Public Mobile

Public Mobile has a consumer rating of 2.75 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Public Mobile ranks 29th among Mobile Carriers sites.

How would you rate Public Mobile?

“Money saving provider over Telus network. $10 sign-up bonus with code 7PNPN8”

Sally J.
8/15/20

Setup was smooth and easy. Porting an existing number is fast, or you can customize a new number. SIM cards can be purchased for just $2.99 at Canadian Cell Supplies with free shipping. Good national coverage on Telus network. The basic plans with add-ons that don't time expire fit my needs well. There are several reward options to lower your monthly bill, discounts that add up over time, and are welcome for those of us on a retired fixed income. For a $10 sign-up bonus please use code 7PNPN8

“Terrible Company”

Vee D.
6/21/21

They don't have customer service, you have to go online and make an contact to speak with volunteers who waste your time and never actually help. They drag the back and forth messages with endless verification questions. One of them even ridiculed me and didn't bother to proceed addressing my inquiry. I regret switching to this company. This is my last month with them, I highly encourage people to do your research and reconsider.

veed5
June 21st, 2021

damonh24
December 21st, 2017

Cellular provider working from the telus, bell network for much cheaper. No call center but when it takes an hour to talk to a human at telus or bell what is the difference really? Forum based tech support with ways to make your bill cheaper like 2$ off for auto pay and 1$ off for every referal. Even money off for helping others on the forum.
If you decide to sign up please message me here when u order your sim and i will give you my number to use as a referal thanx! For the dollar in advance.if not cool it's still a great service.

Tip for consumers:
You have to bring your own unlocked device.

ryanc910
May 23rd, 2021

Followed all provided set up and porting instructions. I spent almost a month unaware my phone number could not receive calls or text. I am expected to pay for my next month of no service in a couple of days.

Calling their customer service line gives only account information or changes to, no assistance with problems. The ONLY methods of assistance are going to a physical store and complaining, or making a second Public mobile account for their forums and MAYBE getting a reply in a few days. Then waiting another few days to get a reply to your response.

Go with Public Mobile if you want to gamble on paying for a service you wont get, and jumping through hoops to MAYBE correct it.

Photos are from the Public Mobile Community 'Help' forum.

Tip for consumers:
Unless you like gambling, or need more stress in your life, do not use Public Mobile.

Products used:
Sim card and tomorrow will be 29 days of paying for a phone service I have never received.

sallyj113
August 15th, 2020

Setup was smooth and easy.
Porting an existing number is fast, or you can customize a new number.
Good national coverage on Telus network.
The basic plans with add-ons that don't time expire fit my needs well.
For a $10 sign-up bonus please use code 7PNPN8

Questions? Get answers from the Public Mobile staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Public Mobile?

Have a question about Public Mobile?