Review of Posterous

Posterous reviews

ac37
4/4/11

Very useful site for blogging and user engagement collaboration!

chriso1
3,145 helpful votes
10/8/09

Now this one is cool. Or neat, or dope, or whatever teens are using these days to mean jolly good. So much so that I had to try it out for myself, and it's so easy that it's compelling. Early days yet, that's clear, with only a handful of templates and no monetization, but that'll come later (oddly, the Firefox spell checker has "demonetization" but no "monetization". Must have been written when the dot com boom was going bust).

The core idea here is being able to post by email, simply attaching whatever files you want in your blog, and then leaving it to a spot of Web 2.0 magic to grab that and post it up on your page with the appropriate players or galleries automatically generated for you. And for good measure, another wave of the wand will post it all to Twitter, Facebook, or one or more of many other social networking services.

Whether I'll continue to post now I've made one effort, is another matter, because for some reason it's harder to keep going once you've started, regardless of the laws of physics which claim otherwise. But if I do post anywhere, and as long as I'm able to post there, I'll post there. The place has a good feel to it so far, and if they can keep the phentramin-d and affiliate marketing people out it should do really well.

jeremyg
10/8/09

I admit it. I don't often post to my personal blog [read: ever]. However, if I ever start posting more frequently, I will use Posterous. It's the simplest blogging platform I've seen and it's impressively easy to post things via email. You just email them what you want to put up, and Posterous will send it to your WordPress blog, Twitter account, Facebook feed, Flickr photostream and whatever other social yada yada you can think of. It's nothing if not elegant in its simplicity.

Questions? Get answers from the Posterous staff and other customers.

Posterous?