Review of ONYC Hair

611 Lofstrand Lane
Rockville, Maryland 20850, United States
Tel: +1-201-589-6692
info@onychair.com
Check out Featured ONYC Customer Reviews!
Learn More

preciousa7
4/16/19

I have had these for a few weeks now, and this is the first time wearing clip ins. I really like them when I got them, and I wanted to wait for a few uses to get some wear and tear before posting my review. Now that I have done that, I have no complaints with these kinky straight clipins. Throughout my use, I have shampooed it a couple of times, and I can tell you that they really hold up. The hair didn't tangle at all and shedding is also minimal. I am thinking of ordering again for thickness. This hair is definitely a great buy.

lydias59
3/19/19

For someone that have tried almost all types of curly hair (I am a curly hair addict) I truly enjoyed the Kinky Curly Hair from ONYC hair. This is by far the best Kinky curly weave I've had. What I love about this Kinky curl hair is how real it looks! Just looking at the photos and reviews alone, I started to get very excited. It was exactly what I needed and it looked even better once I received it. The wefts are durable and the hair felt just like real hair, not like the typical fake stuff I was so used to seeing when purchasing online. Now, I don't need the hassle of spending tons of time and money having my hair redone because of curls dropping or unbearably excessive tangled hair! It feels just like my own and I have had no issues with maintaining it, just remember to cowash and get their detangling brush! BEST Kinky Hair hands down.

jelaneya
3/8/19

ONYC Curly Addiction 3B collection is impressive. Each weft and closure have the amazing detail deep curls, even the closures come with baby hair to make it look and feel as authentic as possible! It fits well and stays on my head, no matter where I go. I receive a ton of praise and people still get so surprised when I confess that I'm wearing frontal closures and extensions. These closures match my wefts and look so natural as well, and as long as you have a professional stylist work on it, then you won't have any problems with it staying and looking amazing! It's a must-have and I recommend it every time!"

natoshaj1
1/19/19

I want to comment ONYC Hair for providing these amazing body wave wefts that come in different lengths and colors!

I ordered the Beach Wave hair! I found one that matches my hair and looks so natural when installed. The hairstyle looks perfect when I'm on vacation or out during casual events.

I get so many compliments from it, with people still getting shocked when I confess I'm using hair extensions! The wefts blend in well with my natural hair and stayed put without shedding no matter how many times I washed or deep conditioned it.

All in all, it's worth the investment and made to last!

bernadettew19
1/15/19

I ordered kinky curly hair, I received Tight Kinky Curly hair. I realized it was the wrong hair when I was in my hairdresser's chair. The hair was hard to comb and extremely unmanageable. I called the number listed and just got a recording. I sent an email and got a reply the next day. The reply basically said, "sorry, if you removed the foil wrapping of the hair, it is 100 percent VOID, you cannot return it, in fact we will not give you a label to return it and you cannot return it without our return label". I wrote several emails explaining that this is the most expensive hair I have ever bought and I really wanted to love this hair; but I received no consideration from this company. They said we think you ordered the wrong hair and so tough luck and good riddance, we are an online company and we do not care if you are satisfied or not. This was my first and LAST time buying anything from this company. This company will give credit for a favorable review, but would not give credit or consideration to a dissatisfied customer.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
Dear Bernadette,

We are truly sorry about your experience but there is absolutely nothing we would’ve done. We tried our best to please you by offering discount, but you rejected that.
If we are not a reliable company, we will not be in business for 11 years now!

We understand your anger and frustration, but it is not fair to not be totally honest about what transpired. We CARE about our customers, but your situation is beyond our control.

To be clear, we never used such statement of not caring as you described. We have been in business for 11 years now, have overall great experience from our customers. You cannot send us Hair you tampered with.

To be clear of what happened here:
1) You ordered the Tight Kinky hair, it is the MOST difficult hair we have, the Tight Kinky is NOT for everyone hence we do not promote this hair. We are proud to offer all hair textures, from Silky hair to Tight kinky hair. We have warning sign all over the website advising customers NOT to buy this hair unless they know how to care for it so it. Most customers buy the 3B3C which is much easier to manage.

2) We honor exchange as we know we are online business but it must be in original condition. You tampered with the hair and removed all security label hence we cannot take it back. Our hair is packaged in a way you can see exactly the texture, play with it and all we ask is you DO NOT tamper with the label!

You should be able to see the hair texture without removing the small label holding the hair.

We did this for hygienic reason, we DO NOT stock hair that the label is removed, not only for hygienic reason but to maintain the integrity of our hair. We have had incidence where people repackaged counterfeit hair and return it to us.

You tampered with the label so there is no way we could take it back.

Sincerely,
Jennifer O.
tamarac9
9/24/18

I contacted and ordered hair from ONYC Hair Company to replace bad hair from another hair company (Pure Indian Hair). The response time was very quick and I received the hair extensions in only a couple of days. I love the hair! Instantly, I could tell the difference in quality. My main problem with the hair I was replacing was shedding, but immediately upon checking with ONYC there was no shedding! I have washed, deep conditioned, and sealed my wefts! I cannot wait to have this hair installed. I'm looking forward to a great relationship with ONYC!

Response from Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative
Dear Tamara,

Thank you so much for your sharing positive experience.

ONYC Hair value all our customers and most thrilled when we gain loyalty of new one like you
victoriad95
8/12/18

I am in love with the kinky curly hair weave! While I never tried hair extensions before, I decided to make that change and start adding some volume. And let me tell you, I was impressed! The curls were a bit looser than my natural hair but has the amazing curls that look and feel natural. When I received it, it felt so soft and full. You really see the quality and just know that it's real virgin hair by its feel alone. I'm pleased with it and while I still have to get used to the clips, I have no complaints and will purchase again!

alexac18
7/24/18

OMG, I love ONYC Hair closures! I recently ordered mine and it arrived fast. The quality is awesome. The previous kinky curl I bought from another supplier had that weird smell to it which is overwhelming. This hair on the other hand smelled nice and when this product came, it didnt smell at all and its even soft. I like swinging my hair because the curls would bounce on my face which feels smooth. I combed and washed it and to my surprise, the curls were still the same. I was so impressed because other products will easily lose the curls once my fingers are on it. I even recommended this to my friend. After seeing mine, she decided to buy a set too. The five stars is worth it.

natoshaj
7/2/18

I Bought this hair in for about a month ago, both weft and closure!

I made a wig out of it. I cowash it every 3 to 4 days hence I do not sleep with it. The curls are so GORGEOUS and give me all sort of excitement, lol!

I will totally recommend it, I have tried so many other kinky hair and none is compared to this hair.

It is so easy to detangle, make sure you get their detangling brush!

barbarao78
6/27/18

OMG, BEST Kinky Straight Hair in the market. Love the weft and Closure, so natural!

FAST SHIPPING! GREAT PRODUCT! I LOOOOOOOOVE MY HAIR!!! DEF. WILL BUY AGAIN!! ONYC Hair Rocks!

Best closure ever. Love the weft and Closure, they look so natural! GREAT PRODUCT! I LOOOOOOOOVE MY HAIR!!! DEF. WILL BUY AGAIN!! ONYC Hair Rocks!

jamies179
3/19/18

This hair is amazing. It matches my hair texture perfectly! I have been buying this hair for the last 5 years. I usually get 2 bundles of 3b-3c kinky curly 16 in. I also brought a set of clips as well. Love everything about this hair. The first couple of years I did a sew-in, then I purchased the clips. This year I tried a u-part wig! Still in Thank you ONYC!!!!

Response from Thelma O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thank you very much for your sharing positive experience.

ONYC Hair takes pride in giving priority to their customers and looking after their needs. We appreciate your business and welcome you to our long list of satisfied and much-valued customers. Our success comes from the continuous faith in the excellence of our products and services, something we are committed to and would never sacrifice.

Our 3B-3C Kinky Curly is one of our in-demand products. So you know it is available in our Golden Collection, Clip-In, and I Tip

If there is anything else we can do for you, please do inform us. We also appreciate your feedback; it’s what keeps us improving..
kiad5
3/17/18

This hair I amazing. It's very natural looking. People always think it's mine! It matches perfectly.

Response from Thelma O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and for taking the time to write. We are pleased to found out that you love our products and works with your hair perfectly.

Thank you very much for your kind words.
irenea27
11/18/17

Absolutely love my hair and closure from ONYC Hair. My stylist is in love as well. I couldn't have asked for better hair. They were exactly what I was hoping for. The weft and closure seamlessly blended.

This was my first time buying hair closure and I was not disappointed. I ordered the Light perm 18 and closure 14-16

Thanks ONYC for amazing product and customer service!

Response from Thelma O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thank you so much for such a great review!
ONYC Hair really works very hard in offering the best quality hair on the market possible.

We want to inform you that we are very pleased that you invested in our available product.

Light Perm is available in our Golden Collection, Clip In, I Tip, and Tape In.

We also appreciate your feedback; it’s what keeps us improving.If there is anything else we can do for you, please do inform us.
em7414
10/25/17

I have bought from them before and was satisfied in the past. This order, I received 2 thin bundles. And one good one.
I bought 3 bundles(16, 16 and 18) and a closure and it still wasnt enough for a full head. My bundles were super thin but I decided to install them to make sure. I didnt want to Calculate the thickness by just eyeing them. But yes, I can confirm that these bundles were very thin. They do not seem like 3.5 oz. I have bought bundles else where in the past where 3 bundles were too much hair for my head and I had to use 2 1/2. But 3 bundles and a closure and still spaces in my install? Ridiculous! Shame on you onyc!

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
We are so sad of your last experience about the Beach Wave Hair. It is hard to compare the fullness for the fact you wore our relaxed perm which is on the thicker side. We have all types of hair, from Tight Kinky full look to silky thin look, this hair is the thinnest hair we offer, it is for a particular look. It is actually 100g of hair and we are sure of it, we wish you contacted us for advice on which hair to get, we would’ve recommend Body 2 Wavy which is thicker hair fiber.

We launches this hair for customers that are used to our Body 2A and they all love it. We hope we are able to please you in your future orders but PLEASE try the Body 2 Wavy for a fuller wavy look, you will LOVE it!

We appreciate your business.
ashlies1
5/29/17

I found ONYC Hair by researching curly hair companies. I haven't installed my hair yet but I had to post a review on their quality customer service. I had several questions about the product, shipping, etc. They were very responsive and the processing and shipping time was really quick. I am pleased so far and looking forward to installation.

Response from Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative
Welcome to the family Ashlie !
sophian8
4/18/17

This is my honest about the body 2 wavy I bought from ONYC. The hair is so far the best wavy hair I have tried. I have been looking for that perfect wavy hair that is not thin like Indian hair. The hair is thick from tip to bottom and really bouncy. I usually wear it in flexi rod and my style last quite a bit.
I am going to my second install currently. They also have perfect closure to match which made my install flawless.
I also tried straightening, it was good but look thinner lol. I love big hair so I wear it wavy or flexi rod most times.
I will definitely shop again with onyc hair.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are glad you love your ONYC Hair! We hope to continue serving you better.
emilye32
4/17/17

I am so new to wearing weaves but I did my extensive research before my purchase of ONYC Kinky 3B3C! I stalked their Instagram page and their website galleries.
I am so very impressed with this hair, packaging and hair quality when I received was great! The customer service answered all my questions and concerns.
Detangling this hair WAS a breeze especially using the detangler brush they recommended.

MOST natural curls I have ever seen, hands down.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
We appreciate you honest contribution and glad you love our curls!
eyvonnef1
3/8/17

Hair is ok. Doesn't hold curls and sheds wayyyyy too much. But it's ok. Wish it came in jet black. But overall I'm getting my money's worth.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thank you so much for your feedback. Kinky hair in general has more tendency to break. We recommend using a really good moisturizing conditioner very often and during conditioner wash. Please make sure to visit our Hair Care Blog for more tips: https://www.onychair.com/hair-care-guide
ambers63
12/20/16

I have purchased several closures from this company and have always received awesome quality product. I recently purchased one of the more affordable closures and the quality was still the same. I was surprised and this just let me know that I will be purchasing closures from this company for as long as they are around. The hair does not tangle and does not need any product to perform and behave. I do not get any shedding hardly, maybe 2 strands or so since I have received it. If you want a closure that will last for years with good care please go ahead and do business with these people at ONYC Hair. Thanks for quality!

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
We appreciate your business and value your informative feedback.
alexil
5/29/16

I had received my hair on time tight kinky curly as described , the hair does not shed, soft and manageable.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thanks a lot for your feedback!
sonyam16
5/23/16

This is THE BEST natural hair I have ever purchased. I actually love wearing it in the natural state. People are always asking if my hair is real and I giggle when I reply. If you do not like natural hair, this hair is not for you. The hair is beautiful when curled, but on a misty day, it's impossible to maintain the 'curls' or 'straight' style and I'm ok with that. I love to wear my hair full, so this hair is definitely for me.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
We are known for our natural textures, glad we did not disappoint you :)
nanettej
4/28/16

I am extremely happy with my ONYC Hair purchase. I purchased the kinky Straight Fro Out for almost a year now and my hair is still going STRONG!

I have used other brand names and none was as natural as this.

Great quality product and I only used a little more than one pack. Hair is very thick and full but feel so soft. I ordered 12 so perhaps you will need more hair if you are wanting long hair...

Overall, I am a happy customer and will certainly order again.

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
Our Fro Out is truly remarkable, we are glad you love it!
juliak36
3/8/16

I LOVE, LOVE THIS HAIR!!! It is pure perfection. This is ABSOLUTELY the best hair I've ever purchased!! Many people don't realize that it isn't my natural hair! There is very minimal shedding and tangling. I cannot get over how natural and long lasting it is. I usually don't write reviews but needed to share my experience with this fierce investment!

Julia

Response from Jennifer O., ONYC Hair Representative
Thank you so much for your loyalty and honest feedback, we appreciate you!
amariec
2/18/16

This hair is simply amazing! I have been contemplating buying this and 100% decided after I saw the Fro Out on Lexi with curls. I searched high and low for that perfect kinky straight human hair in colored options

Most textures I found are too silky and nothing kinky about them, yikes. This matches PERFECTLY with my 4B-C natural hair. I have flat ironed it numerous times and still retain textures, now that's golden. I am in love, this hair is everything and more. I am forever ONYC Hair loyal customer!!!

They also offer this in natural black which you can color but it warns you not to go too light to avoid hair damage. Beside, I do not trust anyone to color this hair so i am pleased for the already colored options. I just wish they have many more color options:(

Tip for consumers: This hair has lots of texture so please condition it quite often. Though it is straight hair, I took the advice of ONYC Hair staff and co-wash it every week!

olivias27
2/3/16

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE is all I have for ONYC Hair Curly Addiction 3B.

I sent them this photo to match and the hair is gorgeous! I ordered #6, #4 and natural black and the color came out beautifully.

I cowashed it every 3 days for a really nice defined curls. The curls still intact like first day I bought it. I am getting EVERYDAY about my hair and folks think they are all mine, lol! I am a socker when it comes to curls and I found my perfect deep curly hair with ONYC Hair. If you are tired of not finding the perfect C curl, then stop looking and go shopping.

Tip for consumers: Moisturizing conditioner will be your best friend. I also use their diffuser for a really luscious defined curls!

Thanks for your interest! The details of our clip-in product are provided under the "Details" tab of an individual product, where we provide approximated weight and size of the clip-ins. The weight of our clip-in is totally different from our weft hair and varies length to length since clip-in hair is sold by clip width and not weight. The width is always consistent and hair weight varies depending on length as provided below. How much Hair do you need: How much hair you will need depends on your natural hair length, fullness and what style you want to achieve. Customers buy from one set to 5 sets or even more! In general, if you are buying it to get only fullness and not increase hair length, you will need 1 to 2 or 3 sets. If you intend to increase your hair length, you will need at least 3 sets. Please reference our clip in measurement and then decide if it is enough for the style you are aiming to achieve. Clip Weft measurement: One 8 Inch (Approximately 20cm) wide weft - 4 clips per weft Two 6 Inch (Approximately 15cm) wide wefts - 3 clips per weft Two 4 Inch (Approximately 10cm) wide wefts - 2 clips per weft Two 2 Inch (Approximately 5cm) wide wefts - 1 clip per weft Weight: 14" Approximately 54g 16" Approximately 60g 18" Approximately 66g 20" Approximately 72g If you need any additional question or assistance, please feel free to contact us using this link: https://www.onychair.com/contact-us

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Dear Shanteria, Thanks for your interest! It depends on your destination and chosen shipping option. Full details will be displayed upon checkout, but you can check possible options here: https://www.onychair.com/shipping If you need any additional question or assistance, please feel free to contact us using this link: https://www.onychair.com/contact-us

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Dear Gladys, We are yet to launch our wigs, so we are not sure if you are contacting the correct company? We have this imposter that was using our company name to scam people and have since reported them. Please note our sites and only use below to order our products online: USA :https://onychair.com (Ships worldwide) UK: https://onychair.uk (Ships within UK and Europe only) Nigeria: https://onychair.ng (Ships within Nigeria and West Africa only)

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Hi Monica, So sorry we are late. Our Closures are invented by the BEST in Closure business and meticulously crafted by our creative and detail oriented staff. It has a very Natural Density which helps to combat the wig look hence offers you the most natural finish look! ONYC® Closures are Natural Part Closures Piece so you can part it in different directions. Our Closures/Frontals have Natural distribution to mimic your natural hair distribution, this creates a very Natural look if properly installed. It is double knotted for durability so will last longer with no excessive shedding. We offer our closures in many natural textures that suit all black hair! Please follow this link to shop our closures. https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/46-frontal-closures

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Thanks for getting in touch with us. ONYC Hair is pleased to address your concerns. Yes, you can order ONYC Hair Extensions and other products from India and anywhere worldwide. We have worldwide shipping option for all international orders. We can ONLY ship to your billing address if payment is via credit card. For more information about ONYC International Orders, please view our International Shipping Policy: https://www.onychair.com/shipping#international In regards to care, we suggest reading our guide, https://www.onychair.com/hair-care-guide, and emailing us at info@onychair.com. Let us know, if you face any difficulties. Thank you!

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Hi, we are based in Virginia, USA with locations in the UK and Nigeria as well.

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Hi Angela, Thank you for your interest in ONYC Hair! We have many different textures of Clip-Ins to include: Straight, Wavy, Curly and Kinky that you can choose from! Check out the vast collection on our website to determine the texture that will best meet your needs>>> https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/107-ethnic-textured-clip-in. Also, feel free to get a more in-depth guide on choosing the best clip-in extensions within our hair care guide>>> https://www.onychair.com/hair-care-guide/item/79-best-clip-in-hair-extensions-for-black-hair If you need further assistance in creating your preferred look, feel free to contact a member of our Customer Service team via e-mail: info@onychair.com Monday-Friday 10:00am to 5:00pm EST. When e-mailing be sure to include pictures of your natural hair so that a member can guide you on the best texture to choose that blends well with your hair type.

By Rosemary I., ONYC Hair Representative

Thanks Tammra for your interest in ONYC Hair! Our Closures are known to be the best because they look natural and are very versatile. We do ask all customers and stylist to be gentle with the closure because the closure is made of lace which can easily tear if too much tension is applied while installing and/ or styling the piece. Also please understand that constantly poking, itching and adjusting the closure can cause it to rip which will cause shedding and bald spots. The longevity of the closure depends on how well you take care of it. Most of our customers have been able to use their closure for a year and even more… We have many different textures of closures ranging from straight to Kinky! You can get our sassy Remy collection which or the small sized closure as opposed to large one which are more budget friendly options. Sassy Remy https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/41-sassy-remy Full cuticle closures https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/79-textured-straight https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/81-wavy https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/82-curly https://www.onychair.com/by-category/category/83-kinky-curly You are always welcome to contact our customer service at info@oychair.com for any questions and concerns. We are open 10 am to 5pm EST Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.

By Thelma O., ONYC Hair UK Representative

Hello Julie, Thanks for getting in touch with us. Onyc Hair is pleased to address your concerns. Yes, You can order Onyc Hair Extensions and other products from Australia and anywhere Worldwide. We have worldwide shipping option for all international orders, We can ONLY ship to your billing address if payment is via credit card. For more information about ONYC International Orders, please view our International shipping Policy. Let us know, If you face any difficulties. Thanks

By Thelma O., ONYC Hair UK Representative
Questions? Get answers from the ONYC Hair staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ONYC Hair