Review of Numbeo

90401, Serbia
contact@numbeo.com

jamesa428
5/9/18

The collection of cost indices worldwide is a toy for children, not intended for serious assessments of reality!

Tip for consumers: None

alexs485
11/8/17

Price ranges are accurate and up to date, simple to use UI. Extremely helpful when moving to another city / state.

mickeyz
10/31/17

A year ago I wanted to move in Germany and I have started using Nubmeo in that time actively. I could compare the cost of living with the city where I was previously working. Later I have found out that many recruiters were using Numbeo too, so we were easily on the same page during the salary negotiations.

I have tried similar websites but this one works the best for me. It has a minimalistic design but it has a lot of content in comparison with others. It seems that developers did a great job here and keep investing. It covers almost every city I could ever think about. I like additional tools like cost calculator and cost of living estimator.

Now when I spent almost a year in Berlin I see that all price ranges are very accurate. I hope that people will keep contributing to this website. Good job Numbeo!!!

davida391
10/30/17

Quite accurate, I've checked it for my city. I do use this website when recruiters approach me with job offers. Seems very useful.

deeo12
10/29/17

I have found this site very accurate. I used it first time a few years ago when I decided to move to Ireland, and again when we moved to Switzerland last year. It helped us to decide where to live. After a few months of living here, I compared some prices in the city with the information on the site. I have found zero mistakes. I still use it very often when traveling around Europe as it is very reliable. Great job guys!

bojanm4
10/26/17

Very useful tool to estimate costs of living, but also to understand average salary.
I used it when I moved to Switzerland. Data are correct. Even for Switzerland where there are differences between cantons and towns.

markor13
10/25/17

I found Numbeo to be a great source of data when I was deciding to which city of Canada to move when I immigrate to this country. At first when I found out that cost of living is so much higher in Vancouver than in Toronto, I was a bit suspicious, but when I double-checked with friends of mine who already live there, it turned out to be all correct.

markod10
10/25/17

After living for more than 10 years in Zurich, Switzerland, in November 2016 I had to move to Belgrade, Serbia for professional reasons. As part of my relocation package and salary adjustment, I have started to investigate the living costs in Belgrade and came across Numbeo.com . Now after almost 12 months in Serbia, I can just say that all information I have gathered back then and took into my calculation were 100% true, sometimes too true :)

momak
10/25/17

Has more than 500 cities with data which looks very accurate. I've checked for my city and it looks about correct.

rayw59
6/11/17

I conducted an extensive comparison of Numbeo against other sources of data on costs of living in cities around the world. Numbeo had information on more cities than almost any other source. Many of its evaluations seemed accurate. Many others did not. Details at https://raywoodcockslatest.wordpress.com/2017/06/06/123-low-cost-cities/#Oxpat

jotteb
3/23/17

It bases its crime indices on self-recruited visitors of the web site. That is NOT at all a reliable method to estimate anything. The complicated index calculation method created by the programmer-nerds that runs that site is questionable to put it mildly. I even spot a silly error in their published software, and that is why the "crime index" and "safety index" all sum up to 100, although that was not their intention. A very low crime rate in Timisoara, Romania? That is a laughably wrong result (I have been there).

antonellod
5/2/16

Surveys are already not a great source of informations, because people often lies in them.
To make thing worse, on this site the surveys are inaccurate and not verified at all. Basically, anyone could create multiple accounts and write false data on the site.
Numbeo is useless and harmful

larsh11
10/10/15

Hi these data provided by numbeo guyd are pure fantasies. None relate to prices in the real market in any of the countries and cities mentioned on the site.

Numbeo.com draws a misinformed picture of the current state of affairs.

The site should be shut down.

nicolasg9
5/12/15

The website looks really great and it is very easy to find the data. However, it is not accurate. Data are outdated. I checked it easily with the gas price.

I relied on this website for my vacation in Spain and i think it was a bit a mistake. I thought i would find a spanish city with cheap consumption prices according to numbeo and in fact, when i went there, in 80% of the cases it was the same price as in my own town in France. Electronics & gas were even more expensive!

That was not a big deal because i haven't decided to live there. Nevertheless, i think it can be dangerous for other people who decide to solely rely on the prices from that website if you want to move to another country.

Tip: Today, there is chrome as automated translator, there are online supermarkets, there are websites that list gas prices. Find those ones they are extremely accurate.

Questions? Get answers from the Numbeo staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Numbeo