This website seems to be closed. Find similar businesses

Oscar.org

Oscar.org

Oscar.org has a consumer rating of 1 star from 1 review indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.

How would you rate Oscar.org?

“Would the Movie Industry Survive Without Racism?”

Harlow C.
8/13/20

Many of what I would have considered the greatest motion pictures ever created were ruined through the perverse representation of some Americans. If films that contained Black and Asian buffoons, maids, porters, butlers, gangsters, pimps, prostitutes, and whites in blackface-makeup were destroyed, there would be very few of them left to view. The torch of bigotry relating to films was lit by classic movie producers who carefully handed it to contemporary movie-makers. Why are there no warnings attached to movies concerning racism? I cannot count the times that I have felt my stomach contort upon witnessing the aforementioned types of obsequious fools being thrown into the mix of a movie as distasteful seasonings. In addition, people should not be tricked into believing that computer technicians have dropped the torch of racism because they create, for instance, extremely biased Xbox and hidden object games. In short, even choosing to be entertained is not an effortless privilege for people of color. Update: I have attached photos of free and purchasable computer games that can be found online, today, this moment of 2021. I could not rotate all of the photos, but they are visible.

harlowc
August 13th, 2020

Questions? Get answers from the Oscar.org staff and other customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oscar.org?

Have a question about Oscar.org?