Review of Paper Rater

Tel: +1 513-929-1775
support@paperrater.com

kelsieh2
11/23/17

I greatly appreciated the feedback I received from paperrater.com. It is an excellent resource with good suggestions. The grade and vocabulary rater are good motivators. I recommend this to anyone needed a good proofreader.

tomm1292
6/15/17

I use PaperRater before submitting school papers and can say that it is a tremendous resource for students and writers in general. I always need someone to proofread my papers, but I hate to bother a friend to do it. PaperRater to the rescue!

ronk
9/28/11

Hi, Hope everyone is well/happy:
I've used this quite a bit for business and academic purposes. You can Copy/Paste your text into website, and it will review your work for grammar, syntax, and a variety of other common errors certainly detracting from ideal communications.
Here's what site says:

"PaperRater.com is a free resource, developed and maintained by linguistics professionals and graduate students. PaperRater.com is used by schools and universities in over 46 countries to help students improve their writing.

PaperRater.com combines the power of natural language processing (NLP), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, information retrieval (IR), computational linguistics, data mining, and advanced pattern matching (APM). We offer the most powerful writing tool available on the internet today.

As part of the development process, we put together a team of computational linguists and subject matter experts to develop a core Natural Language Processing (NLP) engine using statistical and rules-based NLP to extract language features from essays and robustly translate that into statistical models. We hope to showcase some of our technology at a later date.

What makes us different?
We've tried out similar websites and found them to be out of touch with most writers' needs. We found false-positive rates as high as 50% on grammar detection. As the Hippocratic Oath encourages medical doctors to "first do no harm", we wanted to create tools that do not muddy the waters in the process of assisting with the craft of writing. These same websites acquire hefty payments for the use of their services, while our goal has always been to provide tools that are universally accessible."

Comprehensive, but if your writing must suggest precision, this can help.
Warmly kids...smile,
Ron

Questions? Get answers from the Paper Rater staff and other customers.

Paper Rater?