NauticEd

NauticEd has a consumer rating of 3.5 stars from 4 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. NauticEd also ranks 13th among Boats sites.

How would you rate NauticEd?

“Update: Greatly improved!”

Henrik C.
8/7/19

I'm going through the material in the NauticEd RYA Day Skipper course for a second time and all the grammatical errors appear to have vannished! Great job editing the content. Five stars!

“Do not charter a boat from this company they are terrible !”

PAUL P.
2/28/18

I chartered a sail boat from this company total ripoff ( Grant ). The boat was terrible. Nothing worked heads, air, generator waited 2 days for parts that did not fix the problem . When I contacted Grant he hung up on me because I was upset . It totally ruined my trip .we ended up losing 4 days on a 10 day trip. I would say I would never go thru him again. However is remedy to the problem was he would knock off a couple of hundred dollars of my next trip Ya right like I am going to ever trust him again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

henrikc1
August 7th, 2019
• Updated review
Great course - needs editing for grammatical errors
January 1st, 2019
• Previous review
When I started this course, I was frustrated by all the grammatical errors. I had paid a lot of money for the course and felt that the authors could have taken the time to edit the content. I still feel this way, but as I progressed through the modules, the overall impression of the course has improved steadily - thanks to the quality of the technical presentation - which is excellent. Like the author, I'm an electrical engineer and certified pilot, so the presentation of the material and the review questions are great. I would gladly give this course five stars if NauticEd would take the time to fix just a few hundred grammatical errors...
paulp210
February 28th, 2018
ruined my trip .we ended up losing 4 days on a 10 day trip.
I would say I would never go thru him again.
However is remedy to the problem was he would knock off a couple of hundred
dollars of my next trip
Ya right like I am going to ever trust him again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bobg369
March 29th, 2020
I purchased the RYA day skipper course through NauticEd but I found the training material on the website to be 1) not aligned with the material in the RYA course, especially the way it is organized and 2) I found the practical exercises and the answers for questions to be really average in several instances. For example, an answer would be provided with very little detail on how it was derived, thus making learning difficult and slow.
Overall I would recommend using a different provider or a classroom-based course.
I really found it frustrating trying to learning and felt disappointed in the whole program.
ericn5
June 26th, 2012
I thought that the tides and currents course would be just a review of things I had learned while taking ASA 101,103 and 104. I was so wrong! This course adds a great deal of information to what I had already learned. I was very impressed with how up to date and in depth that information is. It was well worth taking.

Questions? Get answers from the NauticEd staff and other customers.

Learn how to sail online with our internationally recognized sailing education & certification program. eLearning courses for beginners to advanced sailors.

granth4
Grant H.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about NauticEd?

Have a question about NauticEd?