Review of PoemHunter.com

PoemHunter.com reviews

info@poemhunter.com

jb473
7/3/18

Administration of this site is appalling. I have been seriously defamed on there and my address has been given publicly on there. I have had threats to come to my home based on totally false information manufactured by one member due to his history with someone who is my friend, and my complaints to Poemhunter have gone unreplied. This Site is a trolls paradise behind a veneer of fake friendliness and my unfortunate experience is having a very detrimental effect on my health and life. Since the administrators are unable or unwilling to implement their own site rules, and so ignorant that they do not reply when serious incidents are pointed out, it should be shut down immediately.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.

kellyt39
12/29/15

I used to use many sites to read poems. But poem hunter was the better than others I think .
I cannot say that I have difficulties with it .

robertd171
12/27/15

The site is really a fantastic site for poetry. At least, everything in it is for free and you have to pay nothing to share as many as you want from your poems.

alexl36
5/7/13

It would be nice if they had even a modicum of respect for copyright. Horrible site.

thomasb16
7/27/11

This is a highly unreliable website for those seeking an accurate rendering of many poems. There is at least one alleged author on this site who is a proven plagiarist, yet the owners of Poemhunter.com do nothing about this matter. They have been contacted on several occasions, but have yet to do anything about this problem.

As an educator, I am appalled at the blatant disregard for both accuracy and honesty in the handling of the works of great as well as unknown authors of poetry. It is with a keen mind and a solid resolve that I display to the world - do not frequent this site, for there is naught but fraudulence and deceit present!

tn1
1,553 helpful votes
4/28/11

being at home with my poetry books makes me swoon constantly. i've been reading poetry again nightly (e.e. cummings, charles bukowski, emily $#*!inson, jack gilbert, leonard cohen, etc.) and when i hit on something lovely that i want to share with someone else, i use poemhunter to find the poem in copy and paste form. most of the time it's fine, but once in a while, you hit the search button and get a spammy pop-up telling you've just won an ipad. leave me to read langston hughes in peace, man!

poetry is one of those things i'm not sure i could do in kindle form just yet, and on the computer it's even worse. however, i might read more poetry online if sites like poemhunter were a little more aesthetically pleasing and less sneaky-spammy.

Hello, Yes, you can create your own account on PoemHunter.com and submit as many as you wish of your poems. For any other question, please feel free to ask. Regards

By Poem H.

Questions? Get answers from the PoemHunter.com staff and other customers.

PoemHunter.com?