Review of Prep Logic

Seattle, Washington 98111, United States

ryano4
9/1/11

PREPLOGIC UNETHICAL PRACTICES!
I agreed to and it was my full intent to undertake a TRAIL OPTION on the 'Ultimate Access' in agreement of a possible purchase thereafter. 5 days prior to the trail period/window, I asked for a termination and informed them through various channels that I was not interested in continuing and expected no further deduction from my account; but would look to make further purchases in the future. I got a response from the sales agent I originally dealt with proposing another 'SALES' offer, which I politely/rightfully declined. Thereafter, 3 days after the window period expired, I got a call from my bank's fraud department to be told that PREPLOGIC were billing me, which worked out to around 25% of the overall purchase price for $199/month for 1 year (25% of the full ultimate access package: $199*12=$2388*0.25= +-$597 debited from my account), which they claim is a 25% return policy fee - For what, to cancel a deal I never agreed to and so that one employee can push a button to terminate the so called/proposed demo/purchase?
When talking to the sales agent on the phone, I was always given the impression that if I paid an extra $50 (Confirmed via e-mail) on an original purchase that I could 'DEMO' (not purchase) there library option and if not satisfied I could terminate with 'no questions asked'. However, if you do the math, regardless of the 'only pay $50 extra for the demo, sales pitch', you will always end up either paying the full amount or a 25% return fee if PrepLogic process it as purchase and not a demo/ trail for the 'Ultimate access' package So the 'only pay $50 extra' pitch is a complete MISPREPRESENTAION and the sales agents fail to disclose all vital information that is relevant to your agreement i.e. We are actually processing a purchase, not a demo, therefore regardless, you are expected to pay a lot more that $50 and 'we won't bother mentioning things like our 25% return policy fee on purchase', because that may just scare off a client and I (the sales agent) and PREPLOGIC will lose commission and a sale! This is disgusting business practice that needs to be put to an abrupt end None of these dodgy dealings could fall within company best practice or a 'consumer protection act' or the like. And the sad reality is that PREPLOGIC has a great product, but is short-sighted and greedy enough to burn their brand for what is ultimately a small amount of money to them at the end of the day. If this is how short-sighted their management is, they will never get any recommendations, will lose clientele, only gain bad press for their unethical behaviour and will need much deeper 'marketing budget pockets'!
They are now trying everything under the sun to retain my money that was taken off my credit card even after authorisation was declined. PREPLOGIC is attempting 'negotiate' (meet us half way approach more like force) a sale under duress in order to retain my unauthorised transaction! I have declined any settlement of this nature and am only willing to pay the agreed $50 on the demo and expect a full return of all outstanding moneys rightfully owning to me. I have also made contact with various regulatory bodies and these may be of assistance to anyone out there that is having to deal with such uncouth business and fraudulent practices
Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
State Attorney General's office
State Consumer Protection Office
Better Business Bureau (BBB): http://www.bbb.org/
You may also file complaints about e-commerce (business or trade that takes place on the Internet) across international borders at econsumer.gov

edc2
3/29/11

My 2 cents is if you really need these types of certs is to do it at a real class not online, but if you do not have access to a real class then this is a good site from what I have heard. Ideally you really benefit from one on one instruction and there is no substitute for that. This type of online learning is best for those who already mastered the material and just need to show future employers they know their stuff.

barbaral4
3/28/11

The prep logic course did a good job in preparing me for the IT exams and so I cannot fault them for that. I signed up for their unlimited access which was a good deal if you are going for more than one exam. The problem with the site is that they are bad about auto billing you. When you try to cancel, they ignore you. They just keep billing your credit card. You will need to cancel the card to stop payments. I would say just get the single certs and not the unlimited access

Questions? Get answers from the Prep Logic staff and other customers.

Prep Logic?