European Health Insurance reviews

Tel: 0300 330 1350

richards70
7/23/13
Beware! As 'Which' pointed out, the use of 'nhs' in the website's name gives the misleading impression that this is an official government site. EHIC CARDS ARE STILL FREE THROUGH THE OFFICIAL NHS SERVICE. I paid my £19.99 without reading all the small print, and waited for my cards to arrive...and waited. Until today, when I discovered the offiicial site and contacted them by phone. They were extremely helpful, explained what had happened with nhs-e111-ehic.org.uk, confirmed that they had NOT received any application from them for cards in my name, and took my details straightaway to get the cards sent on. I then phoned nhs-e111-ehic.org.uk. I explained my problem to the first 'customer adviser' whose English was not great. He eventually transferred me to his supervisor, who traced my application and said that they had not been able to process it because I gave them 'an old NHS number'. She said they had e-mailed me twice - I did not receive these e-mails (possibly because I have a decent SPAM filter). I asked for a refund, at which point the line apparently disconnected...we were saying 'Hello' to each other without hearing each other. The person at the other end then spoke in a language I didn't understand and hung up! I have e-mailed them to ask for a refund: if they do this promptly I will update this review and add a star...but the 'service' is really not necessary. If you need an EHIC card, the link you need is ww.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC. Hope this helps.
michaelr68
4/29/13
charged me £29 after finding out the site isn't even part of the nhs to make matters worse i was then told the cards are free anyway through a family friend.
after talking with nhs advice line, they advised me that all 3rd party companies have a duty to tell their customers a ehic is a free card, which i wasn't told but charged me for, a very distrusting company, it doesn't even deserve a star rating

Questions? Get answers from the European Health Insurance staff and other customers.

European Health Insurance?