaned it the hard way. A few weeks ago i needed warranty for some items i bought on Purse. I contacted Amazon because i did not have the invoice the manufacturer asked when i tried to RMA the product, and they told me the orders were placed using fraudulent means and i could not have a invoice or any right regarding warranty.

I contacted Purse who helped me with a refund for 2 orders made by users who still had an account on Purse, but for the rest of the orders worth about 2500$ they won't help. Their 10000$ Purse warranty does not exist.

At the time is seemed a good idea to have a 10-20% discount on Amazon, but now after all this i won't use Purse ever again.

Please don't order nothing on Purse that needs warranty or you throw your money away!
luxianov
3/27/17
I have been contacting Purse.io support via various methods, because I pay my BTC for and Order that was NOT delivered To my address. They Still release my BTC to the seller even though, he never confirmed my address. I finally got Amazon to confirm that the items were NOT delivered to me, and Purse's supports never responded to the email proof I sent from Amazon. Totally unprofessional. For being a BTC project very very disappointed, NOT ready to be a global retailer.
firstl14
2/27/16
Room for improvement #1: Even though Purse.io, and some of their more satisfied users say I should just send an email to *****@purse.io, for some reason, they do not use a ticketing system like all other, normal companies do, so I cannot keep them accountable, like: "Hey, have you received my email with a ticket number @#?"

They simply don't reply to email and are sitting on my money (bitcoins). I have no idea why I got locked out of my account in the first place.

Room for improvement #2: In general I feel pretty unsafe on their site, they could use much better security measures. I don't like 'hard coded' emails for the account, that is, the user cannot easily change her registered email. (Are you listening, SiteJabber as well? You made the same mistake.) I understand changing your email may have security precautions with a site, such as Purse storing money (bitcoins), but as an example, they partner with CoinBase, and CoinBase use much better security measures, you can get a verification code not only on the phone but in email as well, according to your preferences, how much money (bitcoins) do you store on the site, how secure you want to be or not want to be (security is always a trade off, as Bruce Schneier famously use to say).

Room for improvement #3: The ability to use a trusted, 3rd party escrow service.

Questions? Get answers from the Purse.IO staff and other customers.

Purse.IO?