Review of PagePlus

PagePlus reviews

Tel: +1-800-550-2436

mariannek22
11/12/18

I cancelled autopay online for my mother to close her account. They charged her account the next month. When I called to ask why, they said there is a glitch online and it doesn't always cancel autopay. Yet online, it shows as cancelled, so from our view it was completed. Page Plus REFUSED to reimburse despite her phone not used at all that month.

maureenf26
4/29/18

I had this service for 2.5 years. The coverage was good and usually worked well. I loved that it was a no contract, pay as you go plan: AKA no nasty surprises. I made a huge mistake by switching. I've been with Verizon for 3 weeks and I am furious about their misleading and shady business practices. When my contract is up, I am going back to PagePlus.

juanr65
4/7/17

My experience with them wasn't bad until I got a smartphone and started using their data plans. I had heard many complaints about their automatic payment service so I decided to purchase online "cards" every month.

They send you a confirmation email when you buy a card but not when you've applied the PIN to your phone. Also, if they don't apply the PIN to your phone, they don't let you know that you've been switched to their cash payment plan.

So even though I KNOW I applied my PIN last month they claim I haven't. I owe them so much in cash payment now plus they've reset the due dates (which used to be on the 21st of the month but now are the 7th because I had recently bought a new card, unaware that they hadn't applied the previous one).

They refused to set things right and when I complained about their lack of notices they said "we don't do that", so they simply don't let you know when they're changing your service. Stay away from this company, they will do what they can to rip you off. They don't even list their headquarters online to make it harder to complain about them with the Better Business Bureau, but eventually I found it (9700 NW 112th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178), unless they lied to me about that, too. I had to contact customer service to get it.

BTW if you do a search for "pageplus headquarters" stay away from the first link. It tries to install "ransomware" on your computer if you go there. I'm not sure if PagePlus is behind that as well but either way it's a really dirty trick.

jenng21
1/25/17

When I got their phone there was no back, they wanted me to pay the postage to send it back so I kept it. This was a back up phone in case I lost my phone or was in an area where my Sprint based phone would not work and the price was only $10 for a so called smart phone. I first used a pay as you go plan of 100 minutes for 3 months, I could not get my android gmail etc to transfer over, I turned of the phone to cancel the data (and most of the time I was on wifi) but after making 3 short calls and having less than 7 texts they said I used up 100 minutes, they said the phone must have been continuing using data even turned off. Since I did not have a regular phone which I was waiting for, I had to continue using this phone so I signed up for a monthly plan of 250 minutes and same texts for $12, I probably made 120 minutes on calls and could not even get texts or take pictures on the camera or access any data on this piece of $#*! phone, but I could not cancel, because it was the only phone that I had. At the end of the month I called them to try to work something out, they refuse to refund or give me credit. The rates sound very attractive, they are low because their crappy phones give you poor service and they make money because you can make very few calls, send texts made and unable to access data. For $22, they did not care that they had a disgruntled customer who would inform the public about their poor service. If you use a credit card, your company should reimburse you.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use this service, you will regret it.

deed87
4/22/16

I have to rewrite my previous 5-star review. They answer the phone quickly - that alone is 2-stars. The network is fine from my state.
You can't control caller ID or block calls, or any features. They don't work.
After you pay, your phone still won't function until you call it in.
They sold out and now it's based in the Philippines.
Checking your balance? The texting option doesn't function.
Texting for auto-transit information? It may take two weeks for them to get it functional, after repeated, repeated calls. They pretend to not have heard of that type of messaging system - which banks, even google, and everyone under the sun now uses. Changing devices or porting out to another company is very simple with this company.
You cant see a list of your own calls without hiring a lawyer, going to court and asking the judge for a subpoena. This can be important if you are submitting a document and have to know the date and time of calls.
AVOID!

kristah5
1/23/14

I was using verizon for so many years I been on a contract with them for over 5 years my bill was over $120 plus tax every month I find out about page plus from a friend and they using verizon towers and to my surprise I could use my own verizon phone with them and the best part is I have the same plan and the same service but now I am only paying $45 a month the only down side to make a payment I need to call them every month. Other then that the service is great

Questions? Get answers from the PagePlus staff and other customers.

PagePlus?