PETA

PETA has a consumer rating of 2.9 stars from 10 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. PETA also ranks 3rd among Animal Rights sites.

How would you rate PETA?

“Excellent”

Julia S.
8/14/19

This charity does a brilliant job raising awareness about animal suffering worldwide. I particularly appreciate the petitions, by which we can still support even if we are not able to donate to the very worthwhile campaigns. Good job PETA.

“*Eats hamburger while reading reviews*”

HUNTER S.
4/11/19

Alright so, I $#*!ing love eating burgers, uhh... I don't know what to say other than this thing is Absolute Sh*t and I would rather follow the KKK on Facebook than this.

julias218
August 14th, 2019
Good job PETA.
juliew15
May 28th, 2013
They have had there issues over the years but they are the best site around. Many people cannot visit this site because of the graffic contents. But its real and they do a great job, also there store is great order anything from them and its shipped fast and good quality.
eddyt1
December 4th, 2012
Doing super important work. Not for the squeemish---but animal rights never is!

I support their mall as well.
ginnyd2
October 9th, 2016
PETA is an important organization that informs the public of the abuse of innocent animals. Animals should always have the same rights as all of us. But there are differences of opinion on what we consume. I'm not an animal rights fanatic or a strict vegetarian. But my heart goes out to the innocent animals that have no voice in how they're treated.
While PETA is well intentioned, they have mailed out dated material relating to incidents that were long ago brought to the public's attention. More importantly, they sometimes provide links that can be used to observe horrendous abuse such as clubbing dogs to death, skinning animals alive, etc. This is too extreme for most people as it's a sad reflection on mentally ill people, abusive for-profit industries, POLITICIANS that look the other way because they get donations, and pathetically poor cultures where there is very little government oversight into the suffering that animals endure while SKINNED ALIVE for their most precious body defense ~ their fur.
PETA doesn't need for the public to see this type of graphic abuse to get their point across. It's heart wrenching and brings tears to any normal person. PETA should also recognize that while a vegetarian diet might be beneficial, eating non vegetarian food is often beneficial. As a society, we need to think about forcing industries to allow these creatures that enable us to sustain ourselves to have more roaming freedom as a cost of doing business. We would probably consume less and be healthier. Another option is gene therapy so that the animals don't experience the sadness they can't express to the world as their lives and the lives of their loved ones get extinguished.
duked
July 9th, 2009
Not for the faint of heart or the humans who prefer to remain in denial about the animal industry. What I like about this website is that it has teeth and tells it like it is. Viva la Revolution!
debs368
February 3rd, 2020
Upset reptile owner tired of purchasing smelly, urine covered sick frozen making my reptiles suffer.
hunters73
April 11th, 2019
randalls30
July 28th, 2019
The biggest scam organization that every ignorant unthinking sheep falls for. Murders more animals than any bloodsport or meat processing plant ever could dream of.
brittleyb
February 23rd, 2019
PETA kills healthy adoptable animals, and then tells us to go vegan and not use animals for entertainment! They can just stop acting like they care, because clearly they don't.
dennisw70
March 15th, 2017
Honest rating: 0%. Seriously? What kind of group that claims to love animals, puts 96% of the animals they recover, to death? This website is home to a whole horde of brain-washing idiots who honestly don't know when to shut the $#*! up.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the PETA staff and other customers.

Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? READ M...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PETA?

Have a question about PETA?