Review of MyFitnessPal

525 Brannan Street
copyrightagent@myfitnesspal.com

paulw262
9/11/18

WARNING!!!!! You cannot rely on reported calories on items in the "myfitnesspal" app. Items are primarily loaded in by users, and many times I have found the nutritional information to be incorrect. For example, I checked calorie count in a chicken cobb salad at a popular restaurant. Myfitnesspal has the calories from this exact restaurant as 500. When I checked the restaurant's information it's 610. Myfitnesspal has been notified, but couldn't care less. So it is up to you to double check nutritional information. DO NOT TRUST MYFITNESSPAL.

natechiad
8/29/18

I have used this site to calculate different calories in food, not for the reason of losing weight but due to the fact that I am diabetic and have fibromyalgia. By using their calories counter I can plan my meals more effectively. I can calculate how many calories each exercise will burn and adjust to not worsen my conditions.

The site is compatible with my Fit bit and the communities you can join allow you to take better care of your health. They have been around for 13 years and I have witnessed the site improve over this time period.

For someone who understands how difficult it is to enjoy a healthy life, this site aids me in enjoying my life.

joshl103
6/28/18

would recommend to all family and friends to use as well. it's helpful in loosing weight, and monitoring your physical activities for callory untack etc.

jackied85
4/17/18

This is a good app except you cannot delete things you have saved in your list of foods and it will not sync to any other app.

derekk19
3/6/18

This website is great for getting and staying healthy. It goes hand-in-hand with mobile apps so it's easy to keep track of everything on the go. Any bugs or problems I have had are resolved quickly and promptly.

daniellem73
11/4/16

Love this app keeps me on track with my calories although I would like to see a list of no carbs after lunchtime menu

bellinak
12/21/15

Really helpful

victoriah27
10/7/15

This site seems to have the biggest database of all the food tracking sites in multiple languages too and the scanner function is great. The frequent food list isn't so accurate it what it records so sometimes it takes longer to input but that is minor. Overall I like this site very much.

glendac5
9/8/15

Just love this site. It helps me a lot, not just by my diet but for my overall healthy living.

maggyv
7/15/15

Helped me a lot with my fitness lessons and workout!

stephenc48
5/21/15

finally a place where you can lose weight and have fun at the same time.
This app is the best...

erinf15
4/8/15

Without the my fitness pal app I doubt I would have had the success I've had in losing 60 lbs and keeping it off for over 2 years now! Theres nothing this program cant do! I track my food,exercise, get support from my friends, can adjust it to meet my specific nutrional needs. It has an extensive data base of all of the foods I enjoy. It syncs seamlessly with all of my devices and other health programs. Sincerely, thank you. I went from being extremely sick and unhealthy to strong and fit!

Tip for consumers: Use This...It Works!

nassers
1/15/15

This is one of the best apps on the market. It's super accurate. I put in my exact meals daily and it actually has the right calories with correct data ! HOW do they do it??
Great app and great site.

beckyt6
12/18/13

Great site, life changing. the community is great, the forums are well moderated. The tools for tracking goals are great and the app syncs with the site and has never gone down.

yans8
8/9/13

I like the website. It really helped me to understand my calorie intake :)

brendas15
1/5/13

Who doesn't have a few pounds to lose?

Fortunately, I've never been more than 25 pounds overweight in my life. But as a petite woman, that extra weight has really been a drag and losing it has been hard. I was on Weight Watchers for a few years, but after a while I found that it just stopped working for me. I got near my (realistic) goal but somehow just couldn't attain it.

Somewhere along the line, I found myfitnesspal.com. My husband and teenage daughter are also using it. Right now we have all decided to go "low carb." My husband has insulin resistance and his doctor told him that low carb may be the key for him (he has already lost 13 lbs). I wanted to try that tact, too. I remember that years ago, before Weight Watchers, I did have success keeping the weight off if I just didn't eat too many carbs.

Well anyway, myfitnesspal is not a diet website. It is merely a way for you to track what you eat everyday, and your exercise or activity. You can be on whatever type of plan you want, and track it on this website. You can also track specific things such as the amount of sodium you are eating, saturated fat, cholesterol, and other criteria. They also have a smartphone app that you can use when you're not at your computer.

The website is very easy to use. Thousands and thousands of foods and brands are already in their database (and if not, you can enter something, yourself). If you tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every day, you can "copy to today" so that you don't need to enter the same thing all the time.

You can enter recipes and either keep them to yourself or share them with the entire myfitnesspal membership. You can also "friend" other members and let them see your food diary and recipes. I have "friended" my husband and daughter, so that they can easily copy the nutrition information from the dinner I made.

In summary, I really like this website. It has its drawbacks (sometimes members enter erroneous food information) but overall I have found it to be extremely helpful.

Oh, and did I mention: it's totally free!!!

lucys5
12/13/11

I love this site im using it now to lose weight it keeps you in great shape and you get heaps of modivation and support from others

danielles5
7/12/11

can't believe this has no reviews yet!!! BEST WEBSITE EVER!

I visit it more than Crackbook! Their food database is HUGE And it's the best place on the net to track calories, track exersise, and keep track of your progress :) Iphone App is sweet too!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the MyFitnessPal staff and other customers.

1 Photo for MyFitnessPal